House Centipede

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

ygvbBubblez

Re: House Centipede

Post by ygvbBubblez » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:34 am

Oh, you all talking about this:
Either me or my bro took this picture, can't remember :( .
I found the picture I thought I might have deleted (good thing I didn't :D) , for you all to enjoy of course! :lol:

Voltage

Post by Voltage » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:49 am

Woah, thats a creepy bug

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:13 am

yeah, and it's fast as a motherfucker.

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:06 am

Hmm, not quite as creepy and cringe-worthy, but has anyone ever encountered a Chiqueda? (Chic-way-da)

Holy f*ck, trying to get rid of it's a nightmare and trying to find it in the first place is even worse ^^

omlow

Post by omlow » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:13 am

try standing on it. works for most non-flying insects. for me atleast.

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:45 am

omlow wrote:try standing on it. works for most non-flying insects. for me atleast.
Get yer donkey back on GA so i can abuse you.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:55 am

omlow wrote:try standing on it. works for most non-flying insects. for me atleast.
It works for me too :D

Luna

Post by Luna » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:29 am

I hate spiders. If it's big enough to make a crunch sound if you kill it then I grab the vacuume and suck it up and throw away the bag. I hate how they show up all ninja style and you ALWAYS see just a tiny glimpse of them right before you shut off your light to go to sleep. Then you turn on the light...thinking WTF was that?" You think on it a moment and SWOOSH it runs like an allstar across the floor and under something you can't see under. You're screwed now. You KNOW you aren't going to sleep with that hideous thing in your room. You spend the next hour looking behind things while it sits comfortable somewhere watching you search in vain. Eventually you give up and reluctantly go to sleep, where you dream of things crawling on you all night long. Days go by and you forget about your new roommate, the one with the hairy body, and the extra legs. Just when you've totally forgotten about what happend it will show up again. :lol:

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:20 am

While we're posting insect stories, I have to share my hatred of ants... the most annoying animal created.
So you leave your house for a few days, and if you left any food out, then you may have a problem. You come back, and a few ants are crawling on the food.
You throw it out and hope the ants stay away, but within a week every time you leave out food they swarm to it.

And it only gets worse.

A few weeks in and the ants are really getting desperate, they get into your food cabinents and crawl into anything that isn't airtight, causing you to throw loads of oterwise good food away.
Finally, you get tired of the problem, you go to the store and buy the best ant-killing spray there is.
You feel in control, and are reassured by the "keeps killing ants for up to 999 weeks" on the bottle, so you lay down your barrier. I even sprayed ants directly with it, and you know what happened? They crawled in it. No instant death, no species extincting and virus, they crawl right through it and barely die. Once the crap dries, they run through your "barrier" freely and since didn't work.

My Only solution, I finally found was highly concentrated ant spray foggers, wonderful devices that you set off, leave your house for a few hours, and come back to find the ant population severely diminished. It works great and keeps their popultion low enough so that you can take your cereal and sugar out of the refrigerator.

And thus I conclude my insect story about the most annoying of Insects

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:01 pm

ants arent scary though. unless you're dangling above a huge pool of fire ants. then they're scary.

Faint

Post by Faint » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:48 am

ygvbBubblez wrote:Oh, you all talking about this:
If i saw one of these id pull off all the legs and watch it sit there do nothing.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:46 pm

GRAWRG. wrote:ants arent scary though. unless you're dangling above a huge pool of fire ants. then they're scary.
I know, but they are very annoying.

Voltage

Post by Voltage » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:52 am

Faint wrote:
ygvbBubblez wrote:Oh, you all talking about this:
If i saw one of these id pull off all the legs and watch it sit there do nothing.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:42 pm

JesusRocks765 wrote:While we're posting insect stories, I have to share my hatred of ants... the most annoying animal created.
So you leave your house for a few days, and if you left any food out, then you may have a problem. You come back, and a few ants are crawling on the food.
You throw it out and hope the ants stay away, but within a week every time you leave out food they swarm to it.

And it only gets worse.

A few weeks in and the ants are really getting desperate, they get into your food cabinents and crawl into anything that isn't airtight, causing you to throw loads of oterwise good food away.
Finally, you get tired of the problem, you go to the store and buy the best ant-killing spray there is.
You feel in control, and are reassured by the "keeps killing ants for up to 999 weeks" on the bottle, so you lay down your barrier. I even sprayed ants directly with it, and you know what happened? They crawled in it. No instant death, no species extincting and virus, they crawl right through it and barely die. Once the crap dries, they run through your "barrier" freely and since didn't work.

My Only solution, I finally found was highly concentrated ant spray foggers, wonderful devices that you set off, leave your house for a few hours, and come back to find the ant population severely diminished. It works great and keeps their popultion low enough so that you can take your cereal and sugar out of the refrigerator.

And thus I conclude my insect story about the most annoying of Insects

Try cleaning your house once in a while. garbage cans belong outside with the insects, not filled with food under the sink. Common sense.

I find it hard to believe that a god fearing person like yourself would do harm to any of gods creatures.

I say live and let live, unless they are in your bed, on you, or sharing a meal with you. If I don't see bugs then that's fine by me.