House Centipede

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

User avatar
GRAWRG.
Posts: 939
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:27 pm

House Centipede

Post by GRAWRG. » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:50 am

I just saw one crawling up my wall :(

I've never been so scared of anything in my life. I freaked the hug out. Huge. Fast. 30-legged. MONSTER. This is only going to add to my "theres something in my sheets" paranoia...

I finally killed it with a lightsaber because I'm home alone and the alternative was letting it chill in my room. But jesus christ.

User avatar
Mel'Kaven
Posts: 2187
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:58 am
Location: Kittehville
Contact:

Re: House Centipede

Post by Mel'Kaven » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:57 am

I have a single question:

How did you go about making the lightsaber?


PS: watch those last 2 words, dont want Jesus trolling another thread.

User avatar
GRAWRG.
Posts: 939
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: House Centipede

Post by GRAWRG. » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:05 am

i gave up on excluding him from convos when he posted in my topics surveying american-only students, and getting chem help. if he's going to post in topics where he 100% doesnt belong, theres no doubt he'll post here regardless of my swearing.

User avatar
WeGotDeathStar
Posts: 918
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:45 am
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Re: House Centipede

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:10 am

Ok, you have a lot of creepy thing in your house. Go to the store and get a gallon of Ortho Home Defense. Follow instructions and spray the outside foundation of the house and the inside if you don't have animals.

Also if you have food all over the floors it's time to do some housecleaning and clean up. Bugs won't go into a house where there is no food crumbs.



Since you are 18 now I will gladly come over and help you clean it all up but i will require some sort of restitution :roll: :roll: :roll:


Also make sure to wash at least once a day

User avatar
GRAWRG.
Posts: 939
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: House Centipede

Post by GRAWRG. » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:18 am

im still not willing to pay for stuff, lol.

the other stuff isnt a problem. im still not 18. and at no point would i be crazy enough to invite you over.

but thanks for the suggestion!

User avatar
Mel'Kaven
Posts: 2187
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:58 am
Location: Kittehville
Contact:

Re: House Centipede

Post by Mel'Kaven » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:20 am

you have yet to answer my question GRAWRG:


HOW DID YOU MAKE THE LIGHTSABER?!?!!?

User avatar
JuliusCaesar
Posts: 1581
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 9:23 pm
Location: Middle of nj, usa

Re: House Centipede

Post by JuliusCaesar » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:21 am

Oh boy I despise these little fuckers. They live in my basement and every now and then you will see em on the walls of the steps, bedrooms, in my bathroom, or in the cabinets >.>

I've become quite adept at hunting them, they declared war early in October, it was 6:15 am during my morning shower...

In a nutshell, I saw one in the edge between the wall and ceiling of my bathroom, past the vent, closer to the door than the top of the shower. Being half asleep i decided to ignore it and shower. But as I stood there with the hot water poaring in and the steam rising, I noticed the illegitimate child scurrying over to the shower top, on and off, stopping and going. A little bit of observation and I realized that it was attracted to the steam. Well, poor dude just wants some heat, but if he passes the vent I'm flushing him (down the toilet >:O). Of course, he tried to pass the vent. NOPE. I hop out get some toilet paper and when i try the crush-n-flush, he falls into the shower ;-;

So me and him chase around each other for a short time, eventually I smush him and clean him up. yey.

User avatar
Mel'Kaven
Posts: 2187
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:58 am
Location: Kittehville
Contact:

Re: House Centipede

Post by Mel'Kaven » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:37 am

JuliusCaesar wrote:Oh boy I despise these little fuckers. They live in my basement and every now and then you will see em on the walls of the steps, bedrooms, in my bathroom, or in the cabinets >.>

I've become quite adept at hunting them, they declared war early in October, it was 6:15 am during my morning shower...

In a nutshell, I saw one in the edge between the wall and ceiling of my bathroom, past the vent, closer to the door than the top of the shower. Being half asleep i decided to ignore it and shower. But as I stood there with the hot water poaring in and the steam rising, I noticed the illegitimate child scurrying over to the shower top, on and off, stopping and going. A little bit of observation and I realized that it was attracted to the steam. Well, poor dude just wants some heat, but if he passes the vent I'm flushing him (down the toilet >:O). Of course, he tried to pass the vent. NOPE. I hop out get some toilet paper and when i try the crush-n-flush, he falls into the shower ;-;

So me and him chase around each other for a short time, eventually I smush him and clean him up. yey.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
poor guy :cry:

User avatar
P-i-m-p
Posts: 1096
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:54 am
Location: Tellin Them Hoes What To Do

Re: House Centipede

Post by P-i-m-p » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:31 am

Mel'Kaven wrote:
JuliusCaesar wrote:Oh boy I despise these little fuckers. They live in my basement and every now and then you will see em on the walls of the steps, bedrooms, in my bathroom, or in the cabinets >.>

I've become quite adept at hunting them, they declared war early in October, it was 6:15 am during my morning shower...

In a nutshell, I saw one in the edge between the wall and ceiling of my bathroom, past the vent, closer to the door than the top of the shower. Being half asleep i decided to ignore it and shower. But as I stood there with the hot water poaring in and the steam rising, I noticed the illegitimate child scurrying over to the shower top, on and off, stopping and going. A little bit of observation and I realized that it was attracted to the steam. Well, poor dude just wants some heat, but if he passes the vent I'm flushing him (down the toilet >:O). Of course, he tried to pass the vent. NOPE. I hop out get some toilet paper and when i try the crush-n-flush, he falls into the shower ;-;

So me and him chase around each other for a short time, eventually I smush him and clean him up. yey.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
poor guy :cry:

User avatar
GRAWRG.
Posts: 939
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: House Centipede

Post by GRAWRG. » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:04 pm

it's just scary. i dont know why im so scared of it. i want to blame the legs. but im not afraid of normal centipedes. millipedes are kinda gross... but not scary.

i think it's the legs + the way it moves + speed. with normal centipedes, they move their legs smoothly. it's like rolling. and they're a lot smaller. but this hugger had 30 long legs and practically ran.

anyway, yeah. it would suck to run into one in the shower. mainly because my freakout time would subtract from my 15 minutes of hot water. life sucks.

User avatar
Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion
Posts: 933
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:40 pm

Re: House Centipede

Post by Saber-Fury » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:41 pm

At least it's not this kind of centipede

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okZZca4EfAQ

User avatar
JuliusCaesar
Posts: 1581
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 9:23 pm
Location: Middle of nj, usa

Re: House Centipede

Post by JuliusCaesar » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:42 pm

That, plus they tend to suprise me when I find them in the house, oh and they jump.

User avatar
GRAWRG.
Posts: 939
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: House Centipede

Post by GRAWRG. » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:56 am

doesnt surprise me that they jump. they've got long bent legs. but i didnt know they could. blech.

User avatar
WeGotDeathStar
Posts: 918
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:45 am
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Re: House Centipede

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:20 am

GRAWRG. wrote:im still not willing to pay for stuff, lol.

the other stuff isnt a problem. im still not 18. and at no point would i be crazy enough to invite you over.

but thanks for the suggestion!

I'm outside your window typing this on my android.............. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

User avatar
Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion
Posts: 933
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:40 pm

Re: House Centipede

Post by Saber-Fury » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:16 pm

WeGotDeathStar wrote:
GRAWRG. wrote:im still not willing to pay for stuff, lol.

the other stuff isnt a problem. im still not 18. and at no point would i be crazy enough to invite you over.

but thanks for the suggestion!

I'm outside your window typing this on my android.............. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
so thats who was in my usual spot

User avatar
JuliusCaesar
Posts: 1581
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 9:23 pm
Location: Middle of nj, usa

Re: House Centipede

Post by JuliusCaesar » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:32 am

I'm confused. I always thought it was grawrg, being chased by toth, chasing PJ, but now it turns out she has a different bf, and now PJ is going after grawrg? wat

gotta make your moves bros and brofinas.

User avatar
Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion
Posts: 933
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:40 pm

Re: House Centipede

Post by Saber-Fury » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:26 pm

JuliusCaesar wrote:I'm confused. I always thought it was grawrg, being chased by toth, chasing PJ, but now it turns out she has a different bf, and now PJ is going after grawrg? wat

gotta make your moves bros and brofinas.
you might as well stop guessing before you confuse yourself any further :shock:

User avatar
ygvbBubblez
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:49 pm
Location: Most probably in front of my computer.

Re: House Centipede

Post by ygvbBubblez » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:58 am

I had a pic of a bug with a bunch of legs I took... must've deleted it.

I did find this pic though (since were kinda on the topic of gross stuff I think I'll post it)...

Image

and yes, I took it (and yes, that mouse was alive).
I had to kill it because all our cat did was sniff it when he got close enough.

User avatar
Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion
Posts: 933
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:40 pm

Re: House Centipede

Post by Saber-Fury » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:44 am

ygvbBubblez wrote:I had a pic of a bug with a bunch of legs I took... must've deleted it.

I did find this pic though (since were kinda on the topic of gross stuff I think I'll post it)...

Image

and yes, I took it (and yes, that mouse was alive).
I had to kill it because all our cat did was sniff it when he got close enough.
dude your name + posting in 5 topics = i thought you were a bot :shock:

User avatar
GRAWRG.
Posts: 939
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: House Centipede

Post by GRAWRG. » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:49 pm

lol.

and MEANIE. what a cute little mouse. with its big eyes and ears. you could have just stuck it outside 0.o

or perhaps cleaned up your house.

and you're making things weird and complicated JC. theres just toth the psycho... and everything else is normal. no chasing or being chased 0.o

User avatar
BardockSGE
Posts: 1122
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:07 am
Location: Noob from Boundless Sea.

Re: House Centipede

Post by BardockSGE » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:22 am

GRAWRG. wrote:lol.

and MEANIE. what a cute little mouse. with its big eyes and ears. you could have just stuck it outside 0.o

or perhaps cleaned up your house.

and you're making things weird and complicated JC. theres just toth the psycho... and everything else is normal. no chasing or being chased 0.o
Ah ha! So that is what you see in Ozzy!

User avatar
JuliusCaesar
Posts: 1581
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 9:23 pm
Location: Middle of nj, usa

Re: House Centipede

Post by JuliusCaesar » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:36 am

:lol:
Image

User avatar
ygvbBubblez
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:49 pm
Location: Most probably in front of my computer.

Re: House Centipede

Post by ygvbBubblez » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:44 pm

GRAWRG. wrote:lol.

and MEANIE. what a cute little mouse. with its big eyes and ears. you could have just stuck it outside 0.o

or perhaps cleaned up your house.
Yeah, he was a cute little mouse, but putting him outside would be a bit more complicated, and I don't want to get bitten, especially if it had some sort of disease.

User avatar
GRAWRG.
Posts: 939
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: House Centipede

Post by GRAWRG. » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:16 pm

fair enough.

and i dont see anything in ozzy. though it was still a good joke.

User avatar
gamanche
Posts: 1319
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:25 am
Location: a-c-e

Re: House Centipede

Post by gamanche » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:03 am

jc that pic was fabulous! [Insert Rainbow Here]

duece
Posts: 2117
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:39 am

Re: House Centipede

Post by duece » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:06 am

I had a similar experience with a cockroach. I salute you comrade JC.

My story, there's a small crack in the wall of my shower so I'm not entirely unaccustomed to surprise bugs, but it's always just ants. And after spraying it a year ago they were gone and I'd never have to deal with them again, or so I thought. So I got in the shower and turn on the spray, and 5 minutes in a big hugging cockroach runs out of the crack. It hugging charged me, the ants usually scatter when I show up, but this hugging thing mounted an assault. Needless to say I screamed like a little girl. Something about my commotion made it turn and run, but not back into a crack, now it settled into a corner of the tub and stopped moving. I realized the tub was too steep and slippery for it to leave, but it was also trying desperately to avoid the water. Being my peaceful (scared like a I love you man!) self, I figure I'm almost done, I'll just finish up and be on my merry way. But after a little while a small amount of water hit the roach and it went hugging I love puppies. It ran back and forth then tried to run up the side of the bathtub, of course he failed but on his way down he flipped onto his back and got stuck. I still remember his nasty little claws/feet flailing while I had a clear view of his underbelly.

My heart was pounding (again like a little I love you man!) while I just stared at him, and then.. he started sliding. He slid a little closer to me, then a current of water from the shower spray got him and carried him all the way (past me) to the drain where he finally stopped. After all that he's still stuck on his back, but now his head is submerged in water. He was flailing out of control at first but then he slowed down and finally stopped. He hugging drowned, I thought roaches could survive days under water, but this retard committed suicide right in front of me. I finished up my shower with him there, and afterwards I got the toilet paper and crushed that hugger up. It turned out he wasn't dead because he started flailing after I crushed him, but the ordeal was over and I lived to tell the tale.

User avatar
Major
Posts: 1100
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:26 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: House Centipede

Post by Major » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:47 am

duece wrote:I had a similar experience with a cockroach. I salute you comrade JC.

My story, there's a small crack in the wall of my shower so I'm not entirely unaccustomed to surprise bugs, but it's always just ants. And after spraying it a year ago they were gone and I'd never have to deal with them again, or so I thought. So I got in the shower and turn on the spray, and 5 minutes in a big hugging cockroach runs out of the crack. It hugging charged me, the ants usually scatter when I show up, but this hugging thing mounted an assault. Needless to say I screamed like a little girl. Something about my commotion made it turn and run, but not back into a crack, now it settled into a corner of the tub and stopped moving. I realized the tub was too steep and slippery for it to leave, but it was also trying desperately to avoid the water. Being my peaceful (scared like a I love you man!) self, I figure I'm almost done, I'll just finish up and be on my merry way. But after a little while a small amount of water hit the roach and it went hugging I love puppies. It ran back and forth then tried to run up the side of the bathtub, of course he failed but on his way down he flipped onto his back and got stuck. I still remember his nasty little claws/feet flailing while I had a clear view of his underbelly.

My heart was pounding (again like a little I love you man!) while I just stared at him, and then.. he started sliding. He slid a little closer to me, then a current of water from the shower spray got him and carried him all the way (past me) to the drain where he finally stopped. After all that he's still stuck on his back, but now his head is submerged in water. He was flailing out of control at first but then he slowed down and finally stopped. He hugging drowned, I thought roaches could survive days under water, but this retard committed suicide right in front of me. I finished up my shower with him there, and afterwards I got the toilet paper and crushed that hugger up. It turned out he wasn't dead because he started flailing after I crushed him, but the ordeal was over and I lived to tell the tale.
"Is the sense of tragedy palpable?" "Yes, you can almost feel it"

Awesome story Duece. Post of the year nominee? Time will tell.

User avatar
ygvbBubblez
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:49 pm
Location: Most probably in front of my computer.

Re: House Centipede

Post by ygvbBubblez » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:41 pm

Wow, duece, nice post! I remember the cockroaches in Texas, they weren't all that bad... dispatched some with my whip :D ... they were huge bugs. What would really frighten me is a big tarantula or something like that, don't like spiders.

0zzy
Posts: 926
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:32 pm
Location: P1, 11th, a new hope, BR, DF, P3, Pegasus Cluster, your mothers room.

Re: House Centipede

Post by 0zzy » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:48 am

GRAWRG. wrote:I just saw one crawling up my wall :(

I've never been so scared of anything in my life. I freaked the hug out. Huge. Fast. 30-legged. MONSTER. This is only going to add to my "theres something in my sheets" paranoia...

I finally killed it with a lightsaber because I'm home alone and the alternative was letting it chill in my room. But jesus christ.
:lol:

This happened to me once when I was smoking bud with a few friends, I thought I was hallucinating! They're CREEPY FUCKERS.

I burnt it.

User avatar
Faint
Posts: 345
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:24 pm
Location: USA,west palm beach FL

Re: House Centipede

Post by Faint » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:54 am

i live next to woods in florida..so its got alot of bugs...when it rains these flying palmetto bugs come into my house..not a small normal roach they are big and they fly and they eat other roaches. I havnt seen any in a long time they dont hug with me anymore i am a true soldier. I actually have allies aswell..huge color changing geckos that take them out at night. So yea i relate with this topic very well i have been in some pretty intense fights very few have escaped. btw anyone ever seen Starship troopers since were talking about bugs.

Post Reply