Weird things that make you proud!

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

User avatar
Moleman
Posts: 1837
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:13 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Weird things that make you proud!

Post by Moleman » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:36 pm

I was filled with paternal pride a few days ago when I was telling someone in work that my little girl used her potty for ther first time!

Afterwards it felt kinda wierd that my daughters toilet habits are now a matter of pride!!!

Anything else you're weirdly proud of... don't hold back! ;)

moleman

User avatar
Beyatch
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 5:45 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Weird things that make you proud!

Post by Beyatch » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:42 pm

ha! that is cute! i was proud friday and sunday my daughter went on a 15 minute car ride without crying. i went to work today and bragged how we brought her to the store. after i said it, i was thinking- wow that sounds so lame and silly to boast about! lol :oops: the little things people take for granted!

User avatar
gamanche
Posts: 1319
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:25 am
Location: a-c-e

Re: Weird things that make you proud!

Post by gamanche » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:25 am

that i finally got higher then a 60% on a test back in highschool

User avatar
Meliza-
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:24 am
Location: Arizona

Re: Weird things that make you proud!

Post by Meliza- » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:32 am

I can spot a gay a mile away.
:P

User avatar
Armor
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: Not England >: (

Re: Weird things that make you proud!

Post by Armor » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:28 am

Meliza- wrote:I can spot a gay a mile away.
:P
Come on, who can't?

User avatar
MadAce
Posts: 4280
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:12 pm

Re: Weird things that make you proud!

Post by MadAce » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:13 pm

Meliza- wrote:I can spot a gay a mile away.
:P
Yes. It is known gay people can do that with their GAYDAR.



Anyways.

I can lick my own elbow. Something deemed anatomically impossible. Screw you, science.

User avatar
Armor
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: Not England >: (

Re: Weird things that make you proud!

Post by Armor » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:49 pm

MadAce wrote:
Meliza- wrote:I can spot a gay a mile away.
:P
Yes. It is known gay people can do that with their GAYDAR.



Anyways.

I can lick my own elbow. Something deemed anatomically impossible. Screw you, science.
I almost can but my chin gets in the way at the last second. :(

Chicboy
Posts: 766
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:33 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Weird things that make you proud!

Post by Chicboy » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:26 pm

I can wiggle my nostrils... (without screwing up my face)

User avatar
-nox-
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: holland

Re: Weird things that make you proud!

Post by -nox- » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:52 pm

when I talk to my rubberducks and they have come up with some project that is just that little more evil, that little more cunning. I know it's details but it always makes me so proud. I love my rubberducks...

User avatar
ArdRhys4
Posts: 1862
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 12:22 am
Location: boundless sea and p4

Re: Weird things that make you proud!

Post by ArdRhys4 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:31 pm

I can dislocate my right thumb:P

User avatar
gothicorpunk
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:43 pm
Location: retired classic homeworld's president
Contact:

Re: Weird things that make you proud!

Post by gothicorpunk » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:04 pm

my dick is above average so google says

Venera
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:52 pm
Location: I am not a terrorist you know...

Re: Weird things that make you proud!

Post by Venera » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:06 pm

gothicorpunk wrote:my dick is above average so google says
My small little rainbow spy lovebird told me that your lieing :wink:

User avatar
glory
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:51 pm

Re: Weird things that make you proud!

Post by glory » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:07 pm

gothicorpunk wrote:my dick is above average so google says
omg gothic for the last time, it's an egg roll.

User avatar
Moleman
Posts: 1837
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:13 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Weird things that make you proud!

Post by Moleman » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:57 pm

Northern Ireland just featured in the St Patricks day episode of the Simpsons, when they visited Ireland Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie all visited the Giants Causeway which is in County Antrim, 30mins or so from my house :)

Image

moleman

User avatar
glory
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:51 pm

Re: Weird things that make you proud!

Post by glory » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:50 pm

Moleman wrote:Northern Ireland just featured in the St Patricks day episode of the Simpsons, when they visited Ireland Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie all visited the Giants Causeway which is in County Antrim, 30mins or so from my house :)

Image

moleman
amazing rock formation...

User avatar
Moleman
Posts: 1837
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:13 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Weird things that make you proud!

Post by Moleman » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:05 am

glory wrote:
Moleman wrote:Northern Ireland just featured in the St Patricks day episode of the Simpsons, when they visited Ireland Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie all visited the Giants Causeway which is in County Antrim, 30mins or so from my house :)

Image

moleman
amazing rock formation...
Yea, scientests try to tell us that the shapes were formed by rapidly cooling volcanic rock!

However we all know that it was actually build by the Irish giant Finn McCool, he build it to allow him to walk to Scotland to fight the Scottish giant Benandonner. Finn fell asleep before he got to Scotland. When he did not arrive, the much larger Benandonner crossed the bridge looking for him. To protect Finn, his wife Oonagh laid a blanket over him and pretended that he was actually their baby son, when Benandonner saw the size of the 'infant', he assumed his father, Finn, must be gigantic and Benandonner fled home in terror, ripping up the Causeway as he went.

True story!!

moleman

User avatar
glory
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:51 pm

Re: Weird things that make you proud!

Post by glory » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:25 am

Moleman wrote:
glory wrote:
Moleman wrote:Northern Ireland just featured in the St Patricks day episode of the Simpsons, when they visited Ireland Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie all visited the Giants Causeway which is in County Antrim, 30mins or so from my house :)

Image

moleman
amazing rock formation...
Yea, scientests try to tell us that the shapes were formed by rapidly cooling volcanic rock!

However we all know that it was actually build by the Irish giant Finn McCool, he build it to allow him to walk to Scotland to fight the Scottish giant Benandonner. Finn fell asleep before he got to Scotland. When he did not arrive, the much larger Benandonner crossed the bridge looking for him. To protect Finn, his wife Oonagh laid a blanket over him and pretended that he was actually their baby son, when Benandonner saw the size of the 'infant', he assumed his father, Finn, must be gigantic and Benandonner fled home in terror, ripping up the Causeway as he went.

True story!!

moleman
:o they have bullcrap in northern ireland too! no way

lol jk thats a very nice tale ;)

User avatar
Deathreape98
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:03 am
Location: making somebody look stupid

Re: Weird things that make you proud!

Post by Deathreape98 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:39 am

I can crack each of my knuckles, save my thumbs and ring fingers, just by bending my finger downwards.

User avatar
glory
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:51 pm

Re: Weird things that make you proud!

Post by glory » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:24 am

Deathreape98 wrote:I can crack each of my knuckles, save my thumbs and ring fingers, just by bending my finger downwards.
i hate it when people do that....disgusts me

User avatar
ArdRhys4
Posts: 1862
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 12:22 am
Location: boundless sea and p4

Re: Weird things that make you proud!

Post by ArdRhys4 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:49 pm

Deathreape98 wrote:I can crack each of my knuckles, save my thumbs and ring fingers, just by bending my finger downwards.
same

RockNation
Posts: 427
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:23 am
Location: Home Sweet Home

Re: Weird things that make you proud!

Post by RockNation » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:23 pm

Never broke anything in my life.

McGrod
Posts: 1837
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 5:50 am

Re: Weird things that make you proud!

Post by McGrod » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:42 pm

In the days of my physical peak (about time I started playing starport), I could go flat out on a punchbag for hours and eventually achieved to a point of exaustion of collapsing on the hay having a few breatsh max and returning to the intense work out for hours more.
Also having the ability to roar as a shout when in a heated debate on what is to go through to the customer and what is actually a pile of shite that needs to be rebuilt.

User avatar
Armor
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: Not England >: (

Re: Weird things that make you proud!

Post by Armor » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:09 pm

enchantress wrote:i can slow my heart beat down by 10 beats per min
I can slow it down to 0.

/shoot enchantress

User avatar
MadAce
Posts: 4280
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:12 pm

Re: Weird things that make you proud!

Post by MadAce » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:01 am

Weirdest of all:

I'm Belgian.

User avatar
Armor
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: Not England >: (

Re: Weird things that make you proud!

Post by Armor » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:10 pm

MadAce wrote:Weirdest of all:

I'm Belgian.
I understand Belgians invented putting mayonnaise on French fried potatoes. Thanks for that.

User avatar
MadAce
Posts: 4280
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:12 pm

Re: Weird things that make you proud!

Post by MadAce » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:23 pm

Armor wrote:
MadAce wrote:Weirdest of all:

I'm Belgian.
I understand Belgians invented putting mayonnaise on French fried potatoes. Thanks for that.
Belgians also invented modern maps, the saxophone, modern asphalt, the stroboscope, the internal combustion engine, French fries (wrongly named), electric railway, ...

But I do consider mayo on fries is the best one so far.

User avatar
Armor
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: Not England >: (

Re: Weird things that make you proud!

Post by Armor » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:25 pm

MadAce wrote:
Armor wrote:
MadAce wrote:Weirdest of all:

I'm Belgian.
I understand Belgians invented putting mayonnaise on French fried potatoes. Thanks for that.
Belgians also invented modern maps, the saxophone, modern asphalt, the stroboscope, the internal combustion engine, French fries (wrongly named), electric railway, ...

But I do consider mayo on fries is the best one so far.
Yeah, but who gives a BBQ about those things. Mayonnaise on fries ftw.

And what the hell is a stroboscope?

User avatar
MadAce
Posts: 4280
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:12 pm

Re: Weird things that make you proud!

Post by MadAce » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:28 pm

Armor wrote:
MadAce wrote:
Armor wrote:
I understand Belgians invented putting mayonnaise on French fried potatoes. Thanks for that.
Belgians also invented modern maps, the saxophone, modern asphalt, the stroboscope, the internal combustion engine, French fries (wrongly named), electric railway, ...

But I do consider mayo on fries is the best one so far.
Yeah, but who gives a BBQ about those things. Mayonnaise on fries ftw.

And what the hell is a stroboscope?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stroboscope

I really thought I had filtered out all complicated stuff (like the Solvay Process).

Anyways:

A stroboscope, also known as a strobe, is an instrument used to make a cyclically moving object appear to be slow-moving, or stationary. The principle is used for the study of rotating, reciprocating, oscillating or vibrating objects. Machine parts and vibrating strings are common examples.

User avatar
MegaMan
Posts: 638
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:24 am

Re: Weird things that make you proud!

Post by MegaMan » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:40 pm

I thought the Dutch invented mayonnaise on fries.

here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDMoTN6L6Q4

"You know what they put on fries in Holland instead of ketchup? Mayonnaise."

I think that pretty much proves it :)

User avatar
MadAce
Posts: 4280
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:12 pm

Re: Weird things that make you proud!

Post by MadAce » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:55 pm

MegaMan wrote:I thought the Dutch invented mayonnaise on fries.

here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDMoTN6L6Q4

"You know what they put on fries in Holland instead of ketchup? Mayonnaise."

I think that pretty much proves it :)
With all due immense respect for Mr Tarantino (I consider him a genuine Messiah of Good Filmaking)... He's wrong if he's suggesting that the Dutch invented this particular practice. And he's not actually suggesting this. Mr Vega (the character) said he experienced the Dutch applying mayo to their fries. Not that they invented this. The Dutch simply copied the Belgian cuisine.
Not surprising if you consider Dutch kitchen. (fries with peanut butter and coke with milk)

Post Reply