-nox-

Re: Weird things that make you proud!

Post by -nox- » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:57 am

coke with milk? :o never heard of that one

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:29 am

-nox- wrote:coke with milk? :o never heard of that one
I've witnessed it. Since then I have an excellent argument on hand in this kind of situation:

Random idiot: "We should've never declared independence from the Netherlands."

MadAce: "They drink coke with milk."

Random idiot: "We should declare war on them."

Chicboy

Post by Chicboy » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:06 am

Scottish cuisine can be disgusting at times. Fancy a deep fried mars-bar in batter? :? Not the best thing iv ever tasted...

Moleman

Post by Moleman » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:32 pm

Chicboy wrote:Scottish cuisine can be disgusting at times. Fancy a deep fried mars-bar in batter? :? Not the best thing iv ever tasted...
I was visiting friends in Edinburgh last year and the local chippy was serving deep fried pizzas!! :shock:

moleman

Chicboy

Post by Chicboy » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:04 pm

Moleman wrote:
Chicboy wrote:Scottish cuisine can be disgusting at times. Fancy a deep fried mars-bar in batter? :? Not the best thing iv ever tasted...
I was visiting friends in Edinburgh last year and the local chippy was serving deep fried pizzas!! :shock:
moleman
:lol: , aye, that about sums it up. Deep fry everything, the country should be more obese than it is!

SnakeEyes

Post by SnakeEyes » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:56 pm

MadAce wrote: Not surprising if you consider Dutch kitchen. (fries with peanut butter and coke with milk)
eh??? never heard of either :P

Armor

Post by Armor » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:50 pm

Chicboy wrote:
Moleman wrote:
moleman
:lol: , aye, that about sums it up. Deep fry everything, the country should be more obese than it is!
Sounds an awful lot like America, only this country *is* obese.

MegaMan

Post by MegaMan » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:27 pm

MadAce wrote:
MegaMan wrote:I thought the Dutch invented mayonnaise on fries.

here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDMoTN6L6Q4

"You know what they put on fries in Holland instead of ketchup? Mayonnaise."

I think that pretty much proves it :)
With all due immense respect for Mr Tarantino (I consider him a genuine Messiah of Good Filmaking)... He's wrong if he's suggesting that the Dutch invented this particular practice. And he's not actually suggesting this. Mr Vega (the character) said he experienced the Dutch applying mayo to their fries. Not that they invented this. The Dutch simply copied the Belgian cuisine.
Not surprising if you consider Dutch kitchen. (fries with peanut butter and coke with milk)
I believe you.. mainly I just wanted an excuse to post the clip.. since I can never think of anything else when I hear about mayonnaise and fries. :D Don't they also do that in England? I had a British friend that used to do that...

P-i-m-p

Post by P-i-m-p » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:20 am

Stealing a razor from an emo knowing that its his only one so he can't cut himself anymore :lol:

IshXIII

Post by IshXIII » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:04 pm

thats true.

and asphalt was invented by germans, also modern asphalt is not invented by belgics. lol
and what modern maps are you talking about? old fashioned paper maps? bcos belgium didnt even exsist yet back when it was invented. if you refer to modern maps as the digital maps that are like a lcd but you can role them up? once more not invented by belgium. ohw maybe maps as in using gps maps in ur car? meeehehehe no not invented by belgium.

the internal combustion engine? i dont remember that as invented by... belgium.
and im sure you needed a electrical railway in our country bcos it saves so much energy eyh!

electical railway invented by: Frank Julian Sprague in the states on
internal combustin engine:

1206: Al-Jazari described a double-acting reciprocating piston pump with a crank-connecting rod mechanism.[1]
# 1509: Leonardo da Vinci described a compressionless engine.
1673: Christiaan Huygens described a compressionless engine.

Who was first to land on the moon?!?! HAH it was the Belgians!!!

take a hike.

p.s. coke with milk? wtf hhah man ur losing it. only thing what belgians invented is trying to be funny but.. FAIL
fries with peanut butter? its satay sauce dude. and that comes originally from indonesia, india and isouth america! and that is eaten in: india, indonesia, england, new zealand, australia, holland, germany in the states, canada and yes... in almost the whole of south america. salsa de mani its called there.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:35 pm

IshXIII wrote:

thats true.

and asphalt was invented by germans, also modern asphalt is not invented by belgics. lol
and what modern maps are you talking about? old fashioned paper maps? bcos belgium didnt even exsist yet back when it was invented. if you refer to modern maps as the digital maps that are like a lcd but you can role them up? once more not invented by belgium. ohw maybe maps as in using gps maps in ur car? meeehehehe no not invented by belgium.

the internal combustion engine? i dont remember that as invented by... belgium.
and im sure you needed a electrical railway in our country bcos it saves so much energy eyh!

electical railway invented by: Frank Julian Sprague in the states on
internal combustin engine:

1206: Al-Jazari described a double-acting reciprocating piston pump with a crank-connecting rod mechanism.[1]
# 1509: Leonardo da Vinci described a compressionless engine.
1673: Christiaan Huygens described a compressionless engine.

Who was first to land on the moon?!?! HAH it was the Belgians!!!

take a hike.

p.s. coke with milk? wtf hhah man ur losing it. only thing what belgians invented is trying to be funny but.. FAIL
fries with peanut butter? its satay sauce dude. and that comes originally from indonesia, india and isouth america! and that is eaten in: india, indonesia, england, new zealand, australia, holland, germany in the states, canada and yes... in almost the whole of south america. salsa de mani its called there.
Don't say "lol". It makes you seem even more stupid. And that's bound to break some universal laws.

Secondly, it's Belgians, not "belgics". If you're going to venture out on a pathetic and misguided attempt at attacking a country you know nothing about (completely in accordance with your personal crede: "Ignorance is bliss") then you should at least know how to address your foes.

Tertio... How come you can't even spell correctly?

Quatrième. It's not because a country doesn't exist yet that it doesn't carry the beginnings of a certain culture and a certain way of life within it. Or are you saying that all the accomplishments of the first generations of colonists in the America's should only be attributed to the Brits (and the Fench, Spanish, ...)?

I wasn't referencing those friggin GPS's thingies. I was referencing the present-day Mercator Projection.

The Mercator projection is a cylindrical map projection presented by the Flemish geographer and cartographer Gerardus Mercator, in 1569. It became the standard map projection for nautical purposes because of its ability to represent lines of constant course, known as rhumb lines or loxodromes, as straight segments. While the linear scale is constant in all directions around any point, thus preserving the angles and the shapes of small objects (which makes the projection conformal), the Mercator projection distorts the size and shape of large objects, as the scale increases from the Equator to the poles, where it becomes infinite.

Basically when you look at a map these days, it's the Mercator Projection. Tho I'm not entirely sure when someone like you would ever look at a map...

Asphalt:

The first road use of asphalt occurred in 1824, when asphalt blocks were placed on the Champs-Élysées in Paris. Modern road asphalt was the work of Belgian immigrant Edward de Smedt at Columbia University in New York City. By 1872, De Smedt had engineered a modern, "well-graded," maximum-density asphalt. The first uses of this road asphalt were in Battery Park and on Fifth Avenue in New York City in 1872 and on Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington D.C., in 1877.

Combustion Engine:

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/top ... nne-Lenoir

Étienne Lenoir
Belgian inventor

born Jan. 12, 1822, Mussy-la-Ville, Belg.
died Aug. 4, 1900, La Varenne-Saint-Hilaire, Fr.

Main
Belgian inventor who devised the first commercially successful internal-combustion engine.

Essentially the first internal combustion engine was invented in the late 1600's (the specific year is unknown) by the English inventor Sir Samuel Morland. The engine ran on gun powder and was used mostly for pumping water.

In 1860 the Belgium inventor, Lenoir, designed an engine that some consider the first Internal Combustion Engine, because it ran on a mixture of air and coal dust and was ignited by an electrical spark. In 1863, the engine was revised to include a carburettor and burn liquid petroleum gas. The engine was use to move a three wheeled cart, but most commonly it was used as a stationary power plant for printing presses, water pumps, and machine tools.

Electric Railway:

Charles Joseph Van Depoele.

As early as 1874, Van Depoele began investigations into the field of electric locomotion. Van Depoele's first electric railway was laid in Chicago early in 1883, and he exhibited another at an exposition in that city later in the same year.

A prolific inventor, Van Depoele was granted at least 243 United States patents between 1881 and 1894 for various electric inventions including railway systems, lights, generators, motors, current regulators, pumps, telpher systems, batteries, hammers, rock drills, brakes, a gearless locomotive, a coal-mining machine, and a pile-driver. He received the most recognition for his role in the development of electric railways; George Herbert Stockbridge wrote in 1891, "It is probably only just to Mr. Van Depoele to say that he is entitled to more credit than any other one man for the exploitation of electricity as a motive power."

Your biggest mistake is not being a crying waste of skin (quite a popular occupation) but pretending I didn't look up my claims before posting them.

Don't mistake others for yourself.

IshXIII

Post by IshXIII » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:33 pm

dude ur funny. and i know more about belgica then u know. belgica is actually the original name ace. also i dont use quate that says ignorance is a bliss. I did not attack ur country neither. i attacked u and ur lies. if u cant find anything better then to flame about my spelling man then i urge you to get a life. i did some more research and you still have not proven with ur evidence that belgium invented any of those. And belgiums are just an inbreed of dutch and frnech people. the majority actually wants to return to the precious state when half was dutch and half was french bcos they thinks the politics in those countries go better. Another thing i know allot more about belgium then you think. and apearently i know more about your own country then you do.

next to this you said the same things about holland didnt you? peanutbutter? or sataysauce?

Armor

Post by Armor » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:14 pm

IshXIII wrote:dude ur funny. and i know more about belgica then u know. belgica is actually the original name ace. also i dont use quate that says ignorance is a bliss. I did not attack ur country neither. i attacked u and ur lies. if u cant find anything better then to flame about my spelling man then i urge you to get a life. i did some more research and you still have not proven with ur evidence that belgium invented any of those. And belgiums are just an inbreed of dutch and frnech people. the majority actually wants to return to the precious state when half was dutch and half was french bcos they thinks the politics in those countries go better. Another thing i know allot more about belgium then you think. and apearently i know more about your own country then you do.

next to this you said the same things about holland didnt you? peanutbutter? or sataysauce?
Go away. Learn to spell. Come back after.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:22 am

IshXIII wrote:dude ur funny. and i know more about belgica then u know. belgica is actually the original name ace. also i dont use quate that says ignorance is a bliss. I did not attack ur country neither. i attacked u and ur lies. if u cant find anything better then to flame about my spelling man then i urge you to get a life. i did some more research and you still have not proven with ur evidence that belgium invented any of those. And belgiums are just an inbreed of dutch and frnech people. the majority actually wants to return to the precious state when half was dutch and half was french bcos they thinks the politics in those countries go better. Another thing i know allot more about belgium then you think. and apearently i know more about your own country then you do.

You're completely retarded.

Belgica was a Roman province. Which isn't the same as the country that declared independence in 1830 (and arguably in 1790).
And even if you were referring to the ancient Belgians then you'd still be stupid as the people living in Belgica weren't "the Belgics" but the Belgae. It's also not "Belgiums" it's BELGIANS.
You don't have to say "Ignorance is Bliss". It's oozing out of your pores. If not then you would've recognized my clear intellectual superiority (no boasting from my part, it's a case of "In the land of the blind one-eye is king" and I'm one-eye) and accepted the facts I listed. Which you were unable to debunk if I may add.
You're a pathetic excuse for a vertibrate.
Everything else you add is just too stupid to explain even with my modest vocabulary.
FCOL.

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:01 am

MadAce wrote:

You're completely retarded.

Belgica was a Roman province. Which isn't the same as the country that declared independence in 1830 (and arguably in 1790).
And even if you were referring to the ancient Belgians then you'd still be stupid as the people living in Belgica weren't "the Belgics" but the Belgae. It's also not "Belgiums" it's BELGIANS.
You don't have to say "Ignorance is Bliss". It's oozing out of your pores. If not then you would've recognized my clear intellectual superiority (no boasting from my part, it's a case of "In the land of the blind one-eye is king" and I'm one-eye) and accepted the facts I listed. Which you were unable to debunk if I may add.
You're a pathetic excuse for a vertibrate.
Everything else you add is just too stupid to explain even with my modest vocabulary.
FCOL.
/win