Global warming: new controvesy?

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

MadAce

Re: Global warming: new controvesy?

Post by MadAce » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:05 pm

Hey, Caia... Eum. Have you considered moving to China? They don't buy this global warming crap over there! And the economy there is booming. And best of all: you don't have to vote!

So, don't waste any time and pack them bags.

tekkamanblade

Post by tekkamanblade » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:17 am

to M2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRp3iH86 ... re=related

to Caia
thats how they spun it, because they are reporting from the position that global warming is a fact to make sure the guy that owns their network and will be running the carbon tax exemptions program gets his way. the real facts are that they have doctored all the data, destroyed the real data, nasa did the same thing, and we have all known for years.

to madace
i agree fully that democracy is one of the worst systems of government, but i prefer it over neo-feudalism, which is indisputably what we're heading into thanks to the "humans are a plague killing the earth" hysteria these a55 clowns are whipping up with their man made global warming hoax. it shocks and sickens me that someone as ludicrously intelligent as you has been swindled by them, especially when you yourself understand the REAL dangers we are up against.

to nox
akito wrote:lets pretend for a second that i work for playtechtonics and recieve a token bonus for each player i recruit. what sort of thing would i have to say about starport? would it be different from my current rhetoric about how god awful patches and empty permas have made it damn near unplayable? as an employee of toonces, totally dependant on maintaining his good graces, how do you think my rhetoric concerning him might shift?

this is why all the climate scientists say "more study is needed", because their job is to do those studies. who pays for the studies?

i feel this is a much more relevant question than "what does this or that study show", especially since 90% of all statistical percentages (including this one, haha) are made up on the spot or deviously manipulated to obtain the "desired" results.

however, lets assume for a moment that there is such a thing as man made global warming... how does a carbon tax help resolve this issue? a carbon tax will only serve to ship more industry over seas to "developing" nations that are immune to the decades old resolutions now going into effect. maybe if the plan to save us from ourselves wasn't envisioned in advance by the same people that engineered and then hyped up the crisis in the first place i would be more open to it?

Caia

Post by Caia » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:32 am

MadAce wrote:Hey, Caia... Eum. Have you considered moving to China? They don't buy this global warming crap over there! And the economy there is booming. And best of all: you don't have to vote!

No.

Have you considered dropping dead? After all, one less person breathing out CO2 is gonna help save the planet, right?

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:30 pm

Caia wrote:
MadAce wrote:Hey, Caia... Eum. Have you considered moving to China? They don't buy this global warming crap over there! And the economy there is booming. And best of all: you don't have to vote!

No.

Have you considered dropping dead? After all, one less person breathing out CO2 is gonna help save the planet, right?
You first. With all the I love puppies coming out of your mouth it's bound to save on methane gas too.

nine-breaker

Post by nine-breaker » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:55 pm

Yea, I heard, on nat geo, that cattle release more greenhouse gasses in one day, by deficating, than human make in a year driving vehicles, so in order to stop global warming, we must first eat all the cows. Problem solved.

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:55 pm

LOL. Yep, their breath is methane adn they are the leading producer of greenhouse gases LOL. And why was it that it took like half a topic for someone to finally give the real definition of a theory? I think it was on page THREE. I have not been posting on this topic much because i would rather stay out of a flame fest, but I LOL'ed when it took that long for what should have been on page 1.

tekkamanblade

Post by tekkamanblade » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:04 pm

yah, they had to change the term to climate change when we started getting record breaking cold temperatures world wide. the propoganda movie day after tommorow where an ice storm forms from global warming apparently wasnt enough to play it off.

and building off of what caia said. if the world heated up, the amount of co2 the oceans could absorb before being "full" (saturated) would increase. its called super saturation, the hotter something is the more stuff it can dissolve, which is why i heat the water before i add my hot chocolate powder. currently, the ocean is not even saturated, much less super saturated. that means that until the ocean is saturated, all co2 will be harmlessly dissolved before doing anything to change climate, and also explains the correlation between temp and co2 levels.

Havok

Post by Havok » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:43 pm

Yea, I know, I'm a necro. Just saw this on yahoo though, and thought I'd share:

http://online.wsj.com/video/opinion-the ... mpvidcar_3

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:14 pm

Yes, while global warming may be occuring, it is happening much slower than many scientists say, and some were even caught falsifying their data in favor of global warming.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:37 pm

JesusRocks765 wrote:Yes, while global warming may be occuring, it is happening much slower than many scientists say, and some were even caught falsifying their data in favor of global warming.

This is complete and utter I love puppies.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:32 pm

MadAce wrote:
JesusRocks765 wrote:Yes, while global warming may be occuring, it is happening much slower than many scientists say, and some were even caught falsifying their data in favor of global warming.

I wish I had the article to show you.

Destinybound

Post by Destinybound » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:43 pm

JesusRocks765 wrote:
MadAce wrote:

I wish I had the article to show you.
Since you don't have the article, I guess we'll just have to assume that what you said was I love puppies. There is no benefit of the doubt when it comes to global warming. Go watch an Inconvenient Truth, and imagine where America would be had we elected Al Gore instead of Bush...

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:42 pm

You must realize that I don't care much about global warming, and whether it is happening or not is of little concern to me.