really deep thinking questions.

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

omlow

Re: really deep thinking questions.

Post by omlow » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:01 am

because i can defeat religious crap with commonsense? how does that deserve obsceneties?

Prince.Arthas!

Post by Prince.Arthas! » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:35 am

Dr.Strangelove wrote:* Once you're in heaven, do you get stuck wearing the clothes you were buried in for eternity?
There is no god. Look at it scientifically. There is absolutely no proof whatsoever of the existence of a higher being. In fact in the bible, torah and koran, a lot of stories can probably find some truth in alien intervention. I'm not backing that theory, I'm just saying its a more credible one. Most religious teachings can be pulled apart by the innocent questions of a 6 year old child. The belief in a god is no only an insult to your own intelligence but also to our species. If I told you there was a Teapot on the other side of the sun but we cant see it would you believe it? Would you hand it down through generations and fight with non teapot believers over the issue? Does that sound silly? Well no more sillier than an imaginary friend who invented humans!

* Can you cry under water?
You have too much spare time. Find a hobby or a girlfriend or both.

* Would a fly without wings be called a walk?
You have too much spare time. Find a hobby or a girlfriend or both.

* If the funeral procession is at night, do folks drive with their lights off?
I'd imagine that would be illegal.

* Why do you need a driver's license to buy liquor, when you can't legally drink and drive?
So try-hard comedians can ask questions on forums.

* When companies ship styrofoam, what do they pack it in?
These questions are getting really gay.

* Can blind people see their dreams?
Why dont you put acid in your eyes and tell us?

How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered?
Wow, a half decent question. No idea mind, probably if the news announcer doesnt have to explain who the victim was or where they were from.

* When it rains, why don't sheep shrink?
Worst effect at comedy ever!

* If God is so powerful, why does evil exist?
Again with the god shite! Without religion, good people will still do good and bad people do bad. With religion, good people are driven to commit terrible acts in the name of their god. So your imaginary friend is evil when interpreted by atheists.

* If all roads lead to God, then why is it called good or bad?
WTF? All roads lead to Rome.... and I dont think they mean the Vatican.

While we're on the subject of religion I have a few question for believers. I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. As you know God's word is eternal and unchanging so all these questions still have relativeness today because to pick and choose would be hypocritical and selective.You cannot be selective with god.

When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15:19- 24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to England, but not Scotland. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Scots?

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)
HAHA good one dude wtf you do troll all day on these forums? these are for peopel wiht bored donkey stuff and want something to kill time with -.- go get laid more and let us real men BBQ noobs like u lmao

nine-breaker

Post by nine-breaker » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:41 am

I've said this before, I've posted the links before, so I'm not going to go deep into again.

Many stories from the bible, the quran, both norse and greek mythology, egyptian mythology, mayan/ aztec/ incan stories, and even stories of the Native Americans can be found, written in the stories of the ancient Sumarians, at least two thousand years before any of these civilizations came about. More people need to look into the truth behind these stories, instead of ignorant and convenient lies that twist modern religions today.

I always try to tell the people that are willing to listen that "religion is just a tool, used by the powerful, to have their bidding done"

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:06 am

May God have mercy on your Ignorant Athiest Souls.

Mensio

Post by Mensio » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:04 am

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:53 pm

http://img714.imageshack.us/i/loluaq.jpg/

dunno whats going on here. i dont want to sift through stupidity and madace's annoyingness. i just saw a funny religious pic and thought id add one i saw the other day.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:25 am

GRAWRG. wrote:http://img714.imageshack.us/i/loluaq.jpg/

dunno whats going on here. i dont want to sift through stupidity and madace's annoyingness. i just saw a funny religious pic and thought id add one i saw the other day.
I'm not annoying, I'm right.

Woops, my bad. That's the same as being annoying. ;-)

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:48 am

i was thinking more like arrogant. annoying was a more general, less insulting word though.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:54 pm

GRAWRG. wrote:i was thinking more like arrogant. annoying was a more general, less insulting word though.
Rightfully arrogant. You'd be arrogant too if you were me.

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:50 pm

MadAce wrote:
GRAWRG. wrote:i was thinking more like arrogant. annoying was a more general, less insulting word though.
a dumbass arrogant person would say the same thing.. + a spelling error probably.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:35 pm

GRAWRG. wrote:
MadAce wrote:
a dumbass arrogant person would say the same thing.. + a spelling error probably.
I often intentionally use spelling errors. No need to appear superhuman, now is there? Really, spelling errors

And indeed, a dumb-donkey arrogant person would say the same thing.

Difference is of course that I'm not one. I'm a brilliant arrogant person. Half the fun is people thinking I'm just arrogant and then they attempt to confront me. Hilarity ensues.

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:19 pm

you're the most annoying person ever. if no one liked me im sure over the years id have retained more useless information too.

Henry

Post by Henry » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:00 pm

GRAWRG. wrote:you're the most annoying person ever. if no one liked me im sure over the years id have retained more useless information too.
People like you?

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:54 am

GRAWRG. wrote:you're the most annoying person ever. if no one liked me im sure over the years id have retained more useless information too.
See? Hilarity.

Major

Post by Major » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:36 pm

what was this thread about?

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:36 pm

Major wrote:what was this thread about?
About really deep thinking.

That means it's about me.

Major

Post by Major » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:57 am

MadAce wrote:
Major wrote:what was this thread about?
About really deep thinking.

That means it's about me.
Oh, right!

Carry on.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:54 pm

Dave34 wrote:Here'sareallygoodquestion,whyisitthatwhenpeopledon'tusespacesit'sreallyfuckingannoying?
It's not annoying.

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:51 pm

because its more difficult to read xD

the better question is how come madace never shuts up?

tekkamanblade

Post by tekkamanblade » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:53 pm

* Once you're in heaven, do you get stuck wearing the clothes you were buried in for eternity?
why would you need clothes in heaven? clothes are about sheltering our frail bodies from harsh elements, immortal bodies in a perfect place wouldn't need that.

the entire rest of this thread isn't worthy of responding to.