California Proposition 19: Legalizing Weed

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

Did you want California Prop 19 to pass?

Yes
26
68%
No
12
32%
 
Total votes: 38

User avatar
MadAce
Posts: 4280
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:12 pm

Re: California Proposition 19: Legalizing Weed

Post by MadAce » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:49 pm

M2-Destroyer wrote:
MadAce wrote:
I'm not your personal toy, you haughty, indignant POS.




Maybe you should go to school with some actually smart people and get a little perspective.
Now now, no need for such names MadAce :) We're all friends here :)
O RLY? Reread your posts for the past week or so. They're often really, really smug and thus very annoying. Don't pretend you know everything, please. Even if you happen to disguise it, or at least try to.

Your comment was very dismissive or at least did a really good job sounding as such.
M2-Destroyer wrote: And for the record, i do have my own perspective, otherwise i wouldn't have offered my opinion on the subject :)
It's not because you have your own perspective, that you have perspective.
M2-Destroyer wrote: By the way - The reference to the
Here's one to keep MadAce busy for the next few hours.
, i wrote that simply because i expected a whopper of a post from you, attempting to completely discredit what i've said with sources etc, like you have done to others in the past, it's interesting to have a rant like that with you as it often makes me, as well as others i am sure, look at a topic from another standpoint.
Those rants are a favor to those who need it.

I have little patience with people who have the intellectual capabilities, the sources, and yet manage to spew BS.




As for the actual topic at hand: I'm of course highly skeptical about the standard system of education. But the least about a proper university education because it sometimes offers enough freedom and challenges to learn a few things that haven't been taught in all years previous. Things I consider truly paramount to become a constructive member of society.

User avatar
M2-Destroyer
Posts: 1381
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:27 pm
Location: The Bonny, Bonny Banks of Loch Lomond!
Contact:

Re: California Proposition 19: Legalizing Weed

Post by M2-Destroyer » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:39 pm

MadAce wrote: O RLY? Reread your posts for the past week or so. They're often really, really smug and thus very annoying. Don't pretend you know everything, please. Even if you happen to disguise it, or at least try to.

Your comment was very dismissive or at least did a really good job sounding as such.
Indeed they are quite smug and annoying, but no-one is forcing you to read them. If you dislike what i write so much, then perhaps it would be adequate to avoid a topic with my name on it?

MadAce wrote:It's not because you have your own perspective, that you have perspective.
If i don't have my own perspective, then who's do i have?

MadAce wrote:Those rants are a favor to those who need it.
And you don't feel that perhaps the majority of those rants can be viewed as Smug? Annoying? Dismissive or demeaning in anyway? To name but a few of course ...

MadAce wrote:I have little patience with people who have the intellectual capabilities, the sources, and yet manage to spew BS.
This just HAS to be one of the nicest things you have ever said to me, i'm touched. No really. Is the season of goodwill getting to you MadAce?

MadAce wrote:As for the actual topic at hand: I'm of course highly skeptical about the standard system of education. But the least about a proper university education because it sometimes offers enough freedom and challenges to learn a few things that haven't been taught in all years previous. Things I consider truly paramount to become a constructive member of society.
I'm not going to comment on this in the same way as i have through the rest of this post, simply because this is your opinion and who am i to say it's wrong?

However, that said, have you compared a University education to that of a primary/secondary school and progressively into a college education? From early on, people hold your hand when it comes to learning, like when you first start to read, or to count numbers, however, as you progress along the 'education line' so-to-speak (Primary to Secondary to Tertiary) people stop holding your hand as much and therefore promote independant thinking. So i would have to agree that yes, a University education is beneficial in the fact that there is a lot more freedom and independancy when it comes to work ethic etc. You will only get out what you put in (Effort wise anyway).

User avatar
MadAce
Posts: 4280
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:12 pm

Re: California Proposition 19: Legalizing Weed

Post by MadAce » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:01 pm

M2-Destroyer wrote:
MadAce wrote: O RLY? Reread your posts for the past week or so. They're often really, really smug and thus very annoying. Don't pretend you know everything, please. Even if you happen to disguise it, or at least try to.

Your comment was very dismissive or at least did a really good job sounding as such.
Indeed they are quite smug and annoying, but no-one is forcing you to read them. If you dislike what i write so much, then perhaps it would be adequate to avoid a topic with my name on it?
If you're acting like an annoying little prick, then perhaps it would be adequate to stop doing just that?

I shouldn't have to change my ways just because you're not mature enough to handle knowledge and opinions.
M2-Destroyer wrote:
MadAce wrote:It's not because you have your own perspective, that you have perspective.
If i don't have my own perspective, then who's do i have?
You can, and should, enhance your own perspective by listening to other people's perspective.

That's why you "asked" me to write a rant, right? For my perspective?

If you weren't so argumentative you'd realize that.
M2-Destroyer wrote:
MadAce wrote:Those rants are a favor to those who need it.
And you don't feel that perhaps the majority of those rants can be viewed as Smug? Annoying? Dismissive or demeaning in anyway? To name but a few of course ...
Are you saying I'm a hypocrite? So what If I were? It's not because I don't follow my own advice that my advice is crap.

My bad behavior doesn't excuse yours.
M2-Destroyer wrote:
MadAce wrote:I have little patience with people who have the intellectual capabilities, the sources, and yet manage to spew BS.
This just HAS to be one of the nicest things you have ever said to me, i'm touched. No really. Is the season of goodwill getting to you MadAce?
No, it really isn't. Having the capabilities and not using them is one of the wost crimes I can think of.
M2-Destroyer wrote:
MadAce wrote:As for the actual topic at hand: I'm of course highly skeptical about the standard system of education. But the least about a proper university education because it sometimes offers enough freedom and challenges to learn a few things that haven't been taught in all years previous. Things I consider truly paramount to become a constructive member of society.
I'm not going to comment on this in the same way as i have through the rest of this post, simply because this is your opinion and who am i to say it's wrong?
Opinions can't be wrong? What kind of BS is that? By all means, if I'm spewing crap, correct me.

Opinions can be wrong. Period.
And I don't care who you are. I only care about the validity of your arguments.
M2-Destroyer wrote: However, that said, have you compared a University education to that of a primary/secondary school and progressively into a college education? From early on, people hold your hand when it comes to learning, like when you first start to read, or to count numbers, however, as you progress along the 'education line' so-to-speak (Primary to Secondary to Tertiary) people stop holding your hand as much and therefore promote independant thinking. So i would have to agree that yes, a University education is beneficial in the fact that there is a lot more freedom and independancy when it comes to work ethic etc. You will only get out what you put in (Effort wise anyway).

Like I said, of all the systems I would say the university system is (usually) the least flawed.

But the entire premise of the schooling system, and society's view on education, is warped. It's basically an artifact from the industrial revolution when all a school needed to do was to create willing worker drones which would fit in the industrial processes of both the economy and the military.


These are the things the schooling system should teach, divided into 4 categories (which often overlap):

To gather information:
Most importantly: To teach yourself things. Look up information and train yourself.
To read, and I mean books.
To be inquisitive. Simply to question everything. Even to question everything. The latter is often ignored by many self-declared rebels and progressives.
Art. To learn how people think and communicate.

To judge and process information:
To think. It's an actual skill, logical reasoning. Something that requires a little discipline and knowledge about yourself.
To asses the value of information. In this day and age where all information is everywhere almost instantly, it's more important than ever to understand this.

To act on information:
To set goals and strive for them. And I mean set own goals, not those of society.
Self-discipline.

To survive:
To learn how society works and why it works like this.
Writing and such things.
At least one extra language. To be taught as early as possible. More languages is more ways to think in. Might even result in more empathy for other cultures.
Basic maths and statistics. Taught in a playful manner at an as young an age as possible. Perhaps some basic programming in kindergarten?
To deal with people.




A lot of people have gone to great lengths in an attempt to change the system, I agree. And a lot of what I suggested can be distilled from the current system. But if this happens it is despite it, not because of it.

There are a few things that I think are completely absurd about the system:

You only get to attend the only remotely worthwhile part of the game at age, what, 18? After you've just wasted the most inquisitive and intellectually stimulating parts of your life on cramming things in your skull you could've googled?
You finish university and since it wasn't really necessary you haven't acquired the skills I suggested. Now you're supposed to last a whole LIFETIME with this "education", facing a future which is changing at an exponential rate while you've trained for a career that will become obsolete in the near future?





I'm sorry, but it's entirely insufficient for what we need.

User avatar
General_Neox
Posts: 1320
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:46 pm
Location: Galaxy of Life
Contact:

Re: California Proposition 19: Legalizing Weed

Post by General_Neox » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:42 pm

trollicus combaticus

User avatar
megiddo
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:35 am
Location: location

Re: California Proposition 19: Legalizing Weed

Post by megiddo » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:16 am

General_Neox wrote:trollicus combaticus
trollus pugnax

User avatar
M2-Destroyer
Posts: 1381
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:27 pm
Location: The Bonny, Bonny Banks of Loch Lomond!
Contact:

Re: California Proposition 19: Legalizing Weed

Post by M2-Destroyer » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:17 pm

MadAce wrote:I shouldn't have to change my ways just because you're not mature enough to handle knowledge and opinions.
Where was it stated that you have to change your ways and that i am too immature to absorb said information? My information absorbtion is perfectly fine thank you very much ...

For example, did you know that when humans living in Japan/Australia/Britain (To name a few) tend to walk around a grocery shop in a clockwise manner whereas most Americans are noted to have an anti-clockwise rotation when it comes to shopping?

We all know that infants like to stick their mouths on things and lick things right? It's their way of exploring the world right? Well did you know that if offered a plate with a matted finish and a plate with a shiny surface that the infants will almost always go for the shiny surface? Scientists believe that it is due to a human instinct that was used when searching for clean, fresh water was required?

Source: http://www.cracked.com/article_18805_5- ... ecommended
MadAce wrote:That's why you "asked" me to write a rant, right? For my perspective?

If you weren't so argumentative you'd realize that.
I had kind of hoped that this was taken as a given. The reason why i asked? Is because its interesting to read, to see the view of someone else from another part of the planet. That whole topic with you and Manganator has me fascinated.
MadAce wrote:Are you saying I'm a hypocrite? So what If I were? It's not because I don't follow my own advice that my advice is crap.

My bad behavior doesn't excuse yours.
'Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

And if you have such an issue with what i say and how i say it, perhaps you should try this thing called leading by example? Tends to work wonders!
MadAce wrote:
-nox- wrote:my apologies, I can be a dick sometimes.

So can I.

Of course we're both just asserting our superiority.
Source: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19465

MadAce wrote:No, it really isn't. Having the capabilities and not using them is one of the wost crimes I can think of.
That honest to god sounded like a compliment you paid me back there MadAce, therefore, you do have the capabilities to be nice and should therefore dust them down and put them to use.
MadAce wrote:Opinions can't be wrong? What kind of BS is that? By all means, if I'm spewing crap, correct me.

Opinions can be wrong. Period.
And I don't care who you are. I only care about the validity of your arguments.
Okay - So opinions can be wrong, so hug. If you believe in Santa Claus, who am i to tell you he doesn't exist? Or if you believe in a God, who am i to tell you that he doesn't exist?
MadAce wrote:These are the things the schooling system should teach, divided into 4 categories (which often overlap):

To gather information:
Most importantly: To teach yourself things. Look up information and train yourself. (1)
To read, and I mean books. (2)
To be inquisitive. Simply to question everything. Even to question everything. The latter is often ignored by many self-declared rebels and progressives. (3)
Art. To learn how people think and communicate. (4)
(1) - The education system already does, or at least the education system i have been through does. For my HND i was asked to compile 4 10,000 word reports on a wide range of subjects, from NetBEUI to the comparison of networking capabilities in WinXP and Win7 - If that information was handed to me on a plate by the lecturer, would there really be any point in writing the reports as most likely, the information would simply be the same as that which was given?

(2) - I read the Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit when i was aged 12.

(3) - If i was not taught to do so, would i not agree with everything you say blindly? If so, would we be having this conversation now?

(4) - Once again - If this was not taught to at least some degree, i doubt very much this conversation would be taking place.
MadAce wrote:To judge and process information:
To think. It's an actual skill, logical reasoning. Something that requires a little discipline and knowledge about yourself. (1)
To asses the value of information. In this day and age where all information is everywhere almost instantly, it's more important than ever to understand this. (2)
(1) - I couldn't agree more, this is missed out of a lot of education systems, but i doubt it's any more than just a small over looking.

(2) - If i didn't assess the value of information and compare it to that of which i have collated over the years, would i be able to agree with you?

Here's an example, PersonX works at a shopping centre. It has been decided that GroupABC has to be made redundant to make room for GroupDEF. PersonX knows exactly when this information will be made public - at the last moment. However, PersonY also finds out about this and realises that their information is incredibly valuable because if revealed before PersonX, can allow GroupABC to save their jobs or find new ones to continue life as best as possible without unnecessary interruptions.
MadAce wrote:After you've just wasted the most inquisitive and intellectually stimulating parts of your life on cramming things in your skull you could've googled?
Indeed, however i think your statement is subject to the assumption that EVERYONE will understand the formats and how to actually use said information in the correct way. I feel that your statement is invalid because the education system teaches just that - the methods to disect the given information, to extract that which is most vital and put it into a way that is useful for you or for others, either by writing it down in a sentence, or by putting it into a mathematical equation.

Therefore, one may not have learned the majority of information which can be googled (Relevant to any given topic of interest of course), but one will have learned a method in which to extract vital information and put it to use.

User avatar
MadAce
Posts: 4280
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:12 pm

Re: California Proposition 19: Legalizing Weed

Post by MadAce » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:28 am

M2-Destroyer wrote:
MadAce wrote:I shouldn't have to change my ways just because you're not mature enough to handle knowledge and opinions.
Where was it stated that you have to change your ways and that i am too immature to absorb said information? My information absorbtion is perfectly fine thank you very much ...
Where it was stated? Right here:
M2-Destroyer wrote:If you dislike what i write so much, then perhaps it would be adequate to avoid a topic with my name on it?
I read everything. Not reading your replies would be changing my ways.



I also never said you couldn't absorb information. I said you're not not mature enough to handle information or your opinions.

M2-Destroyer wrote:
MadAce wrote:That's why you "asked" me to write a rant, right? For my perspective?

If you weren't so argumentative you'd realize that.
I had kind of hoped that this was taken as a given. The reason why i asked? Is because its interesting to read, to see the view of someone else from another part of the planet. That whole topic with you and Manganator has me fascinated.
I never contested that.

Let's just note that you simply didn't understand what I meant when I mentioned "perspective", indicated by the fact that you confused "perspective" with "a perspective".
M2-Destroyer wrote: 'Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".
It's not because you define a point by means of a proverb that the point is proven.

Proverbs can be wrong.
M2-Destroyer wrote: And if you have such an issue with what i say and how i say it, perhaps you should try this thing called leading by example? Tends to work wonders!

MadAce wrote:
-nox- wrote:my apologies, I can be a dick sometimes.

So can I.

Of course we're both just asserting our superiority.
It's not because I choose not to lead by example that the nature or outcome of your actions somehow changes. You are still responsible for what you do and say. My behavior is thoroughly irrelevant when discussing yours.
M2-Destroyer wrote:
MadAce wrote:No, it really isn't. Having the capabilities and not using them is one of the wost crimes I can think of.
That honest to god sounded like a compliment you paid me back there MadAce, therefore, you do have the capabilities to be nice and should therefore dust them down and put them to use.
You previously read the MadAce/Manganator thread so you should partially understand my consequentionalist views on morality. Pretending you don't understand my opinion of you does not make you seem withy.

In case you are somehow the victim of some kind of accident and are mentally impaired I will rephrase what I'm trying to say:

I do not consider rating someone's intelligence highly or lowly a compliment or an insult. What determines your worth and to which you are privileged, either compliment or insult, depends on what you do with your capabilities.

My stance does not bode well for you.
M2-Destroyer wrote:
MadAce wrote:Opinions can't be wrong? What kind of BS is that? By all means, if I'm spewing crap, correct me.

Opinions can be wrong. Period.
And I don't care who you are. I only care about the validity of your arguments.
Okay - So opinions can be wrong, so hug. If you believe in Santa Claus, who am i to tell you he doesn't exist? Or if you believe in a God, who am i to tell you that he doesn't exist?
Like I said, who you are is irrelevant. Important matters, such as education should be correctly understood by anyone with political power. Correcting my errors is your duty. At least, if you are able to correct them.





What follows is a part where you, M2-Destroyer, are under the distinct impression that I was talking about you. I was, in fact, talking about the current system of education. I couldn't care less about you.
MadAce wrote:These are the things the schooling system should teach, divided into 4 categories (which often overlap):

To gather information:
Most importantly: To teach yourself things. Look up information and train yourself. (1)
To read, and I mean books. (2)
To be inquisitive. Simply to question everything. Even to question everything. The latter is often ignored by many self-declared rebels and progressives. (3)
Art. To learn how people think and communicate. (4)
M2-Destroyer wrote: (1) - The education system already does, or at least the education system i have been through does. For my HND i was asked to compile 4 10,000 word reports on a wide range of subjects, from NetBEUI to the comparison of networking capabilities in WinXP and Win7 - If that information was handed to me on a plate by the lecturer, would there really be any point in writing the reports as most likely, the information would simply be the same as that which was given?
You were stimulated to look things up in university/college. These skills are so basic, so vital, that they should be taught at a much younger age.

BTW, considering the ease with which information is gathered these days I wouldn't be surprised the lecturer DID hand you the information on a platter by simply naming the terms you mentioned.
M2-Destroyer wrote: (2) - I read the Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit when i was aged 12.
What the hell is the relevance of that? You having read those books at age 12 proves something about the system of education? It doesn't mean crap.

You should see my point about statistics because it would seem you are trying to show a trend based on one, single element of data.
M2-Destroyer wrote: (3) - If i was not taught to do so, would i not agree with everything you say blindly? If so, would we be having this conversation now?
I wasn't necessarily talking about you. Besides, there's a difference between inquisitive and argumentative...

Frankly, considering your mindless acceptance of a broken system I'm not all that impressed by your urge to question things.

(4) - Once again - If this was not taught to at least some degree, i doubt very much this conversation would be taking place.

What the hell does art have to do with this discussion?
MadAce wrote:To judge and process information:
To think. It's an actual skill, logical reasoning. Something that requires a little discipline and knowledge about yourself. (1)
To asses the value of information. In this day and age where all information is everywhere almost instantly, it's more important than ever to understand this. (2)
M2-Destroyer wrote: (1) - I couldn't agree more, this is missed out of a lot of education systems, but i doubt it's any more than just a small over looking.
What the FµCK do you base that assessment on? Tell me, at which point is it taught in school?
M2-Destroyer wrote: (2) - If i didn't assess the value of information and compare it to that of which i have collated over the years, would i be able to agree with you?
I wasn't necessarily talking about you.

Although you did refer to Cracked as a source...
M2-Destroyer wrote: Here's an example, PersonX works at a shopping centre. It has been decided that GroupABC has to be made redundant to make room for GroupDEF. PersonX knows exactly when this information will be made public - at the last moment. However, PersonY also finds out about this and realises that their information is incredibly valuable because if revealed before PersonX, can allow GroupABC to save their jobs or find new ones to continue life as best as possible without unnecessary interruptions.
Okay. One of use is incredibly stupid. What the fµck was the point of your little rant here? What is it supposed to show/prove?
M2-Destroyer wrote:
MadAce wrote:After you've just wasted the most inquisitive and intellectually stimulating parts of your life on cramming things in your skull you could've googled?
Indeed, however i think your statement is subject to the assumption that EVERYONE will understand the formats and how to actually use said information in the correct way. I feel that your statement is invalid because the education system teaches just that - the methods to disect the given information, to extract that which is most vital and put it into a way that is useful for you or for others, either by writing it down in a sentence, or by putting it into a mathematical equation.

Therefore, one may not have learned the majority of information which can be googled (Relevant to any given topic of interest of course), but one will have learned a method in which to extract vital information and put it to use.

You are almost completely mimicking my point. My point is EXACTLY that it's pointless to teach information. It is only useful to to teach how to gather, judge and use it.

And no, the system of education wasn't originally intended to, nor does it efficiently do now, what I am suggesting it should do. It primarily crams stuff in your skull. Maybe, if you're lucky, you will be challenged a bit later on. When you're past your learning prime...


That is my point and you trying to rebuke it by repeating it almost ad verbatim speaks volumes.


As for not everyone being able to understand formats and how to use them: you should really see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk60sYrU2RU




BTW, speaking of the devil, which education have you enjoyed?

User avatar
M2-Destroyer
Posts: 1381
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:27 pm
Location: The Bonny, Bonny Banks of Loch Lomond!
Contact:

Re: California Proposition 19: Legalizing Weed

Post by M2-Destroyer » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:30 pm

MadAce wrote: What follows is a part where you, M2-Destroyer, are under the distinct impression that I was talking about you. I was, in fact, talking about the current system of education. I couldn't care less about you.
WRONG!

I would have thought you would have realised that i was trying to support my arguement with things that i have done or gone through myself. I know you weren't having a dig at me, i was just choosing to use situations that are personal to my development and growth to back up my arguement.
MadAce wrote:What the hell is the relevance of that? You having read those books at age 12 proves something about the system of education? It doesn't mean crap.

You should see my point about statistics because it would seem you are trying to show a trend based on one, single element of data.
It's relevant because i was never into reading things at that age, until i passed through into the secondary stage of schooling, from which i was motivated to apply intelligence and independant thought, as well as read classic novels to expand my knowledge base.



Anyway - It's too early for me, i have too much of a hangover to continue - I shall do so later.

User avatar
MadAce
Posts: 4280
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:12 pm

Re: California Proposition 19: Legalizing Weed

Post by MadAce » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:14 pm

M2-Destroyer wrote:
MadAce wrote: What follows is a part where you, M2-Destroyer, are under the distinct impression that I was talking about you. I was, in fact, talking about the current system of education. I couldn't care less about you.
M2-Destroyer wrote: WRONG!
Don't be so annoyingly obnoxious.
M2-Destroyer wrote: I would have thought you would have realised that i was trying to support my arguement with things that i have done or gone through myself. I know you weren't having a dig at me, i was just choosing to use situations that are personal to my development and growth to back up my arguement.
We're discussing an issue which envelops the whole of human society... I fear your experiences are completely and utterly irrelevant to support anything you have to say.

Frankly I figured you were trying to prove points with your own, limited, subjective experiences. But I guess I was still too optimistic to believe you are so very... challenged.
M2-Destroyer wrote:
MadAce wrote:What the hell is the relevance of that? You having read those books at age 12 proves something about the system of education? It doesn't mean crap.

You should see my point about statistics because it would seem you are trying to show a trend based on one, single element of data.
It's relevant because i was never into reading things at that age, until i passed through into the secondary stage of schooling, from which i was motivated to apply intelligence and independant thought, as well as read classic novels to expand my knowledge base.
That still doesn't prove one single thing.

Your experiences are not representative for society as a whole. Nor do you provide a scale according to which to rate your experiences. For all we know it could be possible to read LOTR at age 10... Reading that book is also not much of a yardstick either.


Also, I never, ever said the system of education doesn't make marginal attempts to enact my suggestions.



Would you answer my question about your level of education?

User avatar
M2-Destroyer
Posts: 1381
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:27 pm
Location: The Bonny, Bonny Banks of Loch Lomond!
Contact:

Re: California Proposition 19: Legalizing Weed

Post by M2-Destroyer » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:32 pm

Too tired to continue this argument - So you win MadAce.

And the limit of my education was a College Diploma.

User avatar
MadAce
Posts: 4280
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:12 pm

Re: California Proposition 19: Legalizing Weed

Post by MadAce » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:01 pm

M2-Destroyer wrote:
And the limit of my education was a College Diploma.
Were I to be you I would use you then as proof for my point.





And no, I didn't win... We all lose.

User avatar
M2-Destroyer
Posts: 1381
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:27 pm
Location: The Bonny, Bonny Banks of Loch Lomond!
Contact:

Re: California Proposition 19: Legalizing Weed

Post by M2-Destroyer » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:35 pm

MadAce wrote:
M2-Destroyer wrote:
And the limit of my education was a College Diploma.
Were I to be you I would use you then as proof for my point.
How so?

User avatar
MadAce
Posts: 4280
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:12 pm

Re: California Proposition 19: Legalizing Weed

Post by MadAce » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:54 pm

M2-Destroyer wrote:
MadAce wrote:
M2-Destroyer wrote:
And the limit of my education was a College Diploma.
Were I to be you I would use you then as proof for my point.
How so?
I rest my case.

User avatar
M2-Destroyer
Posts: 1381
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:27 pm
Location: The Bonny, Bonny Banks of Loch Lomond!
Contact:

Re: California Proposition 19: Legalizing Weed

Post by M2-Destroyer » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:57 pm

MadAce wrote: I rest my case.
Come on MadAce - Make an example of me ... Go for it :)

User avatar
MadAce
Posts: 4280
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:12 pm

Re: California Proposition 19: Legalizing Weed

Post by MadAce » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:42 pm

M2-Destroyer wrote:
MadAce wrote: I rest my case.
Come on MadAce - Make an example of me ... Go for it :)
I already have.

User avatar
Mel'Kaven
Posts: 2187
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:58 am
Location: Kittehville
Contact:

Re: California Proposition 19: Legalizing Weed

Post by Mel'Kaven » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:13 am

MadAce wrote:
M2-Destroyer wrote:
MadAce wrote: I rest my case.
Come on MadAce - Make an example of me ... Go for it :)
I already have.
MadAce, you must be one of those geeks that Google everything before they say it.

Stop always trying to be right.

PS: I rarely check garbage chute so don't even bother talking back to me because I wont check to see if you did.

User avatar
MadAce
Posts: 4280
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:12 pm

Re: California Proposition 19: Legalizing Weed

Post by MadAce » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:43 pm

Mel'Kaven wrote:
MadAce wrote:
M2-Destroyer wrote:
Come on MadAce - Make an example of me ... Go for it :)
I already have.
MadAce, you must be one of those geeks that Google everything before they say it.

Stop always trying to be right.

PS: I rarely check garbage chute so don't even bother talking back to me because I wont check to see if you did.
You reading my reply doesn't serve a single point as you probably wouldn't understand it anyway.



I think before I speak because rights come with responsibilities.

User avatar
M2-Destroyer
Posts: 1381
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:27 pm
Location: The Bonny, Bonny Banks of Loch Lomond!
Contact:

Re: California Proposition 19: Legalizing Weed

Post by M2-Destroyer » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:58 pm

MadAce wrote:

I think before I speak because rights come with responsibilities.
Cheesiest line on the forums 2010 - Nomination!

Catfish
Posts: 1896
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 7:47 pm
Contact:

Re: California Proposition 19: Legalizing Weed

Post by Catfish » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:25 pm

M2-Destroyer wrote:
MadAce wrote:

I think before I speak because rights come with responsibilities.
Cheesiest line on the forums 2010 - Nomination!
/agree

.. and would you women stay on topic please

User avatar
M2-Destroyer
Posts: 1381
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:27 pm
Location: The Bonny, Bonny Banks of Loch Lomond!
Contact:

Re: California Proposition 19: Legalizing Weed

Post by M2-Destroyer » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:22 pm

Catfish wrote:
M2-Destroyer wrote:
MadAce wrote:

I think before I speak because rights come with responsibilities.
Cheesiest line on the forums 2010 - Nomination!
/agree

.. and would you men stay on topic please
7

QFT!!

User avatar
General_Neox
Posts: 1320
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:46 pm
Location: Galaxy of Life
Contact:

Re: California Proposition 19: Legalizing Weed

Post by General_Neox » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:25 am

Lol MadAce you should be a politician.

everyone gets mad at you and hates on you cause you always prove them wrong, i find that satirical.

User avatar
ygvbBubblez
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:49 pm
Location: Most probably in front of my computer.

Re: California Proposition 19: Legalizing Weed

Post by ygvbBubblez » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:35 pm

I think medicinal marijuana is okay, it's when it is abused it becomes a problem, such as when someone uses it to get high.

User avatar
MadAce
Posts: 4280
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:12 pm

Re: California Proposition 19: Legalizing Weed

Post by MadAce » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:44 pm

General_Neox wrote:Lol MadAce you should be a politician.

everyone gets mad at you and hates on you cause you always prove them wrong, i find that satirical.

Sadly enough having a strong grasp on reality is a big no-no for a politician... :(

User avatar
mcdfatty
Posts: 299
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:26 am
Location: Practically Every Server
Contact:

Re: California Proposition 19: Legalizing Weed

Post by mcdfatty » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:13 pm

bump... just curious if anyone still has a comment on this

User avatar
General_Neox
Posts: 1320
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:46 pm
Location: Galaxy of Life
Contact:

Re: California Proposition 19: Legalizing Weed

Post by General_Neox » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:22 pm

All this weed-is-dangerous bull-BBQ is government progaganda from the early-mid 20th century. It's all nonsense. Paper companies wanted hemp illegalized so they wouldn't lose money and business, because at the time hemp was being recognized as the miracle material. This was a major contributor to marijuana being illegalized along with ad campaigns which where backed and funded by guess who, ALCOHOL companies.

Have you guys seen Reefer Madness? Lol..

User avatar
Major
Posts: 1100
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:26 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: California Proposition 19: Legalizing Weed

Post by Major » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:34 am

General_Neox wrote:All this weed-is-dangerous bull-BBQ is government progaganda from the early-mid 20th century. It's all nonsense. Paper companies wanted hemp illegalized so they wouldn't lose money and business, because at the time hemp was being recognized as the miracle material. This was a major contributor to marijuana being illegalized along with ad campaigns which where backed and funded by guess who, ALCOHOL companies.

Have you guys seen Reefer Madness? Lol..
I always thought it was the paper industry.

Whats your source?

User avatar
P-i-m-p
Posts: 1096
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:54 am
Location: Tellin Them Hoes What To Do

Re: California Proposition 19: Legalizing Weed

Post by P-i-m-p » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:01 am

General_Neox wrote:All this weed-is-dangerous bull-BBQ is government progaganda from the early-mid 20th century. It's all nonsense. Paper companies wanted hemp illegalized so they wouldn't lose money and business, because at the time hemp was being recognized as the miracle material. This was a major contributor to marijuana being illegalized along with ad campaigns which where backed and funded by guess who, ALCOHOL companies.

Have you guys seen Reefer Madness? Lol..
But its so fun to get drunk and high :cry:

User avatar
General_Neox
Posts: 1320
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:46 pm
Location: Galaxy of Life
Contact:

Re: California Proposition 19: Legalizing Weed

Post by General_Neox » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:25 pm

Major wrote:
General_Neox wrote:All this weed-is-dangerous bull-BBQ is government progaganda from the early-mid 20th century. It's all nonsense. Paper companies wanted hemp illegalized so they wouldn't lose money and business, because at the time hemp was being recognized as the miracle material. This was a major contributor to marijuana being illegalized along with ad campaigns which where backed and funded by guess who, ALCOHOL companies.

Have you guys seen Reefer Madness? Lol..
I always thought it was the paper industry.

Whats your source?
If you've ever watched the movie "Grass" it's sort of a cool documentary about the history of Marijuana.

Post Reply