Navy Field

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

Faint

Navy Field

Post by Faint » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:18 am

anyone play it? its only 550mb game or so...and it runs on any computer..its pretty fun too...historically accurate ships and all.

JesusRocks765

Re: Navy Field

Post by JesusRocks765 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:51 am

sounds fun, is it downloadable mmo or PC-CD Game?

avitohol

Post by avitohol » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:51 am

Used to. But it becomes a mega grind. And you need to invest cash for premium at later levels. Basically its a Korean grind fest.

Took crimson a year to get a Queen Victoria on the EU servers. Took me like 5 months to get a Lion 2.

Us servers seem to be more dumbed down, and offer premium services for free if your active enough,

Faint

Post by Faint » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:05 pm

yeah i played last year christmas event..and now im playing this one this year...i got a Guam battlecruiser i havnt even made it up to a decent BB yet..if anyone wants to play let me know.

and Jesusrocks its a free dl game...the funnest part is blitzkreig imo..but to get epic u need to have no life...im seeing much of this these days. lol

Woots

Post by Woots » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:13 am

I dunno, NFNA is pretty much dying atm, and I mostly play WoT instead of NF now.
Grinding takes about forever, and seriously, starting off is probably the hardest part. BB 1-3 basically get raped by every other BB, and the only real option is to AA. CVs are retarded and you can't do BBQ if you don't have the best people money can buy.

Oh yeah, can't wait for WoB to come out, though that's in a least 6 months - 1 year.

Faint

Post by Faint » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:57 pm

NF2 screenshots were posted on forums recently..and its looking really dam good. seriously if anyone wants to play let me know i allready got a few ppl playing..and its not hard at all to level up with premium ;D

avitohol

Post by avitohol » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:31 pm

Yeah navyfield can be fun,. Done a few harbour tiles. But its a mega grind, Just get the old republic :)

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:09 pm

avitohol wrote:Yeah navyfield can be fun,. Done a few harbour tiles. But its a mega grind, Just get the old republic :)

Been thinking about modern MMORPG's. I dont like the style SWTOR or WoW. I guess its just because its always the same. You fight creatures, explore a world and sell stuff to kill creatures faster. Thats pretty much how all quests work in most MMORPG. I guess thats why I like SGE, SGE is more MMORTS than MMORPG.

Faint

Post by Faint » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:52 pm

in NF i use strategy..i dont look at it as a grind..well i try not to...i spent alot of $ on NF allready i got a premium BB sevas and im working on usa CV's right now..i like it for now..i will quit eventually im sure :p...and iv met some friends form Star sonata who also play NF..so you know its all good..im popular in multi games ;D

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:42 am

Mel'Kaven wrote:
avitohol wrote:Yeah navyfield can be fun,. Done a few harbour tiles. But its a mega grind, Just get the old republic :)

Been thinking about modern MMORPG's. I dont like the style SWTOR or WoW. I guess its just because its always the same. You fight creatures, explore a world and sell stuff to kill creatures faster. Thats pretty much how all quests work in most MMORPG. I guess thats why I like SGE, SGE is more MMORTS than MMORPG.
SGE Would be more MORTS, its not Massive.

I like rts games and stuff, so Navy Field sounds fun.

I have World of Tanks if anyone wants to platoon with me.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:43 am

age of mythology, best rts in all of time.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:48 am

anyone have AOE3?

I have Civ4, and I know some of you guys do since you have the icon in your screenshots sometimes :D

I like those 2 games :)

avitohol

Post by avitohol » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:00 am

Heroes of might and magic 3 FTW.

My advice for navyfield is to abuse the party weekends for vet conversion. Also for experts, there's a small trick with the AA mission. But thats a raw grind.

Make sure all your sailors have the best stats. Might be annoying at first but it equates pretty heavily later on.

Finally for those starting out, they should choose either the Royal Navy prince of wales line. Or go the USN Baltimore/ South Dakota line. Don't bother with the japanese and the germans, you need experience for that. The british offer durability and the us offer very fast reload times and ALOT of guns.