OH GOD WHYYYY-WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

JuliusCaesar

OH GOD WHYYYY-WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!

Post by JuliusCaesar » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:28 am

I've started seriously lifting again (that is, every other day) and I am sort of disappoined with my rate of growth at this point, so I decided to get some muscle milk.

wat
is
this
BBQ?

It is a sludge of nasty tasting semi chocolate paste, so thick that holding one's nose while swallowing it causes my ears to pop. Any palpable alternatives?

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Re: OH GOD WHYYYY-WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:39 am

HGH....hands down

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:46 am

Ive learned to take all drugs, all countering each others side effects until it renders me superior above all.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:50 am

WeGotDeathStar wrote:HGH....hands down
Jeez im not trying to become the hulk.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:29 am

Never should have stopped :wink:

duece

Post by duece » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:44 am

JuliusCaesar wrote:I've started seriously lifting again (that is, every other day) and I am sort of disappoined with my rate of growth at this point, so I decided to get some muscle milk.

wat
is
this
BBQ?

It is a sludge of nasty tasting semi chocolate paste, so thick that holding one's nose while swallowing it causes my ears to pop. Any palpable alternatives?
Whey Protein powder? Idk if it tastes any better but that's the one I hear most recommended. I also don't want to assume you're a newb or anything, but are you sure you're eating enough (500 calories over maintenance), and that you're getting a gram of protein for every pound of body weight? If you're not eating enough you'll make no progress at all, and the protein requirement is a lot but that's how much you need for optimal results (not catastrophic if you fall a little short).

Then there's also the possibility that your workout sucks :), but idk.

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:38 am

are you sure its actual muscle milk and not some off brand, and that your mixing it right? Cuz I've been drinking muscle milk for years Its great, hell my grandma got me to make her a glass last week she loved it.

And btw if your trying to build muscle its not 1 gram for every pound of body weight, the conventional wisdom is that its a gram for every pound of lean muscle that's about 50% for the average male. so about half a gram for every pound you weigh spread out throughout the day. Keep in mind your body can only process so much protein, any extra will just turn to fat.

omlow

Post by omlow » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:41 am

first off, i 2nd what WeGotDeathStar said, HGH.

also, why not just get a manual labor job, then you get paid for working out you see. instead of lifting weights from the shelter of your gym or house like a noob.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:44 am

I won't get a manual labor related job because I doubt there are many openings in my little suburb for a 17 year old :roll: Nor do I have the time to adhere to a job schedule.

As for my workout I have consulted other people already and have the basics down, and am working every other day. As for the protein, I knew it was supposed to be spread out through the day but damn didn't realize I needed to match my entire (or half of) my weight in protein.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:47 am

Well Hell, if you're man enough to do the workout, dont cry and complain about eating/drinking the protein. :roll:

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:48 am

Sure thing mr 430 pound bencher. :mrgreen:

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:49 am

JuliusCaesar wrote:Sure thing mr 430 pound bencher. :mrgreen:
Glad to help. :D
Get back into the routine and be patient, it never happens overnight.

omlow

Post by omlow » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:50 am

JR speaks the truth.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:25 am

I plan on routing all the past satisfaction I gained from purposeless and lately unfun SGE into satisfaction from literal self growth.

BTW I gained like 10 pounds in a week and a half (maybe two) since I've started this routine. Is that even possible? lol especially when you consider Iv'e lost a little fat over this.... yeah.

omlow

Post by omlow » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:45 am

just out of curiosity why are you working out JC, any goals other than to lift X amount of weight?

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:57 pm

omlow wrote:just out of curiosity why are you working out JC, any goals other than to lift X amount of weight?
told him i was gonna hug him up

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:02 am

I just want to be able to bench my full weight in normal sets as soon as possible, which right now would be 185 pounds (gained ten since I started all this). I have no particular reason as to why. I just find this growth satisfying, as a sort of replacement for the satisfaction I no longer gain from SGE.

I used to work out quite a bit but then I stopped playing football, classes got more involved, SGE demanded more of my time, but now that I am reorganizing all this I can fit lifting back in there. I think of it as capping colonies....in my muscles (not literally obviously). Replacing a shitty habit with a good one so to speak.

For a while I was unsure of the objective results, but then that orgy invitation (which I turned down for multiple reasons) sort of gave me a heads up that what I am doing increases my public image, which in itself is useful for so many things.

So yep. Feels good, is good, and makes me look more impressive.

EDIT: I am not just doing bench presses, I am doing a full routine with my legs, back and arms, as I do them. The bench press weight goal is just sort of an arbitrary bench mark as to my entire routine.

duece

Post by duece » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:05 am

JuliusCaesar wrote: BTW I gained like 10 pounds in a week and a half (maybe two) since I've started this routine. Is that even possible? lol especially when you consider Iv'e lost a little fat over this.... yeah.
That's normal, just know that most of it is probably water weight. If you started dieting you'd lose most of it just as quick.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:44 am

Water weight? what?

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:29 am

Ya water weight.....and you sir are OCD.

If you want to grow muscle mass stop hammering yourself everyday, it's a waste of protein that your body needs to replace if lost. So all those supplements are just gonna fill your ballsack back up and not muscles.

Put royal.kittens picture away and stop touching yourself....................besides it's well known that she is indeed a he.

This has happened here before and will happen again.......................

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:22 pm

???????

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:19 pm

i suggest following glen quagmire's workout regimen, it did wonders for atleast one of his arms.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:58 pm

LordSturm wrote:i suggest following glen quagmire's workout regimen, it did wonders for atleast one of his arms.
:lol:

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:12 am

JuliusCaesar wrote:
LordSturm wrote:i suggest following glen quagmire's workout regimen, it did wonders for atleast one of his arms.
That would look funny :lol:

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:29 am

JesusRocks765 wrote:
JuliusCaesar wrote:
That would look funny :lol:

I wonder if JR follows a similar routine to maintain ever vigilant chastity :lol:

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:32 am

nope, Im strong in both arms, I just dont go running around bragging and making people feel bad. Im not like that, hopefully you wont be if you ever get strong.

P-i-m-p

Post by P-i-m-p » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:50 am

am I the only one that noticed you said god? aren't you atheist? isn't it against your lack of religion??? :lol:
/fail :roll:

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:58 pm

P-i-m-p wrote:am I the only one that noticed you said god? aren't you atheist? isn't it against your lack of religion??? :lol:
/fail :roll:
Yea its an old force of habit. And it can't be against the lack of something as there are no guidelines to define that "lacking" :D

General_Neox

Post by General_Neox » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:47 am

Aslong as you eat right there's no need for any supplements. Also that's a common misconcePtion it isn't 1 pound of protein per 1 pound of bodyweight it's one kilogram per pound

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:16 pm

Is it? My elders with experience in this regard all point to the half gram of protein / pound rule (a kg of protein per pound of weight would require me to eat a bull everyday lol). I have also found this elsewhere online.

And I now use premier protein milk shake things, have 30 grams instead of muslemilk's 20 grams of protein, taste a bit better, oh and I have replaced all pasta in my diet with delicious egg white noodles. omnoms