what happened to you guys?

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

toast

what happened to you guys?

Post by toast » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:28 pm

Once upon a time, toasty played starport. The last time i seriously played was in march of this year. At that time, and the years before, people on the forums were reasonably civil. Sure, there were flame wars, and people got a bit pissed, but nothing compared with what i see these days.

As i troll along looking for interesting topics, it seems like half the threads contain a perfectly reasonable subject (or perhaps one a bit noobish) and a few nice responses...and then some jerk comes by and starts making nasty comments. I understand that sometimes people get upset, but whats up with the random flaming?

It's like the average age of the new players here is ... 3 or something.

Hoping yall grow up
-Toast

p.s sorry major you will probably need to lock this within a day as all the babies start flaming this, but i just had to say something.

Major.Arse

Re: what happened to you guys?

Post by Major.Arse » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:30 pm

i feel ya bro.

wb btw.

toast

Post by toast » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:40 pm

im not back though :(

just moved into college, finished my homework, so i figured id come see whats going on.

maybe tonight ill pop in and make sure my account isnt deleted though...and i keep meaning to see what blitz is like :)

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:40 am

hi toast :)

Dark.Cloud

Post by Dark.Cloud » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:00 am

FLAME FLAME FLAME!! Thats ridiciulous I atleast act 4!! BLAH BLAH FLAME!

Raviel-PLAGUE-

Post by Raviel-PLAGUE- » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:20 am

Yeah i get what your saying, i have a lot of wars on SGE in my time playing and i have to say usually its all in good fun and competition.

however a few people like Budman Kasonia Bardock etc. carry it on constantly and flame like everything i post for no reason just at random.

we have a conversation about what biodome populations people think there should be if there should be changes and everyone is giving a good response and then Kasonia comes on and disses everyone saying why don't you just play the fudging game cursing people out it's really stupid.

I try to be nothing but friendly to people on forums Their little group are the only people i don't like but i even give them credit for their good idea's like bardocks plan for a 1v1 tournament and how things should be set up i even offer my help sometimes but they are still jerks to me.

however once upon a time kas came on my vent loaded saying he loved us lol :P i wont hold that against him though im sure he hates me just as much as usual :D

Luna

Post by Luna » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:13 pm

Here's my chance to put in my two cents.

Some of the community posts reasonably and makes jokes/flames that are intended to get a laugh or mock people halfheartedly. Those people don't intend to abuse or belittle people, but poke occasional fun at a subject or topic. Everyone knows their not being intentionally rude or obnoxious, because mature posters can laugh at their own mistakes and the mistakes of others.

The vast majority of posters above adolescence post reasonably well thought out posts about the game, ideas and polls. The posts the reasonable part of the community makes are well thought out, full of insight, wisdom and helpfulness for new players. They come up with bright, inspiring ideas to implement, and spend their time and energy making suggestions to improve game play. These players are often respected long term members of SGE. They make the game fun to play and they've forged friendships from their efforts in game and on the forum.

The remaining juvenile, immature, low brow, morons post insults, constant vicious flames to all new posters, and every topic or thread where they can. They use no moral compass, and no filter on their vile comments or choice of words. They dredge up old threads, spam, and flame their way through the forum daily for no other reason than to feed their egos, and cause chaos. They INTEND to be abrasive and constantly drag down the morale and general well being of those around them. They are a GIANT pain in the donkey and should be thrown out and banned.

They clean up their act occasionally and when chastised for their behavior they become baby bitches that whine about how unfair they're being treated and how one or all of the Mods single them out to pick on. They give examples of others behaving badly as an excuse for their own behavior. Some days I just want to slap them and tell them to STFU, but I don't. :mrgreen:

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:17 pm

Luna wrote:The remaining juvenile, immature, low brow, morons post insults, constant vicious flames to all new posters, and every topic or thread where they can. They use no moral compass, and no filter on their vile comments or choice of words. They dredge up old threads, spam, and flame their way through the forum daily for no other reason than to feed their egos, and cause chaos. They INTEND to be abrasive and constantly drag down the morale and general well being of those around them. They are a GIANT pain in the donkey and should be thrown out and banned.

They clean up their act occasionally and when chastised for their behavior they become baby bitches that whine about how unfair they're being treated and how one or all of the Mods single them out to pick on. They give examples of others behaving badly as an excuse for their own behavior. Some days I just want to slap them and tell them to STFU, but I don't. :mrgreen:
:shock:

Moleman

Post by Moleman » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:43 pm

Catfish wrote:
Luna wrote:The remaining juvenile, immature, low brow, morons post insults, constant vicious flames to all new posters, and every topic or thread where they can. They use no moral compass, and no filter on their vile comments or choice of words. They dredge up old threads, spam, and flame their way through the forum daily for no other reason than to feed their egos, and cause chaos. They INTEND to be abrasive and constantly drag down the morale and general well being of those around them. They are a GIANT pain in the donkey and should be thrown out and banned.

o

You see what you did?!

You finally broke Luna!!

Shame on you....

:shakes head:

Suave

Post by Suave » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:08 am

Luna has finally broke. :x

This is not good.. not good :o

Luna

Post by Luna » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:17 am

I'm not broken quite yet, I just expressed myself in a manner that I normally keep in check on the forum. I have to restrain myself when responding to some individuals just like everyone else. I'm not exempt from thinking or wanting to respond back to some of the nonsense posted, I just choose to be reasonably neutral 95% of the time. The other 5% is when I unleash a bit and snap back. For the most part I keep my personal opinions in check when posting since it would be irresponsible as a Mod to let my personal views rule over threads. :wink:

/brief meltdown over

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:58 am

Moleman wrote:
Catfish wrote:

o

You see what you did?!

You finally broke Luna!!

Shame on you....

:shakes head:
wait.. what did i do? :shock:

Luna

Post by Luna » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:43 am

Wasn't you Catfish. Toast made a general comment about abusive posters in the forum and how it's changed. I just made a comment about how some posters are respectful and actually post useful things and some seems to just be here to be a pain in the butt and flame people and threads.

Nothing specific just generalizations. :)

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:59 pm

Sorry, my brain was working rather slow when i first went through this... must be from being too close to toast :D

/fondle toast :wink:

Chettoes121

Post by Chettoes121 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:29 am

hmm luna deleted my comment i think :'(

Moleman

Post by Moleman » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:46 am

Chettoes121 wrote:hmm luna deleted my comment i think :'(
Nope, we can't mod here! MA's the only chute mod.

We're mere mortals here, like you! :(

toast

Post by toast » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:15 pm

Catfish wrote:Sorry, my brain was working rather slow when i first went through this... must be from being too close to toast :D

/fondle toast :wink:

fishy :lol:

i always thought luna was amazing for not tweaking out on people. its kind of reassuring to know that she is frustrated too :)