What religion do you believe in? or non religion.

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

Caia

Re: What religion do you believe in? or non religion.

Post by Caia » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:43 am

Cloud1 wrote:I changed my views from being an atheist, to a spiritualist.
Good for you.
I don't want to believe when we die, we go to a black void.
Nothing says its anything else. At least not with any evidence.
I want to believe that we become spirit, and talk to our old family members, or even the first human.
Most people do. Most people also want to have a million dollars.
I think when we die there and then, our ( soul) spirit raises searching for a new body. ( aka rebirth).
Oh? Why? What led you to think this exactly?
people who are atheists have closed minds, they don't want to think outside of their current situation.
Irony. Gotta love it. I'm an atheist, but if you bring me evidence/proof, I'll believe. How is that more closed minded than outright saying everyone who doesn't agree with me is wrong (as most militant religious folks do)?
I believe that everyone should have their own morals instead of following the traditional religion morals.
Eben people like Charles Manson? He lived his life according to his personal moral code.
I wrote down many principles and Morels s of what I should believe, and righteousness
Ok.

vodkashot

Post by vodkashot » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:34 pm

My religion is Jedi

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:49 pm

I'm a realist.

Major

Post by Major » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:11 pm

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:13 pm

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:32 pm

CrazyChef wrote:Image
Does this go for any way of thinking or any belief or lack thereof?

In that case stop showing off you're an atheist.

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:31 pm

I haven't quite figured out where my beliefs belong yet, but right now I kind of think its closest to deism. Except I'm not entirely sure that who/whatever started the universe, that I consider to be god, is intelligent. I'm also unsure as to whether or not this god still intervenes in our universe or not. But one thing I'm sure of is that science doesn't contradict the existence of a god, and probably never will.

awesomepebble

Post by awesomepebble » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:41 am

catholic, i goto a catholic school :wink: :lol: :D :) :o :shock: :? :( :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :mrgreen: :| :arrow: :idea: :?: :!:

MuTAnT

Post by MuTAnT » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:16 pm

Atheist.

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:09 am

I'm not an atheist, in fact i grew up Roman Catholic.. but I am now a lil undecided I suppose.. long discussion to be added later

Mensio

Post by Mensio » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:41 am

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:25 am

Mensio wrote:Image
lmfao.

BardockSGE

Post by BardockSGE » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:11 am

Bardock worships Jashin. I am kidding.

nine-breaker

Post by nine-breaker » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:10 pm

Cloud1 wrote:people who are atheists have closed minds
Atheism is pretty closed minded, the universe in infinite. To think that WE are the highest power out there is ignorant, there are beings/entities more powerful than us. Agnosticism is the way to go. I am Agnostic, I don't believe in a God figure. Any being that gloats he is greater than another species does not deserve the title of God. Also, if you believe in the christianity then why would you worship a god that destroyed two whole cities, nay near the entire population of the earth at the time, simply because they refuse to believe him?

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:12 pm

nine-breaker wrote:
Atheism is pretty closed minded, the universe in infinite. To think that WE are the highest power out there is ignorant, there are beings/entities more powerful than us. Agnosticism is the way to go. I am Agnostic, I don't believe in a God figure. Any being that gloats he is greater than another species does not deserve the title of God. Also, if you believe in the christianity then why would you worship a god that destroyed two whole cities, nay near the entire population of the earth at the time, simply because they refuse to believe him?
There are many interpretations of anything that is said in the Bible. Most Christians aren't biblical literalists, you know. I notice a lot of non-Christians are, however...

Major

Post by Major » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:13 pm

MadAce wrote:
nine-breaker wrote:
There are many interpretations of anything that is said in the Bible. Most Christians aren't biblical literalists, you know. I notice a lot of non-Christians are, however...

It was only last year the first Earth-like planet was found (out of the possible billions) outside of our solar system.

Everything is now an educated guess one way or the other. Life, God, or humanity.

The dinosaurs had a few hundred millions years on us and all they didn't manage cognizance before god/chance utterly destroyed them.

As awesome as we may be thanks to a God or chemical chance we must expect destruction from forces we cannot prevent. (as a species)

...and for only 2 pence (2000 tokens) I can promise you another life after this hectic unpredictable one, with 32 virgins or just one really bangin' one with a four letter name.

As for the literalists (made up word?), the bible is a sanctioned book from a government entity. The books that didn't make the final publication to me are the real historic treasures if they exist.

...but I can tell you from bible study that the folks that were teaching me took this BBQ pretty serious (aka literal).

ygvbBubblez

Post by ygvbBubblez » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:32 pm

How could anyone have enough faith to believe life created itself out of rocks formed from nothing. I don't have that much faith, so I'm a Christian.
What would anyone have to lose from following God? Eternal torment, crime and sin? I wanna lose those!

nine-breaker

Post by nine-breaker » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:27 pm

ygvbBubblez wrote:How could anyone have enough faith to believe life created itself out of rocks formed from nothing. I don't have that much faith, so I'm a Christian.
What would anyone have to lose from following God? Eternal torment, crime and sin? I wanna lose those!
If I killed your mother, father, siblings, children, your wife, and all your friends, and I told you "if you don't do everything I say then I'm going to kill you" would you be inclined to follow me?

Not to mention... who says Lucifer was actually evil? The Bible? The Bible was written by God's fan boys, so anything going against god is automatically wrong. I have to hand it to Lucifer for growing some balls and standing up to all the atrocities that God was committing. He was punished and given a bad name for being the only entity that did the right thing.

Am I a devil worshiper? No! But there are two sides to every story my friend... open your mind.

ygvbBubblez

Post by ygvbBubblez » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:41 pm

Satanic rituals involve death, murder torture and other things I don't want go get into.
God's laws involve peace, lawfulness, kindness and other stuff like that.

You choose.

Major

Post by Major » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:21 am

ygvbBubblez wrote:Satanic rituals involve death, murder torture and other things I don't want go get into.

You choose.
I ask the community to not utterly destroy this new person's faith, seeing as how he already lost all reason, and is new.

nine-breaker

Post by nine-breaker » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:34 am

Major wrote:
ygvbBubblez wrote:Satanic rituals involve death, murder torture and other things I don't want go get into.

You choose.
I ask the community to not utterly destroy this new person's faith, seeing as how he already lost all reason, and is new.
I've tried going easy on him M.A :?

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:24 pm

dave, i love you. :lol:

while we're talking about music...

great album. you oughta give it a listen, Bubblez.

nine-breaker

Post by nine-breaker » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:16 am

My last attempt to explain your "God"

In our universe everything can be found or identified using three numbers: Length, width, and depth. These three numbers make up our coordinate system. How ever you can add a fourth dimension to this system, which is time. While we can use time as a measurement, and we can comprehend the movement of time, we cannot however visualize it. This makes us three dimensional beings, meaning we can only comprehend the second and third dimension. Now think if we were to discover a race of beings in the second dimension. Upon these being we would have almost godlike powers. We could find them in seconds no matter where they hid, just by scanning their 2d world, we could move them around and fix them without ever harming them. Now what if we were able to actually pull one of these beings into our dimension, the third dimension. What would they see? They wouldn't be able to comprehend depth, they could understand it was there, but they couldn't see it. While in our dimension they would just see shapes, in constant flux as the being walked and moved around changing his angle, and perspective to said shapes. It would be very confusing, and overwhelming.

Now imagine there was a fourth dimensional being, doing to us what we have just done to the poor little 2d man. He could move us and "teleport" us where ever he desired, when ever he desired. He could heal us, without ever leaving any visual evidence upon us, he would have almost "Godlike" powers upon us. Now you may ask; why then have we not seen them? Well, just like the 2d man couldn't see the depth of our shapes and objects, just a constant flux of shape, we could not comprehend their "fourth dimension" we can only see the effects it has, the constant flux, which is the changing of time.

I'll continue this on my laptop later, I just realized I'm running late and I should have left over an hour ago.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:02 pm

That was a pretty good explanation, nine-breaker.

Tho I've always imaged god as a being capable of manipulating ALL dimensions and all probabilities.

SiN

Post by SiN » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:26 am

I am a Realist as well.

Though I still think Jesus was an alien sent by organisms from another galaxy in order to unite man toward a common cause that involves a lack of thinking for themselves in order to be food to feed their giant alien bug queen.

ygvbBubblez

Post by ygvbBubblez » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:15 pm

Nine, as you know, there are three dimensions, X,Y and Z. If there is beings living in two dimensional space, X and Y for example, they would be either infinitely flat or infinitely thick. We would not know how to communicate with them, move them, how they thought, how they lived or how to make them think you were God.

In game making, it is possible to add a fourth dimension, but only by adding new 3D 'rooms', our game could be 100x100x100x4 big, meaning there are four rooms, each 100 units cubed. You could move from one room to another, appearing suddenly then vanishing as you move from room to room, other than that you can do nothing extraordinary that you can't do in any of the other rooms.
So, my guess is, if there's fourth dimensional beings, and we have no capability to move fourth dimensionally and they can, the only things they could do that we can't do is vanish and reappear. Being fourth dimensional would give you no extraordinary abilities besides that.

nine-breaker

Post by nine-breaker » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:49 pm

/FACEPALM

If you had a room 14'x14'x10' (standard sized room) you have your three dimensions, adding your last digit there only tells you how many rooms you have, in fact, the way you used the equation doesn't even make sense. however if you said meet me in the room at co-ordinates (42-36) some one could punch that into their gps and find right where you are. If you said meet me on the second floor, this adds the third dimension which you could then write as [(42-36) 11'] 11 feet being how high the second floor is. Now to add the fourth dimension how do we do this? Simple! [(42-36) 11']@ 12:00 P.M. so then you would be telling the person meet you there at noon. We can use the fourth dimension as a measurement, but we can't traverse it the way a fourth dimension being can.

Understand yet?

duece

Post by duece » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:02 pm

His description was fine, a fourth dimension could be represented as the number of rooms. In the physical sense each of those rooms would be an instant in time, but as a mathematical construct extra dimensions can just be more spatial dimensions if you like.

I don't have anything to say for the actual discussion.. just wanted to interject.

ygvbBubblez

Post by ygvbBubblez » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:32 pm

Even if this fourth dimension was time, if you could travel through time and go back in time and heal someone who has a horrible disease, they wouldn't think it miraculous in any means because in their mind they never had the disease because you altered the past and they never did have the disease.

I was thinking of the fourth dimension being more as universes rather that rooms, even though I said 'rooms' in game terms this means worlds or universes. Saying to go to 45,36,76,54 means go to 45 of the x coordinate, 36 of the y coordinate 76 to the z coordinate in the 54th universe or 'room'. Adding the dimension of time you could say 45,36,76,54,June 5 1754 12:00. If there was a fourth spacial dimension as well we could go to 45,36,76,78,54,June 5 1754 12:00 and so on. But even with all these extra dimensions, and being able to move through them, you won't have God-like powers, altering the past won't give you God-like powers and being able to travel through universes won't give you God-like powers either.

duece

Post by duece » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:46 pm

It would make you a being infinitely more complex than the person you were dealing with, it would give you the ability to learn anything that person might want to know almost instantly in his eyes. You could kill him at any instant, and if you did go into his past to heal him he'd remember it if you made it clear to him that's what you did. Sounds pretty god-like to me.

But then again you would still be bound by the laws of physics and would be flawed.. so you could say that's ungod-like I guess.