Can I get a Starport Banner for my Website?

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

MelkoR

Post by MelkoR » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:45 am

i would like the url, pm me

Silurian

Post by Silurian » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:21 pm

www.t35.com www.1asphost.com Try those, both have a lot of space and a lot or unlimited bandwidth.

Phase
Location: Invading your colony wile you waste time reading the forum.

Post by Phase » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:36 pm

im goanna go get myself banned on the star sonata forums and post these :twisted:

Dahlmock

suggestion

Post by Dahlmock » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:14 pm

hi,

this is just few suggestion for banner adds and your site (i own a web design/marketing company)

Banners :
They will attrack more people but you need to reward those who put them up a simple database with there username linked from the banner and IP of the person clicking, can easely be setup that way you will know how many unique click that user you get from each banner rewarding everyone equally (ex: 1000 unique click = 100 tokens that is just an exemple) business turn up on the net from search engine hits are 1% from banners they go up to near 5% so from 1000 click you get 50 new clients. Its worth it

A friend of mine told me about this game thats why i tryed it (and got addicted) but from the look of your site itself i'm not sure i would have downloaded it, don’t mean to insult you in anyway, but it looks kinna childish not a very good look for a site with lots of potentiel there is tons ov great in game images that could be added there, but the best thing would be to simply make a new one or even easier by one like this 1

http://www.templatehelp.com/preset/pr_p ... CAI58MH3gd

I like the look of it, the flash (the guy on the right) could be removed and in game structure could be added there, changing it on each page. Anyway that template could easely be modified to fit Starport.

Search Engine :
Your meta tags are not right description is to long and there should be more important keywords at the beginning of it, your keywords are good but wont generate anything your first 1 is mmorpg there is 24 million hit on that so unless you use combinations of keyword you will never come out, or of course if you type starport but your looking for people who don’t know the game so they will look for (ex: star game, space game, mmorpg space) you get the picture, you also need to add all those keyword on your first page in the text add them in the ALT=”” image tag that is very important.

While remaking the site keep all the same page name but add a few more with mostly keyword on them like ( space game.htm ) fill that page with keywords and list it on search engine by itself has a sub page there more banners you have the more link to your site there is google takes note ov how many site link to yours to place you in the ranking system.

I usually charge for those info :p but I like the game so I hope you guys do well and stick around for a while.

Dahlmock

PS: when i started typing this it was suppose to be a 2 liner on the banners i know there is other threads where i should have put this i just hope it gets to the right person and sorry for my english i'm french Canadian :-)

Relentless

Post by Relentless » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:28 pm

It seems that link you provided had different language(s) on the page; care to translate at all :P?

Dahlmock

Post by Dahlmock » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:41 am

sure ...

http://www.templatemonster.com/

template number is 3916

:lol: is that better

Dahl

Relentless

Post by Relentless » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:20 am

Interesting If I were to make a website though I'd go for a more profesional approach.

Fix up my site with some home-brew HTML code/CSS I love organizing code to be so wonderfully catagorized It's absolutely hard to be affraid to change things.

Then I'd probably slap some invision forum boards on there and buy a license or something.

Of course I could always learn how to program / make my own forums but I'd have to bust my brain a bit to learn how to do that.

But as for websites; it's just better to do it yourself to garuntee a unique fresh design. Usually shelling out random templates and having the template means nothing.

What makes a webmaster succesfull is their ability to adapt; socialize; get allong with people, and so on. And may I say building your own website to perfection builds a LOT of character making success a tad more realasticbly reachable :)

Dahlmock

Post by Dahlmock » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:21 pm

I'v been building website for 12 years now so i must have a lot of character :-)

I was suggesting a prebuild template to be able to doit faster and a lot cheaper.

Dahl

Karoken

Post by Karoken » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:04 am

Hey my friend from school has a pretty sweet GFX website... maybe we could tie into it somehow? its great, thousands of pics and renders n BBQ and a sweet forum..
I could easily get him to make a section exclusively for starport if enough people would support it
www.ultimategfx.com

DayWolf

umm

Post by DayWolf » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:21 pm

i cant seem to get the code to make the banner

JD

Post by JD » Tue May 23, 2006 7:51 am

how do you track the website to the player it belongs to?

Maniacus

Post by Maniacus » Tue May 23, 2006 7:53 am

They don't the banners are there for Players and Fans who VOLUNTEER to put them up on their website. there are no reperations for displaying them.

JD

Post by JD » Tue May 23, 2006 7:57 am

Ahh okay, that is fine. I was just wondering and I seen where admin tokens were asked for (kinda) and didn't see anything after that. I will also add them to my site as well.

Supersith

Post by Supersith » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:47 pm

lol Dune Wars. like Runescape and Star Wars?
I think it would make more since if Dune Wars was more like Dune and Star Wars.

Genesis

Post by Genesis » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:48 pm

Some people might make some mini sites peppered all over the place, then beg for rewards...

They might abuse such an idea as this.

Orion

Post by Orion » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:49 am

So if we get a StarPort website with good traffic, we get Admiral Tokens?

(Please answer that...)

Also if that is the deal than you should come up with a system where is someone clicks a link to this website, they get the reward.

I don't know if you're confussed but most websites have it like this:

http://somewebsite.com/adverts.php?reff ... EBSITE.COM

You should do something like that?

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:50 am

I get error.

And I don't think you'd get tokens when having a website.

Metalurgist

Post by Metalurgist » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:45 pm

[quote="Anonymous"]well ok I dont have a right or left column (well I have a left column), but ya know people wont want to rearrange their site to add a banner, im saying there should be different sized banners.

I went about making one but I got sidetracked and it ended up looking like a monkey on fire.[/quote]

u dont have 2 rearange any thing just stick on ur home page if u have 1

xi

Post by xi » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:13 am

lol the movie dune confused me...what the hell was with that one guys zits???

milo

Post by milo » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:25 pm

great idea glad it's stickied thanks everyone

Lovecraft
Site Admin

Post by Lovecraft » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:30 pm

We're having some new banners made and when they're done we'll make them available for people who'd like to place them on their site.

squeemish

Post by squeemish » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:29 am

I look forward to seeing the new banners!

You won't kill the old ones, right? Some of us are hot-linking to them :)

Also when they do come out you may want to un-sticky this thread and start a new one in the tavern. This isn't just an idea anymore so it belongs there.

EDIT: I just saw your "location" is Arkham, that's just great.

nukahn

Post by nukahn » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:07 pm

Any traffic you get from nukelandcinema.com or any sub-directory thereof is courtesy of me.
Also, traffic from neomonsterisland.com/Forums and subdirectories thereof are courtesy of me.

Additionally, I've knocked together a couple quick button-sized banners for folks to use. I'll permanently host these on my photobucket, so feel free to hotlink.
A static version and an animated version.

Jtak

Post by Jtak » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:21 pm

hows the admiral point thingy comming toonces

buggy

Post by buggy » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:14 pm

Phase wrote:im goanna go get myself banned on the star sonata forums and post these :twisted:
hey you play starsonata!i used to play there and got to lvl 600 but then a scammer scamd me of my act and i was forum band so i couldint change password so everyone thinkd i was a scammer so i quit,then after a lonnng time i came here.and i was kevin there on shields before i was scammd of my act.

armyguy

Post by armyguy » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:41 am

can i git a banner 4 forums ?

JustiNKN

Post by JustiNKN » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:18 am

i think you would use this code

or mabey

[img]

just my point of view[/img]

pewpewpew
Location: In mah uber dreamsower, shooting nukes at you by the dozen.

Re: Can I get a Starport Banner for my Website?

Post by pewpewpew » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:55 am

How do you make banners like that? besides splicing images and putting them together with photo shop...

jangsy5

Post by jangsy5 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:41 am

Get a tablet and hand draw, apart from that there's only construction drawing or ripping/photoshopping.

Edited:
Here's one that i just ripped and photo shoped.
Quantum.rar
the're tonnes of pics on google or http//:www.spacewallpapers.net

glory

Post by glory » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:00 pm

jangsy5 wrote:Get a tablet and hand draw, apart from that there's only construction drawing or ripping/photoshopping.

Edited:
Here's one that i just ripped and photo shoped.
Quantum.rar
the're tonnes of pics on google or http//:www.spacewallpapers.net
virus! virus!!! dont download!