Westboro Baptist Church

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

invaderzim

Westboro Baptist Church

Post by invaderzim » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:00 am

Who's heard of these guys?

Anyone know any good stories about them getting shut down?

Apparently they went down to Joplin, MO this weekend while Obama was there to protest the tornado aid being sent there because the victims had been marked for death by god or something. But some biker gang came and drove straight into them and cornered them so they couldn't do anything and had to go home xD

http://www.politicususa.com/en/bikers-westboro-baptist

MadAce

Re: Westboro Baptist Church

Post by MadAce » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:37 am

They get attention. Which they want. They are hated, which they want.

The best way to combat them is to either iognore them, or to love them.

Caia

Post by Caia » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:35 am

...or shoot them all.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:03 am

Caia wrote:...or shoot them all.
How about freedom of speech?

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:26 pm

MadAce wrote:They get attention. Which they want. They are hated, which they want.

we should all take a trip down to their church and begin giving out hugs to their members.

fight hate with love!

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:48 pm

Nobody messes with Anonymous on the internetzzzzz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZJwSjor4hM

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:50 pm

LordSturm wrote:
MadAce wrote:They get attention. Which they want. They are hated, which they want.

we should all take a trip down to their church and begin giving out hugs to their members.

fight hate with love!
In this case it might very well work.

Caia

Post by Caia » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:27 am

MadAce wrote:
Sure, they can have freedom of speech. And when someone else uses their freedom to bear arms, maybe they'll realize that the freedom of speech comes with a responsibility.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:39 am

Caia wrote:
MadAce wrote:
Sure, they can have freedom of speech. And when someone else uses their freedom to bear arms, maybe they'll realize that the freedom of speech comes with a responsibility.
The freedom to bear arms is not the freedom to murder someone.

Also, freedom of speech does not stop at the point where the things said disagree with your opinion.

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:28 am

The WBC is just a family of very good lawyers who have figured out that they can make a good living suing people that lose their cool and assault them, or otherwise break their constitutional rights.

Freedom of speech is the greatest part about the country, but it allows assholes to thrive in America because it's legal to be a complete bigoted jerk but it's not legal to punch the jerks in the face.

Caia

Post by Caia » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:46 pm

MadAce wrote:Also, freedom of speech does not stop at the point where the things said disagree with your opinion.
No, freedom of speech has very few limitations to it. And I'm happy about that. And along the same lines nothing stops people from peacefully protesting outside the Westboro Church while armed to the teeth. If some lunatic happens to start shooting, eh.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:42 pm

Caia wrote:
MadAce wrote:Also, freedom of speech does not stop at the point where the things said disagree with your opinion.
No, freedom of speech has very few limitations to it. And I'm happy about that. And along the same lines nothing stops people from peacefully protesting outside the Westboro Church while armed to the teeth. If some lunatic happens to start shooting, eh.
Your complete lack of actual morals is pretty obvious.

So in conclusion, you like freedom of speech. Unless someone says something you disagree with. Then you want them to get shot.

Got it.

invaderzim

Post by invaderzim » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:57 am

MadAce wrote:
Caia wrote:

So in conclusion, you like freedom of speech. Unless someone says something you disagree with. Then you want them to get shot.

Got it.
makes sense to me :roll:

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:06 pm

stories? well a few weeks back they went to some town in oklahoma i think it was to picket at some high ranking guys funeral. one of them was mouthing off at some gas station on the way and got beat up. when the cops showed up all the witnesses played ignorant. then on the day of the funeral everyone boxed in cars with kansas license plates, so they werent able to picket.

ftw.

id just like to add that the KKK counterprotesting is hilarious.

invaderzim

Post by invaderzim » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:12 pm

All I gotta say to that is at least the WBC has yet to lynch anyone.

It just goes to show that EVERYONE hates them

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:37 pm

invaderzim wrote:All I gotta say to that is at least the WBC has yet to lynch anyone.

It just goes to show that EVERYONE hates them
I don't hate them. I literally love them. If I ever see them in real life I'll attempt to hug them.

Caia

Post by Caia » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:31 am

MadAce wrote:
Caia wrote:

Got it.
No. I'd explain it further but being you're unable to piece together simple ideas, I'm unable to bring myself to your level of stupidity. That's ok though. Not everyone can be smart. Or even able to tie their shoelaces.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:30 pm

Caia wrote:
MadAce wrote:
Caia wrote:

Got it.
No. I'd explain it further but being you're unable to piece together simple ideas, I'm unable to bring myself to your level of stupidity. That's ok though. Not everyone can be smart. Or even able to tie their shoelaces.
The problem with your attempts at insulting me is, of course, that I'm pretty darn intelligent.

Next time attack my morals or something. Good luck.

Oh, and the shoelaces thingy was one too much. Better to have one that's a little more creative/extravagant than have one too many. Heed the advice, you're getting it from the master.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:24 am

GRAWRG. wrote:stories? well a few weeks back they went to some town in oklahoma i think it was to picket at some high ranking guys funeral. one of them was mouthing off at some gas station on the way and got beat up. when the cops showed up all the witnesses played ignorant. then on the day of the funeral everyone boxed in cars with kansas license plates, so they werent able to picket.

ftw.

id just like to add that the KKK counterprotesting is hilarious.
Do you reddit? or am i seeing.....REDD!!! but yea read that one in /r/politics

invaderzim

Post by invaderzim » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:16 am