Request for layout names

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

GRAWRG.

Request for layout names

Post by GRAWRG. » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:13 am

ive looked around for them, and cant find them. people are starting to get annoyed and confused when i say " its that layout with one direction.. up, like a rainbow, and it opens into this big chamber."

if there are names for some/all layouts, could someone post them (w/pics, of course)?

thanks.

GRAWRG.

Re: Request for layout names

Post by GRAWRG. » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:11 am

id like the news ones too, but tbh i couldnt find the old ones. i looked at that topic, and logically the names would be on the first page(s) where the first screenies are posted. they werent there. i jumped around a bit looking for them, but i cba reading through 7 pages of BBQ when what i was looking for should have been on the front page(s), and there are people on forums so eager to help <3

thanks for reposting the stuff too, btw. cause i wouldnt have gone looking through there again o.o

Edit: wait, i just looked.. i found the names, but its no use if all the pics have been removed!!

kenoneill

Post by kenoneill » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:29 am

http://metamilo.110mb.com/
check out this site for the names of the old ones

Mua'Dib

Post by Mua'Dib » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:23 am

Feel free to name them. There aren't any "official" names. Just like there aren't any "official" pics.
I just put them together in my spare time, and duece did the same for the new ones.
The numbers of them are the order in which we found and compiled them.

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:55 pm

im not asking for " offical " names, im asking for names that i can use to communicate with people o.o

ken, that links works for me.. but its not specific? like, it drops me at the index page or something.. and idk where planet layout names would be under titles like " building your colony " " invading a colony " " maintaining a colony " etc. i looked under invade and build, didnt see anything o.o

kenoneill

Post by kenoneill » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:40 pm

click building your colony and then click page 2-7 and it gives the layouts

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Tue May 04, 2010 2:17 am

yes! those are totally BBQ dome placements on that site btw. and the names are pretty gay too. for dragons tail.. " maze of bigness " xD

but the pics are there, so thats good. thank you very much!

kenoneill

Post by kenoneill » Tue May 04, 2010 4:45 am

some are fairly gay names but its a start for you anyway. your welcome

invaderzim

Post by invaderzim » Tue May 11, 2010 3:00 am

i find that Black Hand Book quite useful :D

is that some project from a long time ago that people started then stopped, or are there actually plans to finish it?

would be even awesomer once its finished

kenoneill

Post by kenoneill » Tue May 11, 2010 10:45 am

its been the way it is now since dr.strangelove put me on to it over 2 years ago.

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Tue May 11, 2010 6:08 pm

I've found that even if you have a set of names you call certain layouts, the chances that someone will call it the same is very slim.

When trying to communicate particular layouts to other players, the best way is to send them a link to the planet pictures page and tell them which # it is on the list. Not awfully efficient, but it's effective.

Bugs Bunny

Post by Bugs Bunny » Tue May 11, 2010 9:01 pm

Dave34 wrote:Hope your talking about new ones, I'm referring to the numbers on the planet pictures page.

31 is the impossible layout, if you dome it in right spot ;)
I agree :) its my fav layout....but i have helped cap it....with a skilled distract its very possible to cap 8)

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Thu May 13, 2010 12:41 am

Bugs Bunny wrote:
Dave34 wrote:Hope your talking about new ones, I'm referring to the numbers on the planet pictures page.

31 is the impossible layout, if you dome it in right spot ;)
I agree :) its my fav layout....but i have helped cap it....with a skilled distract its very possible to cap 8)
I've invaded that layout domed at warp, and it required a lot of energy (3 scs and several energy mods) to even get off a nuke. Beastly.

breakdown

Post by breakdown » Fri May 14, 2010 2:38 pm

http://sge.einz.nl/layouts/

That's a link to the einz layout names that dogzilla uses. I tend to refer to that if the community doesn't have a standard or I haven't' named the layout myself.

Bugs Bunny

Post by Bugs Bunny » Fri May 14, 2010 5:42 pm

Barefoot wrote: I've invaded that layout domed at warp, and it required a lot of energy (3 scs and several energy mods) to even get off a nuke. Beastly.
actually its much easier to take if domed at warp...well its my perception at least

Bugs Bunny

Post by Bugs Bunny » Fri May 14, 2010 5:54 pm

breakdown wrote:http://sge.einz.nl/layouts/

That's a link to the einz layout names that dogzilla uses. I tend to refer to that if the community doesn't have a standard or I haven't' named the layout myself.
love it... can we re-post it here?

Bugs Bunny

Post by Bugs Bunny » Fri May 14, 2010 9:03 pm

reposting for convenience :)

Planet Layouts

Rings
Image Image Image
----------Vulture------------------------------Smiley------------------------------Ring-X

Image Image Image
Ring Maze / Hideout / Vulture Paths-------Ring Coral---------------------Lots Of Room

Image Image Image
--------Tight Ring----------------------------7 Flower-----------------------------11 Ring

Image Image Image
---------Box Ring----------------------Block Ring---------------------------Little Ghost

Image Image Image
---------Gauntlet-----------------------Horn Ring----------------------------X / V-Ring

---------Hydra Ring

3/4 Ways

Image Image Image
---------3-Way------------------------------3-Way Fingers----------------------------3-Way Maze

Image Image Image
---------Islands------------------------------Layers------------------------------The Finger

Corridors / Passages

Image Image Image
---------Worm----------------------Maze Passages--------------------------Diamond Passages

Image Image Image
---------Peace Maze----------------------Winding Road-----------------------Loops / Topfork

Image Image Image
---------Curvey Passages----------------------------Spiral------------------------------Tadpole

Image Image Image
---------Elephant Head----------------------------Twist Maze-----------------------------Super Spiral

Image Image Image
---------Cat Head------------------------------Top Maze------------------------------Pepper

Nukehogs

Image Image Image
---------Clover-------------Pierced Heart----------------Telltale Heart

---------Long Island

Chambers

Image Image Image
---------Chambers -----------------------------Chambers 2 -----------------------------Bicycle

Image Image Image
---------Blimp -----------------------------Puddles / Drops ---------------------------Tic Tac Toe

Image Image
---------Bagpipe -----------------------------Yin Yang

Others

Image Image Image
---------Superwide -----------------------------Apple -----------------------------Wheel

Image Image Image
---------Squid / Octopus ------------------------Side Superwide ------------------------- Big Wheel

Image Image Image
---------Skull -----------------------------Crap Grid -----------------------------Wide Layers

Image Image Image
---------Kill Zone -----------------------------Pacman -----------------------------Dome Layers

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Sat May 22, 2010 2:45 am

Bugs Bunny wrote:reposting for convenience :)

Planet Layouts

Rings
Image Image Image
----------Vulture------------------------------Smiley------------------------------Ring-X

Image Image Image
Ring Maze / Hideout / Vulture Paths-------Ring Coral---------------------Lots Of Room

Image Image Image
--------Tight Ring----------------------------7 Flower-----------------------------11 Ring

Image Image Image
---------Box Ring----------------------Block Ring---------------------------Little Ghost

Image Image Image
---------Gauntlet-----------------------Horn Ring----------------------------X / V-Ring

---------Hydra Ring

3/4 Ways

Image Image Image
---------3-Way------------------------------3-Way Fingers----------------------------3-Way Maze

Image Image Image
---------Islands------------------------------Layers------------------------------The Finger

Corridors / Passages

Image Image Image
---------Worm----------------------Maze Passages--------------------------Diamond Passages

Image Image Image
---------Peace Maze----------------------Winding Road-----------------------Loops / Topfork

Image Image Image
---------Curvey Passages----------------------------Spiral------------------------------Tadpole

Image Image Image
---------Elephant Head----------------------------Twist Maze-----------------------------Super Spiral

Image Image Image
---------Cat Head------------------------------Top Maze------------------------------Pepper

Nukehogs

Image Image Image

---------Long Island

Chambers

Image Image Image
---------Chambers -----------------------------Chambers 2 -----------------------------Bicycle

Image Image Image
---------Blimp -----------------------------Puddles / Drops ---------------------------Tic Tac Toe

Image Image

Others

Image Image Image
---------Superwide -----------------------------Apple -----------------------------Wheel

Image Image Image
---------Squid / Octopus ------------------------Side Superwide ------------------------- Big Wheel

Image Image Image
---------Skull -----------------------------Crap Grid -----------------------------Wide Layers

Image Image Image
---------Kill Zone -----------------------------Pacman -----------------------------Dome Layers
Tic-tac-toe has 12 areas...

P-i-m-p

Post by P-i-m-p » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:08 pm

ArdRhys4 wrote:
Bugs Bunny wrote:reposting for convenience :)

Planet Layouts

Rings
Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

---------Hydra Ring

3/4 Ways

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Corridors / Passages

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Nukehogs

Image Image Image

---------Long Island

Chambers

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image

Others

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image
Tic-tac-toe has 12 areas...
Ty!!!

DrunkenDoughnut

Post by DrunkenDoughnut » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:07 am

kenoneill wrote:http://metamilo.110mb.com/
Holy BBQ I was looking at allot of the domeplacments he has set on those, hes got allot of the good ones but not only is he missing some realy good ones, but he also has some REALY SHITTY dome placments on there.

kenoneill

Post by kenoneill » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:39 pm

DrunkenDoughnut wrote:
kenoneill wrote:http://metamilo.110mb.com/
Holy BBQ I was looking at allot of the domeplacments he has set on those, hes got allot of the good ones but not only is he missing some realy good ones, but he also has some REALY SHITTY dome placments on there.
to be honest dd i think that site was last updated when one shots were in effect. i recall seeing that it was last updated sometime late 06

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:08 pm

Yeah, dome placements from '06 are going to be really outdated. I try to keep this list of dome placements current (middle of 7th page):

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2928&start=180

SnakeEyes

Post by SnakeEyes » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:02 pm

Now I know where all the bandwidth of my hosting went to :P