quick question about colonization

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

misterlinux

quick question about colonization

Post by misterlinux » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:41 pm

Is it just me or do you have to do alot of hopping to find a planet to colonize?

seems like everywhere I go either the planet has another colony on it, or its a gas giant or a tiny planet...

I've looked at about 30 or 40 planets and can't seem to find anyplace to colonize....

I'm outside of UN space, but do I need to go wayyyyyy out to find an empty colonizable planet?

Thanks

Tony

Catfish

Re: quick question about colonization

Post by Catfish » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:49 pm

Well, it depends what server you are playing, but usually yes, you do have to go far from sol to find a colonizable planet.

toast

Post by toast » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:54 am

is it a pax server? or more specifically a permapax...because on those servers the lack of invasion/whatever else means that there are very few open planets.

i would think that on most of the perma's you should have little trouble in finding an open colony after checking say..10 systems max.

MastrIan

Post by MastrIan » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:28 am

If you are playing on a permaverse (never ending server) you are going to find almost all the systems colonized and will have trouble finding an open planet. The exception to this may be Rise of the Pirates, it is the newest server and has a high number of systems so you should be able to find an open colony relatively easily. But you do need to go a ways from sol and the UN.

If you want to experiment with building in an easier environment with less consequences of messing up try a rebang (14 day server). Just look out for those vulture invaders ;)

Luna

Post by Luna » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:56 pm

MastrIan wrote:If you are playing on a permaverse (never ending server) you are going to find almost all the systems colonized and will have trouble finding an open planet. The exception to this may be Rise of the Pirates, it is the newest server and has a high number of systems so you should be able to find an open colony relatively easily. But you do need to go a ways from sol and the UN.

If you want to experiment with building in an easier environment with less consequences of messing up try a rebang (14 day server). Just look out for those vulture invaders ;)

Watch out for Thorin. He's the master vulture on rebangs, for those that don't defend properly. Not too hard to place in top ten on rebangs if you build anything. Just learn how to build, where to dome, and how to place your defenses and you'll eventually succeed. All a learning process, so don't get discouraged easily. We all lose planets, get invaded, and make mistakes. Sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the bug. Hang in there.

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:25 pm

I still havent won a gold medal since i have been using this account :(
i suck:(
i should experiment more :p

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:59 pm

gamanche wrote:I still havent won a gold medal since i have been using this account :(
i suck:(
i should experiment more :p
All 'bout trading in rebangs. Use fuel wisely, and gold is not too hard - Unless you are talking about extended bangs.

Pwnster

Post by Pwnster » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:20 pm

Private Message me

I am going to get 4-5 new players together and make a video on how to build :)