Black Ops?

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

-PLAGUE-

Black Ops?

Post by -PLAGUE- » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:18 am

It's getting a lot of hype, I think that first person shooters for any console have gone as far as they can without being mediocre. I just don't think they could get any better than they are as it is without a bunch of stupid functions and futuristic weaponry of course. Everyone seems to be major hyped up about Black Ops so much so that someone in my class today actually got a referral for talking about it, apparently that's all anyone in school is talking about...even the girls.

Come on now it can't be that great..

Mensio

Re: Black Ops?

Post by Mensio » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:59 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pblj3JHF-Jo

it's Legen ...wait for it... Dary

Major

Post by Major » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:23 pm

Jimmy Kimmel AKA "pr0ud n00b".

awesomepebble

Post by awesomepebble » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:53 pm

black ops is awesome, i had it at midnite the day it came out :wink: :lol:

MuTAnT

Post by MuTAnT » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:05 am

I saved my money and got drunk instead.

-PLAGUE-

Post by -PLAGUE- » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:15 pm

MuTAnT wrote:I saved my money and got drunk instead.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chicboy

Post by Chicboy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:57 pm

I've got it and haven't played it much since the lag is a killer. The fps also stutters. These two problems = an unhappy gaming experience for me. Until they patch these things, if they can, rumour has it they are having difficulty because it's been supposedly ported from Xbox 360, i'm giving it a wide berth :evil:

mcdfatty

Post by mcdfatty » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:54 pm

Dave34 wrote:
Chicboy wrote:I've got it and haven't played it much since the lag is a killer. The fps also stutters. These two problems = an unhappy gaming experience for me. Until they patch these things, if they can, rumour has it they are having difficulty because it's been supposedly ported from Xbox 360, i'm giving it a wide berth :evil:
Save the game to the hard-drive if you can on PS3, that should fix fps problems and w/e but the lag is probably the internet connection or the game server, so thats probably the games fault.

Even if it does take up a lot of space to save a game to the hard-drive, its worth it because your disc's get less scratched and the games run smoother.
Or just play Starport Instead :mrgreen: lol

Major

Post by Major » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:31 pm

Shame infinityward was booted and treyarch giving the reins of the MW title.

Chicboy

Post by Chicboy » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:22 pm

Infinity Ward havent been booted yet. Sledgehammer have come in to eventually take over the IW side of COD since IW's employees have left and followed their old bosses to EA (Respawn).

It's a shame really since IW made the best COD titles. It was the players that abused the game/perks which gave it a bad name. Nothing like the crap that Treyarch are receiving atm though. Thats what happens when you sell your soul to Microsoft and ignore PC gamers and try to port an xbox made game to the much superior PS3 (flame?)

P.S

Major. Finally I can kill people online with you, about time!!!

Major

Post by Major » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:05 pm

Well I just got MW2 last week. I'm in the process of learning the maps and players behavior.

Luckily I got to ghost a drunken Scotsman today.

But how is everyone liking B.O.? I'm sure I won't get it till the new one is out and my brother in law lets me borrow his copy. :lol: :cry:

Major

Post by Major » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:58 pm

Randall wrote:Simply put, I like Treyarch and I dislike Infinity Ward. The maps on WaW and BO are much better than MW and MW2, they have made noobtubes much harder to get, in MW2 one of the default classes was a noobtube, and it was the first thing you unlocked for every assault rifle. In WaW, the rifle grenades were the last thing you unlocked, and in BO you need to alot more work to buy noobtubes. Maps, again, I liked.... um... no i dont think i like any of the MW2 maps... maybe afghan. I liked almost every single WaW map and i like the BO maps. The spawns could be fixed up in BO, but MW2 has the same problem. The nuke generally pissed everyone off, im glad thats gone, and im glad dogs are back.

The guns are balanced in BO like in WaW, hurray! I will curse the name of the UMP forever. The MP40 of WaW and the MP5k of BO are no where near as biased as the UMP. Plus zombies are back with much harder maps, (and with glitches ive already found) and theres also wager matches which are a nice change of pace. Combat training is also great for testing guns before you buy them in the main game, as well as attachments, reticles, etc. Its very easy to make money in combat training (firing range, go in the tower and set a tac inserion, you can get serious killstreaks doing that) so you can buy w/e gun you want to get in the main gameplay and test it out and get used to it, as well as bring it to your liking without having to waste time on your contracts or set your attachments wrong.

As far as lag goes, I dont think ive experianced a problem on any of the games that wasnt caused by my out dated router.
That is a breath of fresh air to hear as I haven't played BO and only heard things from family/friends to the contrary. Hopefully gamefly will hurry the heck up and ship me a copy before the next one is released.

Chicboy

Post by Chicboy » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:16 pm

Major wrote:Well I just got MW2 last week. I'm in the process of learning the maps and players behavior.
Luckily I got to ghost a drunken Scotsman today.
That was a good laugh from what I can remember. Next time get the mic on, it's more fun :wink: