chess boards/programs

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

McGrod

chess boards/programs

Post by McGrod » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:51 pm

ok I want to make a chess game with 40k/warhammer/necromunda/er basically my own designs for chess pieces to play on the pc.
I don't know any programming nor do i waish to learn any.
I do want to have bit of animation like a dreadnaught stomping on a gretchin.
so tips/programs/help :(

and dont say 'google it!'.

MadAce

Re: chess boards/programs

Post by MadAce » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:56 pm

What an original question.

I suggest you try out some chess programs which already include animated pieces. Then try to find out if the sprites of these pieces were saved as a workable image file that you can edit in paint or something similar.

McGrod

Post by McGrod » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:03 pm

This is why I fear the Belgians.

umm anyone want to do there own project or done there own chess piece sets in real life or on pc please post here your results, I will try and stick my ones on here in future (also currently doing odd images to audio books through moviemaker :D )

Caia

Post by Caia » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:46 am

Here, have a butterfly! Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

-PLAGUE-

Post by -PLAGUE- » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:26 pm

McGrod wrote:This is why I fear the Belgians.

umm anyone want to do there own project or done there own chess piece sets in real life or on pc please post here your results, I will try and stick my ones on here in future (also currently doing odd images to audio books through moviemaker :D )
HAH U HAVE REVEALED TO ME YOUR WEAKNESS BELGIANS!!! MUHAUHAUAUHAUHAUHAUUHAUAUHA!

I would say google it, but you told me not to :(

McGrod

Post by McGrod » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:47 pm

MadAce is the reason I fear them.
When Modrator of the forums he was ruthless, I put topic up on the tavern showinghow to put colours in your quote in game....It was deleted within 20 seconds of posting because it was not in the launchpad section.
The tyranny continued and One day I went to war...
Did he delete my topic?
no.
Did he resort to changing the words in my post?
no.
Did he flame me back?
no.
Did he stick to ancient Romans love of rules and laws while STILL being of Socratic virtue?
Yes.

I have warred many times and many victories I have had on many a forum. Even here I was able to fence with Sinistrad once.
But I shall never forget the post :
Upon the stormy battlements McGrod the Mighty screamed his warcry "WHY ARE YOU EVEN READING THIS" his mighty axe that resembled his manhood swung in glorious fashion.
To which the Raven MadAce responded "The same reason you are" as he sipped his European coffee.
Lightening struck the battlements and McGrod the Mighty had nothing more to say.

salligator

Post by salligator » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:14 am

McGrod wrote:and dont say 'google it!'.
... Bing it!

McGrod

Post by McGrod » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:23 am

my search as usual brings me to another place and another objective....
I found something known as Dosbox at first I thought it might be something 'adult' orientated only to find it was in fact a way to play old dos games!!!!
Sooo after playing some serious old school games methinks perhaps modding them to the 40k/starwars/playboy bunnies genre.

Anyone else modded old dos games or done anything like it umm i'm kinda feeling lonely as the germans have just battered my awesome defense lines of BR infantry with there inhumane tanks...

Yes smarty pants I forgot to purchase tanks and anti tank weapons.

McGrod

Post by McGrod » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:26 pm

okies my journeys have landed moi in steel panthers...if you havnt played it then its like starport just without the colonies the space bit the planets the mechanics gravity umm in fact its nothing like starport.

I need to find the files that are the soldiers i found some in 'pic' folder but they just seem to be the option screen graphics of tanks and soldiers what I need is the actual guys running around the field so i can play about and make them look kickass!
I have tried and cried and found plenty of mods online yet I cant get them at games depot because they are ancient and all the others seem to be for sequels so thats no good for a guy who wants it in STEEL PANTHERS!

(tell a lie i managed to change a lot of pictures in virtual villagers to rude ones many years ago)

http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/350/S ... thers.html

great site :) .

MegaMan

Post by MegaMan » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:35 am

Here ya go Groddy, I think this might be of interest to you; it's called Game Maker: http://www.yoyogames.com/make

I've played with the trial version, it's pretty impressive. With a little persistence, you could pull off something awesome with it. These two awesome titles are both made with the full version of Game Maker, which is a paltry $25.

http://www.spelunkyworld.com/
http://www.ganggarrison.com/

McGrod

Post by McGrod » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:38 am

Thanks guys I have been pulling my hair out :D

-PLAGUE-

Post by -PLAGUE- » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:44 pm

have you finished it yet?