P5 debates

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

What are your beliefs

Christian
26%
there is something out there (spiritual)
18%
non-Christian who believes In a god
10%
atheist
46%

Total votes: 39

General_Neox

Re: P5 debates

Post by General_Neox » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:24 am

Did u just insult me for complimenting you? lmao

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:57 am

General_Neox wrote:Did u just insult me for complimenting you? lmao
Trust me, if I'd insulted you, you'd now be in a psychatric ward. :twisted:

General_Neox

Post by General_Neox » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:24 am

Alright lol

skynet

Post by skynet » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:54 pm

Hmmm....

i finished reading the entire discussions over this topic. I have to say that nine-breaker and his friends are clearly not refined thinkers. MadAce wins.

One thought though is that MadAce never did actually engage me when i was very active in forum and game clashing with the rest of the community.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:20 pm

skynet wrote:Hmmm....

i finished reading the entire discussions over this topic. I have to say that nine-breaker and his friends are clearly not refined thinkers. MadAce wins.

One thought though is that MadAce never did actually engage me when i was very active in forum and game clashing with the rest of the community.
Sometimes I don't bother because I'm sure someone will get there eventually. Other people need all the help they can get.

skynet

Post by skynet » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:25 pm

i was finally able to get rid of my addiction to this game. i think i stopped playing this game since the end of july.

i came back to just troll around and toonces still retained my characters. His the devil!!

awesomepebble

Post by awesomepebble » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:18 am

im a christian :wink: :D

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:30 am

Bump?
:twisted:

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:28 pm

why did this get bumped? i admit not reading all this. but is there anything to add? bump it with info if you want, but whats the point in bumping it for the hell of it..

edit: i looked over past posts and so i took out a sentence or two that didnt apply.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:30 am

Caia wrote:This should be moved to the Garbage Chute. Even then, it'll be locked as soon as a militant theist and a militant atheist grind the thread to a flaming war.
Lets get this Started :D

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:04 am

ok, I read most of it now, I hope Suislide comes back so I finally have a person on my side, we usually have to take you all down alone :wink:

The big bang theory sounds like steven hawking's dream for something he will never get...

on a more serious note, Matter cannot appear out of a reaction, and Matter cannot be destroyed in a reaction thus proving the drooling handicap false. :D

Only God could have created the MAtter in the first place, only God could have started life, not a molten lava reaction. and Only God could have loved his people enough to

send his own son to give his life for our Salvation. God is real, and Im always ready to argue my case, because it's fun, and Highly Healthy for my Soul :D

~New Religious Argument Thread, Please close down other Threads and Bring it all here~
(Hope that makes it easier for you major) :D

nine-breaker

Post by nine-breaker » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:26 am

JesusRocks765 wrote:ok, I read most of it now, I hope Suislide comes back so I finally have a person on my side, we usually have to take you all down alone :wink:

The big bang theory sounds like steven hawking's dream for something he will never get...

on a more serious note, Matter cannot appear out of a reaction, and Matter cannot be destroyed in a reaction thus proving the drooling handicap false. :D

Only God could have created the MAtter in the first place, only God could have started life, not a molten lava reaction. and Only God could have loved his people enough to

send his own son to give his life for our Salvation. God is real, and Im always ready to argue my case, because it's fun, and Highly Healthy for my Soul :D

~New Religious Argument Thread, Please close down other Threads and Bring it all here~
I've been standing on shaky ground through most of the religious debate, mainly because morality isn't my thing. However, you just took the conversation into my realm, the realm of physics, and here I know all... so lets begin shall we?

1. while i think Steven Hawking is a self righteous bumbling lunatic, the big bang theory does have a strong back bone, though mine is better, read my theory here.... http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_i ... 8816417288
2. Matter can be created, and destroyed, the only thing known in the universe that cant be created nor destroyed is energy. Thats pretty simple.
3. I'm not sure what you mean by the whole molten lava reaction rubbish but I think your talking about primordial life? While its true, no one can recreate life from a series of chemicals yet, we have established that evolution is real. Evolution is a series of adaptations over several million (or more) generations (and by generations I mean, every reproduction). For instance, I remember reading here a while back about some college students up in Alaska creating evolution through adaptation. First they took some average bacteria out of their natural element and put them in controlled environments. As they slowly decreased the temperature over a couple generations each specimen was more compact, and flatter, and over a couple thousand generations they were completely changed, and couldn't even be considered the same species as the starting bacteria.

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:38 am

JesusRocks765 wrote:ok, I read most of it now, I hope Suislide comes back so I finally have a person on my side, we usually have to take you all down alone :wink:

Can you please show us your proof of this? and, no faith is not a proof...
since you seem to be stating what you claim as facts or truths

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:15 pm

nine-breaker wrote:

I've been standing on shaky ground through most of the religious debate, mainly because morality isn't my thing. However, you just took the conversation into my realm, the realm of physics, and here I know all... so lets begin shall we?

1. while i think Steven Hawking is a self righteous bumbling lunatic, the big bang theory does have a strong back bone, though mine is better, read my theory here.... http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_i ... 8816417288
2. Matter can be created, and destroyed, the only thing known in the universe that cant be created nor destroyed is energy. Thats pretty simple.
3. I'm not sure what you mean by the whole molten lava reaction rubbish but I think your talking about primordial life? While its true, no one can recreate life from a series of chemicals yet, we have established that evolution is real. Evolution is a series of adaptations over several million (or more) generations (and by generations I mean, every reproduction). For instance, I remember reading here a while back about some college students up in Alaska creating evolution through adaptation. First they took some average bacteria out of their natural element and put them in controlled environments. As they slowly decreased the temperature over a couple generations each specimen was more compact, and flatter, and over a couple thousand generations they were completely changed, and couldn't even be considered the same species as the starting bacteria.
matter can be destroyed jesusrocks. when electrons and positrons are annihilated to make photons (not considered matter by most) they law of conservation of matter does not take place.
also nine, your link appears to not work. wether or not that was facebooks fault i dont know but I really wanted to read it.

also jesusrocks im curious to know your stance on this as i know some christian groups believe in it and some dont. Did god create life just on earth and there is no life anywhere else in the universe or do you believe that life outside of earth can exist?

theoretically matter can just spew out of white holes, but those are largely believed to not exist by the scientific community.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:16 am

I am a Strong Creationist, basically it comes down to this: Did God Create life or did it just appear out of nowhere (Your not answering your opinion of how Life started nine) and I choose the more Believable and Faith-Backed Creation story. I do not know if God created life on other worlds, I guess we will have to build Better Space Ships and explore the Amazing universe God made for us! :D My proof is your lack or any logical proof and the fact that there are to many unexplained things to not include God in it. I await your responses for this civil Religious argument (this one is not turning into a flame war so mature People only please) :D

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:30 am

JesusRocks765 wrote:I am a Strong Creationist, basically it comes down to this: Did God Create life or did it just appear out of nowhere (Your not answering your opinion of how Life started nine) and I choose the more Believable and Faith-Backed Creation story. I do not know if God created life on other worlds, I guess we will have to build Better Space Ships and explore the Amazing universe God made for us! :D My proof is your lack or any logical proof and the fact that there are to many unexplained things to not include God in it. I await your responses for this civil Religious argument (this one is not turning into a flame war so mature People only please) :D

alright. if your going to provide the courtesy of being civil, I shall do the same.

i have another question. you refute what ninebreaker and i say and say you are correct based on believing a faith-backed creation story is the truth, but how does one's personal beliefs (thats what faith is) validate or invalidate anything. As madace has pointed out before that just because we may not have presented enough evidence to support our side as you would like, that does not automatically make your arguement correct. We could both be wrong.

just because something cant be explained, doesnt mean it was divine intervention.

what we do know is this, No one side can ever be proven correct or incorrect as nobody witnessed the first lifeform created.

all i will say is that If you examine the bibles story on creationism about the first human beings it is very easy to disprove. Even if adam and eve were completely different genetically, it has been proven impossible we would have the genetic diversity we have today among humans. Does this mean god didnt make people, no it doesnt, he could of made multiple sets of people and scattered pairs of people around the planet who really knows? there is no evidence of this but it could just be lost forever.

my point has always been not to disprove the existance of a god, but to not be close minded to other posibilities, and not write every detail off that does not fit into what you believe to be correct.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:38 am

I believe in God because stories in the Bible, such as the Great Flood and Many others have compelling evidence seen in the world today, I am not a Blind Believer.
I love Believing in a loving and Holy God, I love reading the Enlightening Bible, I love going to Church every week, and I love knowing without a doubt that my Soul is saved.

I see how your theories work, but they are not exactly solid. Scientific theories about the start of the Universe are not any more correct than Creationist Beliefs, in truth, Noone knows.

I believe that someday science will prove the Creation Beliefs but by then noone will need faith to believe and I will have had Strong Faith the whole time, which will save my soul :D

I dont have complete proof and you dont either, most theories are always changing except mine, a theory believed for thousands of Years. :D

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:41 am

JesusRocks765 wrote:I believe in God because stories in the Bible, such as the Great Flood and Many others have compelling evidence seen in the world today, I am not a Blind Believer.
I love Believing in a loving and Holy God, I love reading the Enlightening Bible, I love going to Church every week, and I love knowing without a doubt that my Soul is saved.

I see how your theories work, but they are not exactly solid. Scientific theories about the start of the Universe are not any more correct than Creationist Beliefs, in truth, Noone knows.

I believe that someday science will prove the Creation Beliefs but by then noone will need faith to believe and I will have had Strong Faith the whole time, which will save my soul :D

I dont have complete proof and you dont either, most theories are always changing except mine, a theory believed for thousands of Years. :D

the bible changed quite a bit between the old and new testaments.

also there is no evidence to suggest a great flood ever happened. In fact there is huge amounts of evidence to suggest it never happened.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:45 am

there are dinosaur skeletons all over the earth, what Science calls "Pangea" I call a huge Earth covering ocean scattering the Remains of Dinosaurs and other extinct animals across the earth, hence fossils being worldwide :D

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:50 am

JesusRocks765 wrote:there are dinosaur skeletons all over the earth, what Science calls "Pangea" I call a huge Earth covering ocean scattering the Remains of Dinosaurs and other extinct animals across the earth, hence fossils being worldwide :D
dinosaurs however. did not all die off at one singular moment, also if 99.99999 percent of hte earths population was flooded at the same time dont you think we would find a huge amoount of fossils to suggest that happened.

the flood would of only affected the top layer of earth. it would not spread fossils around.

and finally, the scenario where only a few humans survive does not have the ability to create the genetic differences in people we see. this is not something we can just ignore.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:53 am

Of course not, some went to africa, some to asia, some to Europe, and some went from asia to americas after a while.

The climate and features of these areas each had a slight effect on how the people look.

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:57 am

JesusRocks765 wrote:Of course not, some went to africa, some to asia, some to Europe, and some went from asia to americas after a while.

The climate and features of these areas each had a slight effect on how the people look.
looks have nothing to do with it. environmental change wouldnt suddenly provide the genetic material needed to create a viable gene pool for todays societies.

how many people do you think noah saved exactly? ive read the story a long time ago and all i remember is him saving his family, and maybe a few others.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:59 am

His family (His grown Sons) and their Wives. Enough to repopulate the Earth, and maybe his sons married genetically different people, who knows?

I am also interested in your theorsies on orgins of race, but I gtg, Ill talk later.

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:02 am

JesusRocks765 wrote:His family (His grown Sons) and their Wives. Enough to repopulate the Earth, and maybe his sons married genetically different people, who knows?

I am also interested in your theorsies on orgins of race, but I gtg, Ill talk later.
no that would not be enough to repopulate the earth to its current population. and we would see huge numbers of people with genetic defects if that was to be believed. the base gene pool would be far, far to small

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:19 am

JR you cannot pick and choose which pieces of science you want to believe in and don't like you can do with your bible. What you believe in or think does not change the hard facts and evidence.

You are a young earth creationist, you have said so before. Yet you believe in Pangea and plate techtonics as being indicators of a great flood? If you agree that plates can move then it is only logical that they moved over millions of years, not 6 millenia. If they had moved all that distance in 6 millenia then we'd have a lot worse earthquakes and see those effects on a much much faster scale then we do now.

And if you had read anything on anthropology or even on space colonization, you would know it takes a population of 160-200 people to sustain and grow as a species without terrible genetic mutations, assuming a MONOGOMOUS family structure. This number can be cut to about 80 with a specific social structure, but this would require POLYGAMY, something I don't think your church would like. It is literally impossible for 2 people to start a race, their offspring would be so ridiculously deformed they would all be stillborn after a couple generations.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:54 pm

JuliusCaesar wrote:JR you cannot pick and choose which pieces of science you want to believe in and don't like you can do with your bible. What you believe in or think does not change the hard facts and evidence.

You are a young earth creationist, you have said so before. Yet you believe in Pangea and plate techtonics as being indicators of a great flood? If you agree that plates can move then it is only logical that they moved over millions of years, not 6 millenia. If they had moved all that distance in 6 millenia then we'd have a lot worse earthquakes and see those effects on a much much faster scale then we do now.

And if you had read anything on anthropology or even on space colonization, you would know it takes a population of 160-200 people to sustain and grow as a species without terrible genetic mutations, assuming a MONOGOMOUS family structure. This number can be cut to about 80 with a specific social structure, but this would require POLYGAMY, something I don't think your church would like. It is literally impossible for 2 people to start a race, their offspring would be so ridiculously deformed they would all be stillborn after a couple generations.
This is hilarious, you completely misunderstood me :lol:

I said I do NOT Believe in pangea, I am showing how the Great Flood is the reason for things that athiests believe is pangea.

I do not pick and choose evolution, I completely reject it. Your whole post was based off you reading mine wrong and is completely invalid. :lol:

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:14 pm

eh. read too fast i guess.

in any event plate techtonics cannot be explained by a large flood. that makes 0 sense for so many reasons i can't even begin to cover why.

EDIT: saying theories are less valid than what was written in a book 2000 years ago is just dumb. theories, while they may change, are based on SCIENCE, data, tested hypotheses. Your religion is entirely based on a book of very dated circular logic.

there is no science WHATSOEVER to support what the bible says. maybe some history as to the people involved, but thats it.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:35 am

There is science to back up the Bible, you are just rejecting it as I am rejecting your unexplained science that desperately tries to disprove the Bible.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:09 am

I don't need science to disprove the bible, it is entirely illogical anyway. Secondly, I don't need to disprove anything you say. You need to prove it. So prove it. You want to use science to validate your beliefs, present your findings.

-nox-

Post by -nox- » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:00 pm

JesusRocks765 wrote:There is science to back up the Bible
go on
JesusRocks765 wrote: you are just rejecting it as I am rejecting your unexplained science that desperately tries to disprove the Bible.
what specific social and historic events would need to occur and/or what specific scientific evidence would need to be found for you to give up your beliefs?