Basic Rules

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

Major.Arse

Basic Rules

Post by Major.Arse » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:53 am

1. DON'T TYPE IN ALL CAPS.
If you feel the need to capitalize a few word or sentences to make a point, that's fine. BUT PLEASE DON'T TYPE YOUR WHOLE GODDAM POST IN CAPS! IT'S hugging ANNOYING!

2. Punctuation and proper capitalization are your friends.
if you want people to take you seriously it helps to throw in some commas and periods every once in awhile theyre not hard to find and they make your posts looks much nicer it also helps people figure out where your sentences begin and end so its a good idea im not going to be a grammar nazi but please put forth some effort ok

3. Oh, one more thing...
You are not Detective Columbo. If you forget to say something in a reply, don't post a new one directly after it. Instead, you should EDIT your original post.

4. Picture size
Please be respectful of others and do not stretch out windows with unnecessarily large pictures. Any picture with a width exceeding 800 pixels is considered too large. If an image you want to post is too large, you have two options:

1. If you have uploaded the image somewhere yourself, resize it and try again.
2. If the image is hotlinked, resize it using HTML...although I don't know how to do this myself

5. And while we're on the subject of images...
Offensive images are not allowed on these forums. Any image containing sex, bodily waste, graphic violence, or graphic nudity shall be deemed offensive. Disturbing medical photos are also not permitted.

6. Banned word and phrases
The following words and phrases are banned: ima, prolly, Carson Daly is not a homo, sammich. If you break this rule, expect a polite but firm written warning.

7. Don't bump old topics for no reason.
Sooner or later, all threads die. That's just the way things go. When new members join the forums, there is inclination to jump into as many topics as possible. And while that is certainly encouraged, please do not revive threads that have been dead for a month or more unless you can contribute something new and interesting to the conversation. It is considered bad etiquette to revive old threads, especially topical ones.

8. Try to stay on the topic at hand.
Much like conversations, threads have a tendency to wander away from the original topic. Please try to avoid this as much as possible. This rule will NOT be strictly enforced, but be aware that the moderators can split offtopic posts into new threads as they see fit.

9. Be patient with your fellow forum members.
Although this site is written in English, the internet is an international community and English is not everyone's first language. Consequently, these forums receive visitors from all corners of the world. Please be considerate of others and do not mock them simply because their English isn't great. These forums have had a few bad eggs whose poor English skills and idiotic opinions turned them into nuisances, but please do not judge all foreigners based on these assholes.

10. Don't be dicks to each other.
Try to avoid petty name calling and heavy petting. These things can be entertaining sometimes, provided they don't get too malicious. Don't cross the line.

11. No racial slurs.
The use of racial slurs will not be tolerated in the Chute.

12. Don't re-edit modded posts.
From time to time, the moderators will edit posts that violate the forum guidelines. You will not always agree with our decisions and if you ever feel that one of your posts has been unjustly modded and should be changed back, you can private message an admin and make your case. .

13. Relevance: It's What's For Dinner
When creating a new topic, please give it a title that accurately describes the subject matter enclosed therein. Topic titles like "What the hell?" and "Oh my god!" are vague and unacceptable.

14. Don't be sluts.
Creating new topics just for the intention of raising post counts is silly. Silliness is encouraged, granted it's funny, don't cross the line of funny and whoring.

Click here to view the T.O.S for the entire site/game viewtopic.php?t=4290

This is April O'Neil signing off!

-Major.

EDIT: Locked/Changed to an announcement for obvious reasons.

Monkey

Post by Monkey » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:58 am

WHY THE HELL NOT MAJOR THIS IS THE BESTEST WAY TO TYPE A SENTENCE 8)

Moleman

Post by Moleman » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:22 am

/agree with your grammar point!! Remember kids, the English language is like a classy lady, she needs to be treated properly! ;)

Also I lol'd at point 3, 80's-tastic reference!! 8)

Seriously thought a good set of guidelines, can't see anyone having a problem with them.

/salute MA

moleman

Turkey

Post by Turkey » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:24 am

wtf? Ima kick your arse for this. Prolly after I finish this sammich.

McGrod

Post by McGrod » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:55 pm

I think you should add clearly in bold that what you say goes or else....otherwise some people may not quite get it.

Freedom of expression is not allowed if god mod dont like it.
Freedom of speech is allowed only if god mod allows it.
Freedom of individuality is forbidden if god mod sais so.

I trust these will be added above in bold and large letters so there can be no 'grey' areas in future.

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:14 pm

umm.. the word "prolly" is banned.. and i use it everyday.. so :twisted: eat my arse, major

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:40 am

This topic is so hilarious I almost fell on the floor. However, major.arse makes a good point. I will try to stay as close to the guidelines as possible.

Vermin

Post by Vermin » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:33 pm

No, pie is inferior to penguin casserole... or cake... OMG OR PENGUIN CASSEROLE CAKE!

Beyatch

Post by Beyatch » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:37 pm

i like pie too

Knives.
Location: If I tell you, your parents might file for a divorce.

Re: Basic Rules

Post by Knives. » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:59 pm

Major.Arse wrote:
P.S. I'll leave this open to discussion.
Hey Arse, you just violated the biggest rule regarding having rules:

Never leave rules open for discussion...

/slap Arse

Il Vero Vendicatore Scuro

Post by Il Vero Vendicatore Scuro » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:04 pm

Turkey wrote:wtf? Ima kick your arse for this. Prolly after I finish this sammich.
ima prolly beat arse's arse with an arse sammich

also doesnt rule 9 cancel 6 and 2 technically?

Beyatch

Re: Basic Rules

Post by Beyatch » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:06 pm

Knives. wrote:
Major.Arse wrote:
P.S. I'll leave this open to discussion.
Hey Arse, you just violated the biggest rule regarding having rules:

Never leave rules open for discussion...

/slap Arse
agreed, i wouldnt leave it open