[Software] SGE Colony Managment Calculator V1.0

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

Do you like this program?

- Yes, great program, thx!
48%
- No, it sucks, you waisted your time.
21%
- Yes, but it needs some updates though.
31%

Total votes: 84

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:45 pm

Nightmare wrote:Euh what exactly did you research then?

It is possible, I did pollution on my own, that was pretty hard, and Turkey even cracked the moral and population fomulas.

Nightmare
i was working on moral and population but was focusing on the resource production rates... Thats why not figuring in the research screwed it up so much... I had remember to do it the first time around but wasnt finished... when i came back the second time i had completely forgot about the research and none of my answers were making any sense... I could perhaps try it again... but i imagine with all of the new resource consumptions and all it would take me a few days to figure it out...

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:49 pm

well that ive remembered to take into account the research... ive got the base values for the arctic done already

Population= P in thousands
and all consumption appears to be 15resources per thousand pop (my calculations all came within .2 of 15 resources per k, so they were prolly rounded)
Metal = 32.4P
Anaerobes = 40.4P - (consumption)
Medicine = 48.8P - (consumption)
Organics = 16P - (consumption)
Oil = 9.6P - (consumption)
Uranium = 3.2P
Equipment = 4P
Spice = 3.2P

This should get the arctic harvesting rates fairly accurate.. ide say within 1 resource per hour

If u havent already done resource consumption let me know and ill do the rest of the planets... I think i could also figure out how much increase research does also if u dont have that...

Nightmare

Post by Nightmare » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:04 pm

Excellent cool, no I don't have anything concerning resources so all info is welcome! I'll make a test version for arctics in the near future. I think I'm going to have to re-analyse my program though so it will be easier to update in the future, I'll see what I can come up with this week-end and I'll post here or pm you if I run into any trouble concerning arctic harvesting rates.

Nightmare

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:01 pm

Nightmare wrote:Excellent cool, no I don't have anything concerning resources so all info is welcome! I'll make a test version for arctics in the near future. I think I'm going to have to re-analyse my program though so it will be easier to update in the future, I'll see what I can come up with this week-end and I'll post here or pm you if I run into any trouble concerning arctic harvesting rates.

Nightmare
I checked it on 3 different arctics, it came out perfect on each one (except for rates affected by research) so i believe these are correct

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:22 pm

Oceanic
still P=1000 pop

Metal Ore- 16.2P
Anaerobes- 27.2P-(consumption)
Medicine- 43.6P- (consumption)
Organics- 32.4P- (consumption)
Oil- 27.2P- (consumption)
Uranium- 11.2P
Equipment - 9.6P
Spice- 4.8P

milo

Post by milo » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:40 pm

me and turkey are working on:
- resource use and harvest rates
- weapons production rates
- solar shot and burst rates

i'm buisy untill wednesday but then college lightens up a bit. so prob nothing until next monday from me. i don't know how turkey is doing but were using the same general format.

Nightmare

Post by Nightmare » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:21 pm

Awsome, I'm swamped atm because I want to keep up with everything before the exam period (right after vacation). I should be able to squeeze in some time to re-analyse what I've done so far and come up with a semi-useful GUI for the harvesting stuff :P, but yeah keep up the good work.

Nightmare

Turkey

Post by Turkey » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:41 am

milo wrote:me and turkey are working on:
I'm not... I have way too much work to do..

milo

Post by milo » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:52 pm

lol ok so I am. but it's gonna be a bit before i finish.

and nightmare i noticed something strange while doing my research:

i noticed that when a colonies pollution is 0 that changing between "discoveries" and "environment" affects the morale growth rate.

have you noticed this too, and if so have you included it in your calculations?

is this a bug or just something i haven't noticed before because when a colony has any amount of pollution besides 0 switching back and forth has no effect. :shock:

Nightmare

Post by Nightmare » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:22 pm

Jwilson6 wrote:Oceanic
still P=1000 pop

Metal Ore- 16.2P
Uranium- 11.2P
Equipment - 9.6P
Spice- 4.8P
I'm guessing what you mean is:

Metal ore = +16.2 metal ore /1000 pop /h
Anaeroobs = -27.2 metal ore /1000 pop /h
etc.

I just find it a bit confusing the way you wrote it down...

I'm programming as we speak, I have a really good UI idea for this I think :P.

Nightmare

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:33 pm

Nightmare wrote:
Jwilson6 wrote:Oceanic
still P=1000 pop

Metal Ore- 16.2P
Uranium- 11.2P
Equipment - 9.6P
Spice- 4.8P
I'm guessing what you mean is:

Metal ore = +16.2 metal ore /1000 pop /h
Anaeroobs = -27.2 metal ore /1000 pop /h
etc.

I just find it a bit confusing the way you wrote it down...

I'm programming as we speak, I have a really good UI idea for this I think :P.

Nightmare
yes that is what i meant as per the
P=1000 pop
Finding the formulas were quite easy actually this is the process i used for doing it

-Find a 5k pop col of that planet type
-Check out the researches and make sure u dont do the formula for any resources that are affected by research
-set harvesting to 100% make a note of the resources rates
-set harvesting to 50% make a note of the resources rates
-subtract 100%-50% (this will negate consumption rates) then divide that by 2.5 for 2500 people
and then go find another planet for any resources affected by research

Nightmare

Post by Nightmare » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:27 pm

Cool, I will at least need the precise ref2 factor if I am to make an actual useful program though, nevertheless thx for the help so far :P.

I actually re-analysed my program and changed its structure a bit, that seems to have corrupted the population and moral calculation, I'll take a look at it tomorrow though.
I'm really bussy with college now though, so I don't think I'll be able to come up with anything proper in the immediat future, don't be discouraged to do some research though, I am still working on this program!

Nightmare

Talak.Winstar
Location: In Space, contemplating how exactly to negate the crappy events of OMD and BND story arcs.

Post by Talak.Winstar » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:09 am

And have einz take a look at it... He's good at this stuff...

Nightmare, you should get a job as a software developer. :)

fireblade211

Post by fireblade211 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:55 am

pretty good job, but you need to add in "moral now" and the populaton growth

Nightmare

Post by Nightmare » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:04 pm

Talak.Winstar wrote:And have einz take a look at it... He's good at this stuff...

Nightmare, you should get a job as a software developer. :)
That's why I'm going to college :roll:, I don't think einz can help much here, by the time he understands how I programmed it and what my variable names are I could have figured it out on my own, maybe if I really get stuckI'll mail Turkey since it's his wicked formula :P
fireblade211 wrote:pretty good job, but you need to add in "moral now" and the populaton growth
You mean moral growth as a input by the user? Okay, that might be useful yeah. Population growth is something I can't really add since my program calculates the population when stable (which means that population growth = 0).

Nightmare

Nightmare

Post by Nightmare » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:00 pm

I found the error, was something really small I did wrong :P

This is the way the GUI will look like, resources and military will be displayed in 2 new extra windows with data:

Nightmare

Talak.Winstar
Location: In Space, contemplating how exactly to negate the crappy events of OMD and BND story arcs.

Post by Talak.Winstar » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:43 pm

Dam!! This BBQ is sick man.. Just think what kinda programs you'll make when you're outta college! :shock:

Turkey

Post by Turkey » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:23 pm

Jwilson6 wrote:-set harvesting to 100% make a note of the resources rates
-set harvesting to 50% make a note of the resources rates
-subtract 100%-50% (this will negate consumption rates) then divide that by 2.5 for 2500 people
Nice method. The one I used has slightly higher rounding error, but oh well. Here are my results:
These are in crates / hour / colonist.

Spice mine increases spice harvest by 50%.

Resource consumption is around 0.0149 crates / hour / colonist.

Don't have any IGPs so I haven't sampled that... I might go to a blitz or something.

Research affects harvesting by 0.3566 / lvl. That is, level 1 Strip Mining increases ore harvesting by around 35%, level 2 by 70% and so on. Again, rounding error is following me like a shadow..

Nightmare

Post by Nightmare » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:26 pm

Wow sweet Turkey, I can finally get to work decently! Just need to know one more thing, are these numbers for colonies with a refinery level 2 or without a refinery 2?

Thx anyhow, I'll start programming tonight :)

Nightmare

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:49 pm

Nightmare wrote:Wow sweet Turkey, I can finally get to work decently! Just need to know one more thing, are these numbers for colonies with a refinery level 2 or without a refinery 2?

Thx anyhow, I'll start programming tonight :)

Nightmare
I did mine with a refinery lvl 3 and his seem to fit pretty closely with mine so im guessing he did lvl 3 also

Turkey

Post by Turkey » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:03 pm

That's with the ref upgrade. Not hugely satisfied with the accuracy on those... they're within about 0.001 (one crate / thousand ppl) I think.

I think the ref upgrade makes a 50% increase... the starpedia still says it doubles it. I couldn't be bothered waiting four hours to sell both upgrades, does anyone know?

Nightmare

Post by Nightmare » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:38 am

You could try on Blitz and check it out, I'm studing for my exams atm so I'm kinda bussy :P.
I'm gonna redo the GUI though because I think it's not convenient enough atm. I'm planning on making 3 or 4 "tabs" (you know like in firefox) with each tab giving info on different things, one giving general info (the info my program generates right now) and one more for resources and another one for weapons.

Nightmare

milo

Post by milo » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:41 pm

nice turkey can i use those in my website?

Turkey

Post by Turkey » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:59 am

Sure ;)

I'm not guaranteeing 100% accuracy though.

Finally got that stuff into my spreadsheet. The harvest rates tend to be out by about 1, or by up to 3-4 when research is involved. Still, the basics are there.

m-boy

Post by m-boy » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:26 am

this must sound stupid but when i download the file, its compressed as im sure its soposed to be, but i cant get it to work, it says about clickin on a .jar but icant find it

Nightmare

Post by Nightmare » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:28 pm

The file you download is the .jar file and since you can only download one file I wouldn't know what couldn't be working.

The file you download is an archieved file but you don't have to extract it to use it, you just need to treat it like you would treat a normal program.. I hope that's a bit clear :S. Do remember you need Java on your computer though, many applications use Java these days so you should automatically have it.

Nightmare

rojo

Post by rojo » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:29 pm

So Nightmare...how are things?

Nightmare

Post by Nightmare » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:56 pm

Great but really bussy, college is kicking my donkey (second year is a lot harder than the first) but I'm cooping, might even update my programma sometime in June, July.

How are you? :P

Nightmare

rojo

Post by rojo » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:01 am

Atm doin good, sort of prepping for a party we're throwing tomorrow and I feel a little bad cause well, haven't been puttin in my share of work, been workin on a lady instead :wink: .

School's goin alright, still should prolly make it more a priority at some point, but what can ya do.

Glad to here all is well, been playin much?

Nightmare

Post by Nightmare » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:48 pm

Nope not much, no time, good to hear you're having fun, ladies are far more important than a videogame :P

Nightmare