How to Build A Volc

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

Jeb

How to Build A Volc

Post by Jeb » Sat May 22, 2010 11:47 pm

I honestly don't know how. I seem to remember them only surviving with weather prediction or level 5 bact/drilling/plants/geotherm.... anyways please help.

Mel'Kaven

Re: How to Build A Volc

Post by Mel'Kaven » Sun May 23, 2010 7:48 pm

Drillingis prolly the best thing to have on a volc now. it can easily make a 5k and it can pump out weapons like russia in the cold war

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Mon May 24, 2010 1:48 am

Mel'Kaven wrote:Drillingis prolly the best thing to have on a volc now. it can easily make a 5k and it can pump out weapons like russia in the cold war
Was soviet union at the time. Stooopid :P.

On topic:
Volcanoes can easily be made into 5k pop. Fully build it and put to 80% harvest with 20% military (assuming you have NO techs). From there, put it so that anaerobes and oil are made at 0/hour and fill it with 1000 of each. With techs, is different, but same general idea.

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Wed May 26, 2010 12:15 am

ArdRhys4 wrote:
Mel'Kaven wrote:Drillingis prolly the best thing to have on a volc now. it can easily make a 5k and it can pump out weapons like russia in the cold war
Was soviet union at the time. Stooopid :P.

On topic:
Volcanoes can easily be made into 5k pop. Fully build it and put to 80% harvest with 20% military (assuming you have NO techs). From there, put it so that anaerobes and oil are made at 0/hour and fill it with 1000 of each. With techs, is different, but same general idea.
being technical are we Dr. Ard? :evil:

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Thu May 27, 2010 6:40 pm

Volcs with AA5 are pretty cool now.

I don't usually build volcs. No matter what you get, it's probably going to have a really low BPM solar.

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Sun May 30, 2010 8:26 pm

Barefoot wrote:Volcs with AA5 are pretty cool now.

I don't usually build volcs. No matter what you get, it's probably going to have a really low BPM solar.
  • Yea, for it to be stable at 5k requires a relatively low Military (around 20-40%) but this can be awesome with Advanced Aerodynamics 3-5, Industrial Construction 3-5, Military Tradition 3-5, Drilling 3-5, Strip Mining 3-5, or the anaerobes research at 3-5. With the last three, you should be able to get nearer to 40-60% and with first 4, your 20-40% will pay off like crazy. All other researches are fairly useless other than the population/morale ones. And they are only useful at level 4-5.
  • AA, IC and MT can easily be gotten by first completely building the colony and then placing a relatively large quantity of the population on military. Without weapons factory, the chances are that you will get Military Tradition but with weapons factory, the hardware you are building will be decisive in what type of research you get. This is not 100% effective, but it is at least about 70-80% chance. Sadly, I have found that this does not work with the resource ones for some reason (possibly because toonces did not program this in when he made the slider patch for resource) but if you have high harvesting, you will most likely get equipment or metal research. Anaerobes, uranium and oil research will be less likely but still fairly high possibility and spice, organic, and medicine will be extremely unlikely. While researching, lower taxation to 0% as you want the lowest possible chance of getting the useless research of increased taxation as this is nearly useless on a volcanic world.
  • This is not full-proof in any way. However, this should increase your chances of getting the desired research greatly. I have done this with volcanoes many times and it works very well. I have not played in a while so some things might be slightly different. Anyway, have fun and use this advice if you wish or tell me to hug off. Your choice^^.

P-i-m-p

Post by P-i-m-p » Mon May 31, 2010 3:12 am

the same way you build any other col!

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:29 am

Dave34 wrote:weth pred 5 and mili trad 5, epic win
my favorite would be lv 3 wp, lv 1 cd, lv 4 drilling , lv 2 military trad :P

P-i-m-p

Post by P-i-m-p » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:40 pm

Mel'Kaven wrote:
Mine is Spice Mining lvl 5 and Spectroscopes lvl 5 :lol:

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:11 pm

P-i-m-p wrote:
Mel'Kaven wrote:
Mine is Spice Mining lvl 5 and Spectroscopes lvl 5 :lol:
ROFL thats almost as pointless as Glen Becks' part on Fox news

P-i-m-p

Post by P-i-m-p » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:18 am

Mel'Kaven wrote:ROFL thats almost as pointless as Glen Becks' part on Fox news
Tis why i put it :lol:

nine-breaker

Post by nine-breaker » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:40 pm

P-i-m-p wrote:
I had a system of deserts in the old 11th and all except 1 had spice mining lvl 3 or above, I hated that system.

edit: I think Biggi kept killing the domes until they all had spice mining, and then he quit, and I took it over.

P-i-m-p

Post by P-i-m-p » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:37 am

nine-breaker wrote:
P-i-m-p wrote:
I had a system of deserts in the old 11th and all except 1 had spice mining lvl 3 or above, I hated that system.

edit: I think Biggi kept killing the domes until they all had spice mining, and then he quit, and I took it over.
Pwnt :lol: