Abortion & Christianity (it isn't what you think)

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

GRAWRG.

Re: Abortion & Christianity (it isn't what you think)

Post by GRAWRG. » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:07 pm

idk, probably, but idk what it is that could/would change my opinion. and i dont think i said my opinion was important. but it is important to ME.

no, you should have found it flattering.

avitohol

Post by avitohol » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:23 pm

Arguing logic with the illogical is pointless. And there is nothing to gain other than inflating both parties egos. The person dictating logic feels superior because he can prove the oppositions argument wrong. While the opposition are given a boost in the notion that they are defending their view.

I was an atheist in a christian school. Done all this before. And found it a waste of time.

Here's a few bullets for you though.

1. We are all in-breed. Two cases in the old testament point to this. First is Adam and Eve. Second it Noah's ark. This won't work on Jesusrules, since if he is a good catholic then he should have renounced the old testament in favour of the new.

2. Non of the gospels are written by any first hand sources. Even though those sources exist. Two forms are the gospel of peter and that of judus. But those were removed for whatever reasons when the bible was finalised at the First Council of Nicea.

3. If god is omnipotent and omniscient then is everything already defined by him. So acts of evil might lead to a greater good and so on. Again this argument can be bypassed by Catholics.

4. If God sent his only son, then what the hug are we.

5.How can there be only one correct book in the christian world?

List goes on, But again pointless to argue these points and very childish.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:31 pm

Besides, what's wrong with being religious?

avitohol

Post by avitohol » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:21 pm

MadAce wrote:Besides, what's wrong with being religious?

true enough

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:29 pm

avitohol wrote: 1. We are all in-breed. Two cases in the old testament point to this. First is Adam and Eve. Second it Noah's ark. This won't work on Jesusrules, since if he is a good catholic then he should have renounced the old testament in favour of the new.
No, we don't renounce it, we acknowledge it as part of our history and replace SOME of the rules with ones given by Jesus.

2. Non of the gospels are written by any first hand sources. Even though those sources exist. Two forms are the gospel of peter and that of judus. But those were removed for whatever reasons when the bible was finalised at the First Council of Nicea.
The Bible's writing and publication were both Guided by the Holy Spirit. You'd need faith to understand.

3. If god is omnipotent and omniscient then is everything already defined by him. So acts of evil might lead to a greater good and so on. Again this argument can be bypassed by Catholics.
You're right, this argument can be bypassed by Catholics because we believe in the concept of Free Will which God gave us. He created everything and can do anything he wants, and he wants us to make our own decisions.

We are the Creation of God, while not being his actual offspring, we are indebt to him and blessed by him, and called "Children of God" because the relationship is closest to a Child and his caring Father.

Where did you hear that? The Bible is correct, but so are MANY other books. That statement is so blatently incorrect that it needs no counter-argument.

There is nothing Childish about this at all, you athiests have nothing to lose and everything to gain if you become Christian.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:29 pm

avitohol wrote:
MadAce wrote:Besides, what's wrong with being religious?

true enough
This sums it up too.

avitohol

Post by avitohol » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:00 am

JesusRocks765 wrote:
avitohol wrote: 1. We are all in-breed. Two cases in the old testament point to this. First is Adam and Eve. Second it Noah's ark. This won't work on Jesusrules, since if he is a good catholic then he should have renounced the old testament in favour of the new.
No, we don't renounce it, we acknowledge it as part of our history and replace SOME of the rules with ones given by Jesus.

The Bible's writing and publication were both Guided by the Holy Spirit. You'd need faith to understand.

You're right, this argument can be bypassed by Catholics because we believe in the concept of Free Will which God gave us. He created everything and can do anything he wants, and he wants us to make our own decisions.

We are the Creation of God, while not being his actual offspring, we are indebt to him and blessed by him, and called "Children of God" because the relationship is closest to a Child and his caring Father.

Where did you hear that? The Bible is correct, but so are MANY other books. That statement is so blatently incorrect that it needs no counter-argument.

There is nothing Childish about this at all, you athiests have nothing to lose and everything to gain if you become Christian.
I'm no atheist. And I'm not being dragged into this.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:25 am

Oh you're not athiest :D

Good Job Friend :D

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:48 am

There isn't anything wrong with being religious, only forcing that on someone else.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:27 am

JuliusCaesar wrote:There isn't anything wrong with being religious, only forcing that on someone else.
Im not forcing anything, Im giving people the facts of my Religion and hoping they will respect it or even join it :D

avitohol

Post by avitohol » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:04 pm

See the problem with religious fanaticism is that people take it too seriously. Instead of ignoring it. Or taking physical action when its enroaching on your own personal space.

Here's a cool oxymoron

A Chrstian Republican!!!!

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:08 pm

cramming your religion into a conversation at any possible opportunity is forcing. and it's exactly what you do.

also, telling people they're going to hell when they dont share your religious beliefs is equally dickish.

i believe that religion serves an important purpose in a lot of people lives. i dont object to it. what i do object to is people trying to shove their beliefs down my throat. so dont do it.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:04 pm

GRAWRG. wrote:cramming your religion into a conversation at any possible opportunity is forcing. and it's exactly what you do.

also, telling people they're going to hell when they dont share your religious beliefs is equally dickish.

i believe that religion serves an important purpose in a lot of people lives. i dont object to it. what i do object to is people trying to shove their beliefs down my throat. so dont do it.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:43 pm

GRAWRG. wrote:cramming your religion into a conversation at any possible opportunity is forcing. and it's exactly what you do.

I believe all that and Im letting you know, if you don't believe it then why do you care?

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:02 am

It offends me because my penis sliding in an out of his chia pet. His moaning turning me on more and more as i hug him hard from behind.

if i responded to everything you say with a pathetically incorporated excerpt of gay sex story, would you mind?

my point: because it's not appropriate.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:22 am

:lol:

nine-breaker

Post by nine-breaker » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:38 pm

To clarify this, chia pet is toonces replacement for äss höle. She is not sliding her penis in and out of a chia pet...

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:19 pm

GRAWRG. wrote:It offends me because my penis sliding in an out of his chia pet. His moaning turning me on more and more as i hug him hard from behind.

if i responded to everything you say with a pathetically incorporated excerpt of gay sex story, would you mind?

my point: because it's not appropriate.
So you're a gay guy? I knew there was something wrong with you.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:07 pm

Way to totally miss the point. We all hate you btw.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:47 pm

JuliusCaesar wrote:We all hate you btw.
Grow up.

Voltage

Post by Voltage » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:01 am

JuliusCaesar wrote:Way to totally miss the point. We all hate you btw.
I hope you act stupid, otherwise I'm kinda scared what the world is coming to :shock:

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:38 am

MadAce wrote:
Grow up.
You spend your time trolling an internet-spaceship-game forum. Right back at ya!

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:39 pm

JuliusCaesar wrote:
MadAce wrote:
Grow up.
You spend your time trolling an internet-spaceship-game forum. Right back at ya!
Ad Hominem To Quoque, buddy.

BTW, that was a pretty childish response.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:03 pm

That wasn't an argument. That was a fact. You are a self aggrandizing jerk with little else to suppprt himself besides perceived self importance on an internet spaceships forum. There is no argument to have fallacies at this point.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:23 pm

JuliusCaesar wrote:I already know I am childish. I am 17. You are childish as well. You use ad hominems as well. You are not holier than thou. The fact that you are a hypocrite in this regard completely invalidates your arguments based on inherent superiority. You are an a$$face. Simple enough for you?
Dude, stop saying "you do it too!" as a rebuttal to me explaining you're guilty of ad hominem to quoque. First look up what it is, because you're kinda making a fool out of yourself. And if you have looked it up, and understand it... Dude...

This isn't a matter of superiority or age. You are behaving like a child. A child much, much younger than 17.

So please shut up if you are unable to contribute constructively to the discussion. You're not only doing everyone a favor, but also yourself. If there's one thing worse than being a fool then it's advertising you are a fool.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:45 pm

I'm starting to think you are as talented as JR in missing the point or in being hardheaded... It isn't really worth the trouble to find out at this point is it though. HF on your forum.

SiN

Post by SiN » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:13 am

I'm amazed that people constantly argue with JR because either he's a complete troll and nothing you say will ever get to him because his entire point of posting is to irritate those who are apparently irritated by the nature of his posts, or he believes what he says which also means nothing you say will alter his opinion.

Same goes for MadAce in order for most of you to actually argue with MadAce, you would have to do some legitimate research and improve your vocabularies immensely at which point the argument would no longer be an argument, it would be an actual Educated Discussion. The result would still likely feel you're banging your head against a brick wall because he's far more experienced than most people at discussing/debating based on the quality of his posts.

If you have something to say people either say it and ignore whoever posts that irritates you guys because you'll never win or don't say it and just ignore these sorts of conversations entirely.

Hats off to JR and MadAce for continuing to irritate people on this forum, you think they'd have learned by now.

omlow

Post by omlow » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:25 am

SiN wrote:Hats off to JR and MadAce for continuing to irritate people on this forum, you think they'd have learned by now.
QFT

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:00 am

SiN wrote:Hats off to JR and MadAce for continuing to irritate people on this forum, you think they'd have learned by now.
who the Hell are you?

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:43 am

JesusRocks765 wrote:
who the Hell are you?
Love how JR doesn't know anyone beyond his skill range, lawl.