[idea] Homeworlds! (the stronghold of your galactic empire)

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

milo

[idea] Homeworlds! (the stronghold of your galactic empire)

Post by milo » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:48 pm

Homeworlds! The Stronghold of your Galactic Empire

Definition: A homeworld is colony which possesses a variety of additional benefits, and is unique to its owner for that reason.

Purpose: provides less prominent players with a means of preventing their eradication from a server. Provides owners of historic colonies (double domes) with a tool to better preserve them for future generations. Provides an interesting personal touch to the strategy inherent in multiplayer games.

Bump message: This is the homeworld of “owner’s name here” and is heavily defended, if you wish to land again you will surely be destroyed! (Jwilson6’s idea)

Designating a homeworld:
How to - when in Biodome type (/namecolony homeworld “name”)
Cost - none (possible 1000 tokens)
Limitations - Each player may have a maximum of 1 homeworld at any given time.
- A player may redesignate their homeworld no more than once every 2 weeks.
- A player must cancel their initial homeworld before designating a new one. To cancel an initial homeworld a player would type the command (/cancelhomeworld) while in the homeworlds Biodome.
- If a player’s homeworld is captured they must wait at least one week before designating another homeworld.
Requirements - Unity *(must be maintained as long as the colony remains a homeworld or the colonies status as homeworld is lost)
- Completion of all structures
- Zounds

Benefits of a homeworld:
New construction options - Biodome 4*(details at end of post), refinery 4*(details at end of post)
Additional defenses - turret max increased from 125 to 175
Bonuses - morale
- Treasury limit increased from 10 to 50 million credits.

Loss of homeworld status: through capture or cancellation
General - turret max will drop back to 125 and all additional turrets will be automatically transferred to the weapons factory, if there is not enough room in the weapons factory the overflow will be lost.
- treasury limit will drop back to 10 million and the overflow will awarded to the personal treasury of the invader(invasion) or the owner(cancellation). However, credits awarded this way may not cause the players personal treasury to exceed the 100 million credit limit(if this is the case all overflow will be lost).
- Biodome 4 and refinery 4 are destroyed along with their contents.
- colony no longer receives the additional morale bonus.
Capture - upon capture of a homeworld, the owner will lose on average 1/4 of their total experience. Their reputation will also be reduced by approximately 1/4 of their total reputation score. The invader will receive bonus experience for the successful invasion equal to that lost by the owner, and the reputation loss for the successful invasion will be doubled.
Cancellation – upon cancellation of a homeworld, the owner’s reputation will be lowered an amount which is determined by how many colonists are lost in the destruction of Biodome 4 and the amount of time the colony has maintained homeworld status. (reputation loss equals the number of colonists lost multiplied by the number of weeks the colony maintained homeworld status)

Biodome 4
- increases population max from 5,000 to 10,000 (this also affects everything else that is normally associated with population increase i.e. pollution, reproduction, etc.)
- increases the effective military personnel max from 2,500 to 4,000 thus increasing the potential power of the solar cannon.

Refinery 4
- does not increase resource production rate per colonist
- allows the removal of a disaster at a cost of 50 million credits and 500 warp fuel.
Last edited by milo on Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DarkLordSauron

Post by DarkLordSauron » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:51 pm

i like it dude....it would be useful providing when you changed homeworld the extra 100 defenses were removed...

CaptKirk

Post by CaptKirk » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:02 pm

Homeworld designation could allow the construction of Biodome 4, allowing an additional 5k colonists. Allowing the "Max on military" to increase from 2.5k to 5k would increase the solar effectiveness without needing to code any changes to the solar. My reservation on allowing additional turrets would be the possibility of someone capturing it while leaving over 125 turrets intact. Since it would be the "center of corporate commerce", the treasury limit should be increased to 50 mill also.

milo

Post by milo » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:17 pm

good ideas guys

as to darklordsauron's coment i believe i included the removal of the additional 100 defenses
-if at any time a colony losed the title of homeworld any extra defenses on the planet will be placed in the wepons factory and if there is no space remaining they will be lost (the ones that are lost will be the ones that were placed after the orrigional limit, 125, was met)
as to captkirk's comments i like the bio 4 idea however i'm not sure at the moment of how the rest of the community would take that (i have a feeling it would be a general "no"). i understand your reservations to increasing the turret max and would hope that they would choose a planet layout where they could effectively utilized the additional 100 turrets. and i really like the idea about incrasing the treasury limit and so i am including it in my orrigional post.

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:38 pm

although i wasnt sure about milo's original post i think much of what seth has said balances it out and u should of course lost rep when ur homeworld is invaded as 5k colonists would be killed and the restrictions u have applied would make it very hard to abuse and if thats not enough i would say that when u switch ur homeworld u would lose rep as 5k colonists would be killed

I like this idea it would add a personal touch to the game and of course capturing the enemies capital is always a great victory for the conquerors and a humiliating defeat for the conquered

When u go to land on the colony it would say "This is the homeworld of the XXXXX XXXX corp and is heavily defended, if u wish to land again u will surely be destroyed" :D

Bacchus

Post by Bacchus » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:01 pm

Good idea :)

I bet if it costs 1k tokens to designate a homeworld the devs will speed up the development process ;)

-Bacchus

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:02 pm

NOOOOO quick bachus edit that out of ur post !!!!

callum

Post by callum » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:19 pm

I have heard this about a dozen times yet the admins will not accept it.

Bacchus

Post by Bacchus » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:10 am

callum wrote:I have heard this about a dozen times yet the admins will not accept it.
LOL that's why I mentioned the 1k tokens :) I like it and I'd pay a dollar for it :)

Sorry Jwilson :)

-Bacchus

alex_xr

Post by alex_xr » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:26 am

sounds cool

milo

Post by milo » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:10 pm

wow lots of response to this one. and .seth thank you so much for posting your thoughts, you provided some excellent points about how to make it work. i don't have very much time at the moment however so i will go through them all one by one in by tomarrow hopefully.

and jwilson i really like your bump message :D

Zavrith

Post by Zavrith » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:48 pm

I've always been a fan of homeworld ideas.

omlow

Post by omlow » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:42 am

this idea is silly to me

Bacchus

Post by Bacchus » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:22 am

omlow wrote:this idea is silly to me
ummm, er.... why please?

:)

-Bacchus

duece

Post by duece » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:53 am

1 col out of a thousand doesnt matter

xi

Post by xi » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:34 am

i always support homeworlds/corp HQs, you are just the person who can voice the ideas the best...good work Milo

Freakazoid

Post by Freakazoid » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:10 am

callum wrote:
I have heard this about a dozen times yet the admins will not accept it.
Toonces wrote
Stiffler, just wanted to note, that in order for good ideas to be noticed you probably do have to keep reposting and reposting them because a lot is lost in the shuffle unfortunately.
Keep trying! :)
I like any idea that can personalize a colony a bit, homeworlds, special buildings etc. But I think homeworlds have some potential to bring in extra cash for developers and improve the game for us, players.

Manganator

Post by Manganator » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:39 pm

Too lazy to find topic, but I already posted this idea. I liked it at the time, but no one really cares. Homeworld option would have to be really strictly programmed though.

I think that each corp having 1 homeworld would be a good balance for noobs (some of whom only have 1 planet) However, I don't think that you should have 100 more defenses.

Maybe 20-50 at most. I more like the idea that homeworlds would have 1.5x resource production, 1 point bonus in morale.

There is a problem however, and that is what happens to a homeworld once it's conquered. Does it become a regular world? If that's the case, what if it was taken when it still had extra defences on it? The glitch potential is pretty high.

Stuff like that. Maybe a special building that gives you bunches of rep...

General_Neox

Post by General_Neox » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:21 pm

A few changes

- homeworlds are only available when someone make a corp then they are the corps homeworld. (no one person homeworlds thats pretty cheesy) and it lowers the amount of homeworls there is going to be out there

- They dont have to have max everything or max pop/morale (this makes it so in rebangs u can have a home world right away and helps with newb-builders)

milo

Post by milo » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:23 pm

all this feedback is great and i thank everyone for their support, however i am going to have to completely rework the homeworld idea. i have copied all your post and will work on making a more acceptable version later tonight and i will replace the orrigional post with the new one tomarrow.

and xi thanks for the flattery
and freakazoid thanks for the encouragement
and everyone else thanks for the constructive criticism

this stuff takes a lot of time and thought so i appologise for the delayed corrections to the orrigional post.

General_Neox

Post by General_Neox » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:24 pm

milo post yur redone idea on my planet/ideas upgrades thread. it'll be made a sticky soon and I'll add it to the list on my first post

Jtak

Post by Jtak » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:47 am

All for it!

milo

Post by milo » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:21 pm

ok i will do general_neox.

the orrigional post has been completely reworked so please go back and read through it before posting any new ideas. also tell me what you think about the idea now.

Manganator

Post by Manganator » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:56 am

Changes have definitely streamlined it. I like it.

milo

Post by milo » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:45 pm

bump

McGrod

Post by McGrod » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:36 pm

In a perma = terrible idea
Unless it is just a plce you can bling up with statues and make your buildings first bronze then silver and then gold/platinum at extensively high prices. You could do it with other cols too but will be even more expensive. Or for the smaller corp on a tighter budget a small plaque/flag or something. Thats as far as I think it should go on a perma.
HOWEVER!
This could be a great game on a rebang or something wher you start up your fist col and thats your capital...soon as you lose it your out the game and your cols either become UN or the player who conquerd your homeworld. Homeworld has loads of advantages increased morale increased produce of everything....further away yur other cols are from the capital the less they produce ...unless you really get resource delivering etc.

awmalzo

Post by awmalzo » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:26 pm

I like it.though now bio3 are 25k not 5k ;p

got a homeworld..the first col I possesed..unfortunately its a volc ;/

General_Neox

Post by General_Neox » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:49 pm

all around good idea, i like how u explain everything. but modify it for the new patches like maybe 50 k colonists max and make it so the homeworld can handle a large population.

milo

Post by milo » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:06 pm

lol k i'll get back on this since there is still some interest, but not now i got finals after thanksgiving and will be cramming.

Jtak

Re: [idea] Homeworlds! (the stronghold of your galactic empi

Post by Jtak » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:31 am

milo wrote:Homeworlds! The Stronghold of your Galactic Empire

Definition: A homeworld is colony which possesses a variety of additional benefits, and is unique to its owner for that reason.

Purpose: provides less prominent players with a means of preventing their eradication from a server. Provides owners of historic colonies (double domes) with a tool to better preserve them for future generations. Provides an interesting personal touch to the strategy inherent in multiplayer games.

Bump message: This is the homeworld of “owner’s name here” and is heavily defended, if you wish to land again you will surely be destroyed! (Jwilson6’s idea)

Designating a homeworld:
How to - when in Biodome type (/namecolony homeworld “name”)
Cost - none (possible 1000 tokens)
Limitations - Each player may have a maximum of 1 homeworld at any given time.
- A player may redesignate their homeworld no more than once every 2 weeks.
- A player must cancel their initial homeworld before designating a new one. To cancel an initial homeworld a player would type the command (/cancelhomeworld) while in the homeworlds Biodome.
- If a player’s homeworld is captured they must wait at least one week before designating another homeworld.
Requirements - Unity *(must be maintained as long as the colony remains a homeworld or the colonies status as homeworld is lost)
- Completion of all structures
- Zounds

Benefits of a homeworld:
New construction options - Biodome 4*(details at end of post), refinery 4*(details at end of post)
Additional defenses - turret max increased from 125 to 175
Bonuses - morale
- Treasury limit increased from 10 to 50 million credits.

Loss of homeworld status: through capture or cancellation
General - turret max will drop back to 125 and all additional turrets will be automatically transferred to the weapons factory, if there is not enough room in the weapons factory the overflow will be lost.
- treasury limit will drop back to 10 million and the overflow will awarded to the personal treasury of the invader(invasion) or the owner(cancellation). However, credits awarded this way may not cause the players personal treasury to exceed the 100 million credit limit(if this is the case all overflow will be lost).
- Biodome 4 and refinery 4 are destroyed along with their contents.
- colony no longer receives the additional morale bonus.
Capture - upon capture of a homeworld, the owner will lose on average 1/4 of their total experience. Their reputation will also be reduced by approximately 1/4 of their total reputation score. The invader will receive bonus experience for the successful invasion equal to that lost by the owner, and the reputation loss for the successful invasion will be doubled.
Cancellation – upon cancellation of a homeworld, the owner’s reputation will be lowered an amount which is determined by how many colonists are lost in the destruction of Biodome 4 and the amount of time the colony has maintained homeworld status. (reputation loss equals the number of colonists lost multiplied by the number of weeks the colony maintained homeworld status)

Biodome 4
- increases population max from 25,000 to 50,000 (this also affects everything else that is normally associated with population increase i.e. pollution, reproduction, etc.)
- increases the effective military personnel max from 2,500 to 4,000 thus increasing the potential power of the solar cannon. CONFUSED ME

Refinery 4
- does not increase resource production rate per colonist
- allows the removal of a disaster at a cost of 50 million credits and 500 warp fuel.
bold is a EDIT[/b]