Chem help?

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

JuliusCaesar

Re: Chem help?

Post by JuliusCaesar » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:16 pm

lmfao a 20 point curve and the average was still a 50? does he teach or is it on the students? lol

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:42 pm

He teaches. But I think the problem was that he just gave us a general understanding of everything, but then the test had questions that were difficult. It was like he gave us a good overview and when he explained, everything made sense. But then we had to not only retain that knowledge and fundamental understanding, but apply it to these high difficulty level questions.

But it's all good. I know the trick now. I have from now until next exam to study/memorize the next tests questions and answers. And even though he changes the values for some of them, if I get a head start studying I should be able to make a 100 next time. And then on the final. And then on all of the exams next semester o.o

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:20 am

GRAWRG. wrote: I have from now until next exam to study/memorize the next tests questions and answers.
I R disappoint :(

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:22 am

the pool of questions/answers is online. therefore other people have found it as well. therefore they're already screwing up the curve, and my grade will suffer if i dont take advantage of the same resources as them.

there are like, 400 questions to choose from. it's not going to make studying any easier. i just think my grade will benefit more for the time put into studying.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:24 am

Well, you could always bring this to his attention and he might change the questions, meh I see where you are coming from though I wouldn't do it either from the risk probably.

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:52 am

he's smart enough to know that when you have to curve the grades 20 points and the average is still in the 50's, the questions are too hard.

and he didnt make his own questions the first time. he's not going to redo his whole test just cause everyone failed.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:24 pm

mhm alright then.