Controversial Project Topic?

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

GRAWRG.

Controversial Project Topic?

Post by GRAWRG. » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:10 am

this should be easier than it's turning out to be. i need a topic to do a paper and project and stuff about. controversial, and interesting. interesting to me, that is.

and preferably something EASY to research. like, something i can find info on in journals/books/etc.

thanks!

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Re: Controversial Project Topic?

Post by Saber-Fury » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:13 am

international law vs. federal law vs. state law... which takes precedent?

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:20 am

feel free to submit more than one idea.

and blech pj... too much running through mazes of laws would be required, and it isnt something i feel strongly about. if im bored i'll never get the project done o.o

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:12 am

Just look through our Religious debate threads :D

Lots of good stuff around these forums, we got Capitalism vs communism, One world government, and Religion vs athiesm.

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:00 am

come on SGE. i know you're bursting with opinions. throw some at me for once o.o

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:14 am

i think im going to do the pledge in schools...

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:26 am

reddit.com/r/atheism will have many posts regarding just that topic.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:47 am

I know an awesome one. Easily as controversial as you can get without defending pedophilia.
Talk about the downsides of democracy (including republics, of course).

Oh and r/atheism is one of the sickest, most depressing and horrifyingly stupid places on the internet. If there's one thing that manages to make me fear for the guture of the species, it's r/atheism.

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:33 pm

something that you feel strongly about... having to wear pants in public?

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:55 pm

MadAce wrote:Oh and r/atheism is one of the sickest, most depressing and horrifyingly stupid places on the internet. If there's one thing that manages to make me fear for the guture of the species, it's r/atheism.
I couldn't agree more, thank God for Relgion! :D

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:23 pm

JesusRocks765 wrote:
MadAce wrote:Oh and r/atheism is one of the sickest, most depressing and horrifyingly stupid places on the internet. If there's one thing that manages to make me fear for the guture of the species, it's r/atheism.
I couldn't agree more, thank God for Relgion! :D
That's truly not what I'm saying.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:27 pm

well I completely agree with your statement at least.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:05 pm

lol good thing i dont care

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:26 pm

what i envisioned was an egotistical chimp drinking tea with a fly buzzing around it's head. but oddly enough i couldn't find a pic of an egotistical chimp drinking tea. so this is what i ended up with.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:55 pm

GRAWRG. wrote: what i envisioned was an egotistical chimp drinking tea with a fly buzzing around it's head. but oddly enough i couldn't find a pic of an egotistical chimp drinking tea. so this is what i ended up with.
I gave you the best idea and this is how you thank me? I'm genuinely hurt. :(

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:57 pm

:lol:

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:19 pm

wasnt an insult. at least, i dont think you would consider it an insult.

and i wouldn't be passionate enough about the democracy topic. im passionate about the pledge in schools because i really dont like being forced to stand in the morning. or at all really.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:35 pm

I'm dead tired first and second periods (homeroom is between then), and I'd rather just sit and sleep through it too. Meh, I just don't think its worth the trouble it may cause. Plus, I know enough in physics to sleep through the second lab period when we go over stuff anyway 8)

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:45 pm

i didnt know i was allowed to sit. i mean, ive done it before.. but then the teachers always tell you to stand up. and if you dont stand up then, then you can get written up for insubordination. if id have known though, i wouldnt have gotten up. it started as me being lazy... but i really have a problem with being told what to do. wtf kind of BBQ am i if i let myself be forced to stand and say "with liberty and justice for all". if im allowed to burn the flag outside of school, i shouldnt be forced to stand for the pledge. theres just too much hypocrisy related to the pledge in schools.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:03 pm

I don't share your passion for this kind of thing, but hey that's what makes a good project, enjoy playing around with the topic. Best essay I've ever written was on "space ethics". I didn't prepare half a minute with the packet he gave us ahead of time, wrote the thing in 20 minutes. Got a sexy 9 on it (AP test grading scale, dude said he'd never given out a 9 in his whole teaching career). Writing it was like that first drink of water as you wake up with a sore throat and a dry mouth, half sweaty and half cold in a cacoon of blankets.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:37 pm

GRAWRG. wrote:Image

what i envisioned was an egotistical chimp drinking tea with a fly buzzing around it's head. but oddly enough i couldn't find a pic of an egotistical chimp drinking tea. so this is what i ended up with.
TO HEAVEN! :D

And JC falling off the boat :lol:

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:59 am

Lmfao you fuckwit I'm not in the picture. They are both Icarus, if you had any knowledge of the classics you'd realize that, and what the allusion implied.

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:13 am

awe be nice. the picture is more than mean enough, lol.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:16 am

I'm not a very nice person.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:18 am

Oh, I see it now, I knew it was icarus, but I didnt see the wings in the middle picture of the guy who tried to fly to the sun and not to Heaven iirc.

Anyways, we all know your not a nice person so yeah.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:54 am

JesusRocks765 wrote:but I didnt see the wings in the middle picture of the guy who tried to fly to the sun and not to Heaven
Lmfao you still don't understand the myth. You reference it but genuinely don't get it, or are chosing to ignore what it is about. Who the hug tries to fly to the sun? He flew too high and mighty and offended the gods on high, hence his death via melty wings. My wrathful tentacle-y god you're stupid.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:07 am

JuliusCaesar wrote:
JesusRocks765 wrote:but I didnt see the wings in the middle picture of the guy who tried to fly to the sun and not to Heaven
Lmfao you still don't understand the myth. You reference it but genuinely don't get it, or are chosing to ignore what it is about. Who the hug tries to fly to the sun? He flew too high and mighty and offended the gods on high, hence his death via melty wings. My wrathful tentacle-y god you're stupid.
I am a servant of the Lord. I will preach what is right and just and I will defend the faith from slander of heathens like you. We know you desire eternal punishment, I dont care where you go but I won't follow you there. I dont closely study stories of idols, so of course I didn't get it.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:40 am

All i heard in that was; "I'm willfully ignorant because a really old book tells me to be, to ignore reason and critical thinking and observation, and a crowd of circle jerking nutjobs believes in it too." In any other context that would be a cause for shame, but because you can hide behind some undeserved veneer of respect and self righteousness, it doesn't appear as such to most people. But not to me or anyone else here mate, and the crowd of those unaffected by that can only grow. I suggest you pull your head out of your donkey before reality does it for you.

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:43 am

You should write about the justification of abortion. That has plenty of arguments for and against it. Perhaps you can ask MadAce about it and copy/paste his post. :P

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:45 am

JC, the community of evil has always been larger than that of Good, as it is in Hell - with many more people than there are in Heaven. "The path to hell is wide and popular, while the path to heaven narrow and steep." I will always follow the narrow path and I will go to heaven, I will feel bad for you as you realize you were wrong.

So continue to hate me, what do I care? Every athiest here hates me and in return I pray for them. Hopefully you wont go to hell as you are leaning towards.