New Perma (or extended rebang): "Late Arrivals"

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

squeemish

New Perma (or extended rebang): "Late Arrivals"

Post by squeemish » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:31 am

For every planet in the galaxy, copy the layout, defenses, and settings from a random colonized planet in the other permas.

Every planet will start as a colonized UN planet with reasonable defenses, not the computer generated randomness of typical UN planets.

There may be a few tweaks to the copies. Each planet should start with empty factories and no stockpiled resources. Also start with 0 pollution and no disasters, they will come fast enough :)

Also: My title says "Perma" but I think this should be an extended bang. 6 months?

Mel'Kaven

Re: New Perma (or extended rebang): "Late Arrivals"

Post by Mel'Kaven » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:25 am

I like the idea of A extended rebang with all UN cols! but it should be shorter :>> but you lsot me on the rest of everything.... :lol:

tekkamanblade

Post by tekkamanblade » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:50 am

shouldnt the planets start with stockpiled ore? if not, then there is no reason to go to the extra trouble of having intelligently placed defenses.

also, this type of gameplay already exists. just go to any random perma and invade semi active cleaning crews until they cry.

squeemish

Post by squeemish » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:01 pm

tekkamanblade wrote:shouldnt the planets start with stockpiled ore? if not, then there is no reason to go to the extra trouble of having intelligently placed defenses.
The planets would be mining ore like usual, so yes the solar will be on. In fact the copied settings might need to be tweaked to ensure the ore is not going down.

All I'm saying is when you take a UN planet you shouldn't be getting a huge amount of stuff (other than a fully built planet!) since the UN isn't replenishing the lasers you take out or sending ships to fight you off. You need to invade other players to get the weapons, cash and resource spoils.
tekkamanblade wrote:also, this type of gameplay already exists. just go to any random perma and invade semi active cleaning crews until they cry.
To an extent, yes. You do have a point there, but new serves always start with many more players and healthy competition. I think it would be great fun to play a new galaxy where building was almost a non-issue.

tekkamanblade

Post by tekkamanblade » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:10 am

even if they are harvesting at a gain when copied, they wont have enough to support a ten shot until pop builds, or does pop start full?

i would like to see the technology you are talking about developed. i can see the stages of evolution it could go down, first, two top corps from different servers able to planet copy ther empires into an extended rebang to fight on even footing. and then eventually, copying empires of all players over to a single new perma so the old ones could be destroyed.

Fear-me

Post by Fear-me » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:24 pm

i like the bang idea ;D