Navyfield

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

Crimson

Navyfield

Post by Crimson » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:09 am

navyfield.eu - Bismark server

Most of the patch, and a wide selection of vets from here play there.

Its a free mmo - similar to start port - and is heavily pvp based.

Its a Second World War naval simulations game - really old school style to it - and the team that runs it is very good.

Armor

Re: Navyfield

Post by Armor » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:12 am

A friend of mine plays this and tried to get me to; it seems kinda neat and I would have played except it doesn't have a windowed mode option and I don't play things I can't MSN behind.

glory

Post by glory » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:59 pm

takes forever to level if u dont want to pay, or if there is no special event...

McGrod

Post by McGrod » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:16 pm

REVIEW DAMMIT!!!!

RockNation

Post by RockNation » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:26 pm

McGrod wrote:REVIEW DAMMIT!!!!
Go to the page and read, lazy donkey.

McGrod

Post by McGrod » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:28 pm

nope sorry can't do that need a review and all the infy lives cheats.

anito1

Post by anito1 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:53 pm

i played navyfield during its beta stage... i was the feared carrier-killer during my time there as a member of the feared USH fleet (corp name)...

but to all those who wants to play there... you need brain to master your skill at high level stage....

Armor

Post by Armor » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:22 am

anito1 wrote:i played navyfield during its beta stage... i was the feared carrier-killer during my time there as a member of the feared USH fleet (corp name)...

but to all those who wants to play there... you need brain to master your skill at high level stage....
Mustn't have needed one in the beta stage then.

Crimson

Post by Crimson » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:26 am

Reviews ehh

Well its a historical simulation game where ships of World War 2 and one 1 go at each other in deathmatch scenarios.

2D game where your ships crew are its life blood and are heavily effected by stats.

The site in the post above offers good FAQs on each of the nations for newbie and vets alike.

The dev team are pretty in touch with the players and there is almost always constant tweaking of settings.

Glory is right that the grind is pretty bad without premium, but its like 8 euros a months and worth it since it is a good game.

Anito is also right in that the game has a massive learning curve, well more like a lot of learning curves one after another. Kinda fits with the game tho, a destroyer would have a different tactical base than a Heavy Cruiserm or an Aircraft Carrier might have a different way to play than Battleship. Plus the nation you play defines your style of play.

And for McGrod i know that he'll enjoy the game, since he likes WW2 and stuff about it.

anito1

Post by anito1 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:44 am

Crimson wrote:Reviews ehh

Well its a historical simulation game where ships of World War 2 and one 1 go at each other in deathmatch scenarios.

2D game where your ships crew are its life blood and are heavily effected by stats.

The site in the post above offers good FAQs on each of the nations for newbie and vets alike.

The dev team are pretty in touch with the players and there is almost always constant tweaking of settings.

Glory is right that the grind is pretty bad without premium, but its like 8 euros a months and worth it since it is a good game.

Anito is also right in that the game has a massive learning curve, well more like a lot of learning curves one after another. Kinda fits with the game tho, a destroyer would have a different tactical base than a Heavy Cruiserm or an Aircraft Carrier might have a different way to play than Battleship. Plus the nation you play defines your style of play.

And for McGrod i know that he'll enjoy the game, since he likes WW2 and stuff about it.
at early stage from frigate to destroyer, you can have fun with ease on those auto aiming weapon system.... but beginning CL, youll need to master the art of firing your cannons at manual firing...

US, UK, GERMANY are mainly about shooting... Japan is into torperdoes...

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:03 pm

What about russia?:P

glory

Post by glory » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:04 pm

ArdRhys4 wrote:What about russia?:P
why would they have Russia, thats where meliza is from....everyone knows how smelly she makes it