For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

RiveraK2

Return of RK2!

Post by RiveraK2 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:01 pm

Hey everyone!

I'm finally back and playing Starport! Its been a while since I last played;
since 2008 I think. I just want to say hi to everyone, and hopefully I'll see
some of my old friends on the new Golden Age.

Take care everyone!,
RK2

JesusRocks765

Re: Return of RK2!

Post by JesusRocks765 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:18 pm

Welcome :D

unfortunately SGE has deteriorated lots from when you were around.

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:53 pm

Dont listen to JesusRocks, hes just a classic example of the pathetic new trash of SGE that found out that games have forums.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:42 am

Mel'Kaven wrote:Dont listen to JesusRocks, hes just a classic example of the pathetic new trash of SGE that found out that games have forums.
This is melkaven. the nerdy troll of SGE. Listen to whoever you want, dont let him close you to a good friend.

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:42 am

Mel'Kaven wrote:Dont listen to JesusRocks, hes just a classic example of the pathetic new trash of SGE that found out that games have forums.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:06 pm

gamanche wrote:

RiveraK2

Post by RiveraK2 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:45 pm

He can say what he wants. I don't think the game has gone sour at all. In fact, I noticed there have been very cool changes to it.
However, I still prefer the classic servers. I've seen website reviews where people have written that the game lacks better graphics,
sounds, etc. Those people are obviously not SGE experts, and I bet they haven't put the time in like many of us have in order to
understand that a game doesn't have to be completely new school to be good or fun. Starport takes us on a ride that we can
only dream about having in our lifetimes. This game is our escape from reality and into the ocean of space, and that's where
the real fun lies.

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:31 am

RiveraK2 wrote:
He can say what he wants. I don't think the game has gone sour at all. In fact, I noticed there have been very cool changes to it.
However, I still prefer the classic servers. I've seen website reviews where people have written that the game lacks better graphics,
sounds, etc. Those people are obviously not SGE experts, and I bet they haven't put the time in like many of us have in order to
understand that a game doesn't have to be completely new school to be good or fun. Starport takes us on a ride that we can
only dream about having in our lifetimes. This game is our escape from reality and into the ocean of space, and that's where
the real fun lies.
The deterioration people speak of has nothing to do with bad graphics or sounds. It has to do with the changes you think are cool. And I can see how as you were away from the game awhile, changes would interest you. However, facts are facts - and the fact of the matter is that most of the changes you find cool have caused players to quit and have not garnered any new recruits. The playerbase is growing thin.