What SGE people looks like :O

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

User avatar
M2-Destroyer
Posts: 1381
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:27 pm
Location: The Bonny, Bonny Banks of Loch Lomond!
Contact:

Re: What SGE people looks like :O

Post by M2-Destroyer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:18 am

0zzy wrote:Me again! ;p

Image
Mmmm .. Quality street ...

User avatar
Mel'Kaven
Posts: 2187
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:58 am
Location: Kittehville
Contact:

Re: What SGE people looks like :O

Post by Mel'Kaven » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:32 pm

0zzy wrote:Me again! ;p

Image

Image
Whos that pink top on the floor... And the blue spaghetti strap on your bed. I knew it. Transsexual. :lol:

0zzy
Posts: 926
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:32 pm
Location: P1, 11th, a new hope, BR, DF, P3, Pegasus Cluster, your mothers room.

Re: What SGE people looks like :O

Post by 0zzy » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:14 pm

Pink top is my GF's, she stayed over.

Blue thing, hug knows, my blue shirt? :S

User avatar
M2-Destroyer
Posts: 1381
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:27 pm
Location: The Bonny, Bonny Banks of Loch Lomond!
Contact:

Re: What SGE people looks like :O

Post by M2-Destroyer » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:21 pm

0zzy wrote:Pink top is my GF's, she stayed over.

Blue thing, hug knows, my blue shirt? :S

Aww did 0zzy get some? XD

User avatar
Major
Posts: 1100
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:26 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: What SGE people looks like :O

Post by Major » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:25 pm

M2-Destroyer wrote:
0zzy wrote:Pink top is my GF's, she stayed over.

Blue thing, hug knows, my blue shirt? :S

Aww did 0zzy get some? XD
Our lil boy is all grown up :cry:

0zzy
Posts: 926
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:32 pm
Location: P1, 11th, a new hope, BR, DF, P3, Pegasus Cluster, your mothers room.

Re: What SGE people looks like :O

Post by 0zzy » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:43 pm

Lmfao.

Post a pic about you, and trust Starportians to gather you "got some" from a tiny portion of the pic.

User avatar
GRAWRG.
Posts: 939
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: What SGE people looks like :O

Post by GRAWRG. » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:01 am

i doubt ozzy got any, and wtf is with people staring down every little detail in people's pics?

User avatar
omlow
Posts: 1733
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:26 pm
Location: The Ferrari Dealership
Contact:

Re: What SGE people looks like :O

Post by omlow » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:19 am

GRAWRG. wrote:i doubt ozzy got any, and wtf is with people staring down every little detail in people's pics?
because this is what attractive people seem (note i say seem) to do to them. therefore if they do it to other people they must be attractive.

it is purely psychological. if I make everyone else look bad then I must look good! i assume is the logic going on here.

of course, anyone who follows this logic will not believe it, and probably belittle me for stating it.

User avatar
Major
Posts: 1100
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:26 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: What SGE people looks like :O

Post by Major » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:28 am

omlow wrote:
GRAWRG. wrote:i doubt ozzy got any, and wtf is with people staring down every little detail in people's pics?
because this is what attractive people seem (note i say seem) to do to them. therefore if they do it to other people they must be attractive.

it is purely psychological. if I make everyone else look bad then I must look good! i assume is the logic going on here.

of course, anyone who follows this logic will not believe it, and probably belittle me for stating it.
haha noob ..wait. ...damnit!

User avatar
GRAWRG.
Posts: 939
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: What SGE people looks like :O

Post by GRAWRG. » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:46 am

lol. i didnt mean flaws really.. thats a totally different topic. i meant more along the lines of... hm, i guess the two are more related than i thought. i didnt mean like "GOTH YOU HAVE SO MUCH ACNE" or "GRAWRG YOU'RE FAT" i meant more like.. wow nice italian marble shower ichi! nice hand towel grawrg! nice pink tank top on the floor ozzy!

and i dont think picking out peoples flaws means you're attractive or unattractive, i just think it has to do with your self-esteem. (or you're male and/or an donkey)

User avatar
Mel'Kaven
Posts: 2187
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:58 am
Location: Kittehville
Contact:

Re: What SGE people looks like :O

Post by Mel'Kaven » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:23 am

GRAWRG. wrote:i doubt ozzy got any, and wtf is with people staring down every little detail in people's pics?
Thats some nice dust on your hardwoood floor you got there GRAWRG.

User avatar
omlow
Posts: 1733
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:26 pm
Location: The Ferrari Dealership
Contact:

Re: What SGE people looks like :O

Post by omlow » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:18 am

GRAWRG. wrote:and i dont think picking out peoples flaws means you're attractive or unattractive, i just think it has to do with your self-esteem. (or you're male and/or an donkey)
whether or not your attractive has everything to do with self esteem.
usually.
Major wrote:
omlow wrote:because this is what attractive people seem (note i say seem) to do to them. therefore if they do it to other people they must be attractive.

it is purely psychological. if I make everyone else look bad then I must look good! i assume is the logic going on here.

of course, anyone who follows this logic will not believe it, and probably belittle me for stating it.
haha noob ..wait. ...damnit!
raped

User avatar
omlow
Posts: 1733
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:26 pm
Location: The Ferrari Dealership
Contact:

Re: What SGE people looks like :O

Post by omlow » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:57 am

Dave34 wrote:I thought the size of your penis was the only relevant thing men cared about on their physical appearance?
you thought correct

User avatar
M2-Destroyer
Posts: 1381
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:27 pm
Location: The Bonny, Bonny Banks of Loch Lomond!
Contact:

Re: What SGE people looks like :O

Post by M2-Destroyer » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:56 am

omlow wrote:
Dave34 wrote:I thought the size of your penis was the only relevant thing men cared about on their physical appearance?
you thought correct
Indeed, ever wondered why 40 year olds buy Porche's? XD Compensate for small genatelia.


And @0zzy:

I like quality street, i can't help it!

User avatar
gothicorpunk
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:43 pm
Location: retired classic homeworld's president
Contact:

Re: What SGE people looks like :O

Post by gothicorpunk » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:26 am

Dave34 wrote:I thought the size of your penis was the only relevant thing men cared about on their physical appearance?
Correct thats why i love life i guess u can say i'm above average if u wanna put it nicely ;P

User avatar
omlow
Posts: 1733
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:26 pm
Location: The Ferrari Dealership
Contact:

Re: What SGE people looks like :O

Post by omlow » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:38 am

if your above the average, and i'm above the average, and every man is "above average" as every man claims, then surely we aren't actually above the average, because then it wouldn't be called the average :?

User avatar
GRAWRG.
Posts: 939
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: What SGE people looks like :O

Post by GRAWRG. » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:08 am

omlow wrote:
whether or not your attractive has everything to do with self esteem.
usually.
attractiveness is quite subjective. given there are plenty of people who the majority of the population can agree are unattractive, there are loads of people in the gray area, depending on who you're asking.

and i most certainly do NOT think that attractiveness has everything to do with your self-esteem. ive seen plenty of ugly people with high-self esteem, and fewer but still some attractive or ok people with low self-esteem.

User avatar
omlow
Posts: 1733
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:26 pm
Location: The Ferrari Dealership
Contact:

Re: What SGE people looks like :O

Post by omlow » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:32 am

GRAWRG. wrote:
omlow wrote:
whether or not your attractive has everything to do with self esteem.
usually.
attractiveness is quite subjective. given there are plenty of people who the majority of the population can agree are unattractive, there are loads of people in the gray area, depending on who you're asking.

and i most certainly do NOT think that attractiveness has everything to do with your self-esteem. ive seen plenty of ugly people with high-self esteem, and fewer but still some attractive or ok people with low self-esteem.
this is why i say usually.

like it or not attractiveness and self esteem are directly linked. why? our primal instinct to find a mate and have offspring. if we are unattractive, we will not find a mate, our genes will not survive, because they "aren't good enough" for humanity (low self esteem in this case being a feeling of "i'm not good enough"). of course there's more to it than that but if you really boiled it down this is what you would find.

and yes, attractiveness is entirely subjective. but so is self esteem.

do not try to out wit me.

User avatar
LordSturm
Posts: 859
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:08 pm
Location: spamming forums to get post count up :}

Re: What SGE people looks like :O

Post by LordSturm » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:50 am

plenty of ugly people have mates, just watch cmt's redneck weddings.

im not so sure our ancestors caveman instincts to procreate are as relevant in todays societies. If what you said was true that looks where what we mostly based our decisions on. then its logical to assume this isnt some new thought leanding us to believe then theoretically speaking ugly people (in your opinion) should be a very small minority.

There are a massive number of other decisions made based on someones decision to find a partner.

looks and self esteem are linked. but looks are by far not the only thing self esteem is linked too.

your application of darwinism i believe is flawed. you seem to have not only ignored the posibility of 2 unattractive people mating (continuing there genes) but also the reasons in which an attractive person might mate with an unattractive person.

the overall point is if only attractive peoples genes were to survive as you suggest, then only attractive people should exist today, in 200 years, in 2000 years and on and on.

User avatar
omlow
Posts: 1733
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:26 pm
Location: The Ferrari Dealership
Contact:

Re: What SGE people looks like :O

Post by omlow » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:01 am

LordSturm wrote:im not so sure our ancestors caveman instincts to procreate are as relevant in todays societies. If what you said was true that looks where what we mostly based our decisions on. then its logical to assume this isnt some new thought leanding us to believe then theoretically speaking ugly people (in your opinion) should be a very small minority.

your application of darwinism i believe is flawed. you seem to have not only ignored the posibility of 2 unattractive people mating (continuing there genes) but also the reasons in which an attractive person might mate with an unattractive person.
smarter than the average SGE forum whore i see.

the reasons in which an attractive person might mate with an unattractive person are unnecesarry in this debate, because (from what i've observed, maybe maybe not true but it's what forms my opinion) there are more attractive-attractive couples than attractive-unattractive couples.

unattractive-unattractive couples are an interesting thing. let's say the modern human's opinion of a caveman is "unattractive" which i'm sure is the case, then we can deduce that unattractive genes are older than attractive ones. therefore unattractive-unattractive genes are more susceptible to the negative affects of inbreeding (as the "waters" of the gene "pool" have had longer to mix)(also a darwin concept)
if only attractive peoples genes were to survive as you suggest, then only attractive people should exist today, in 200 years, in 2000 years and on and on.
Image
Image
as you can see we're certainly on the way.
having said that, attractiveness isn't as objective as genes, so in theory that will accelerate the process because even the slightest of slight differences or flaws in genetics in people will eventually become major differences between people, making the choice of who to kick out of the gene pool easy. so in the future the differences between attractive and unattractive will literally be less, but it will not feel like it to people of the time and they will be just as particular in choosing a mate. why? they won't know any better, and the instincts of our ancestors (of which the differences between attractive and unattractive we can assume were enormous) will still be in effect.

User avatar
LordSturm
Posts: 859
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:08 pm
Location: spamming forums to get post count up :}

Re: What SGE people looks like :O

Post by LordSturm » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:26 pm

in order to "kick" people out of the gene pool will require alot more than just personal choice. countless marriages between people with genetically passable diseases stick together. If the drive to make sure we dont mate with anyone with any flaws existed we would be seeing a severe drop in passable genetic diseases instead of a rise.

also stating that we are on a path to attractiveness by showing that as a whole we are more attractive than our ancestors is kind of a stretch. To our ancestors way back, they would consider something hairy like your picture of an early human something of "beauty" and normal because hair like that was a survival tool. they would view something relatively hairless (modern human) as the defect.

the problem is in itself stating that on a whole we are more attractive now then what we used to be as humans. what are we measuring it against? our own opinions of what beauty is?


that all being said. Beauty is what initially attracts people to other people, it is the driving force on what initially brings a possible couple together (generally speaking) but it (in my opinion) is not the glue that keeps them together.

User avatar
GRAWRG.
Posts: 939
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: What SGE people looks like :O

Post by GRAWRG. » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:15 pm

i think lord got what i meant where you clearly didnt omlow. back to your original post on this subject, you said that "attractiveness has everything to do with self esteem. usually" .. which i take as meaning that for most people self esteem is totally dependent on attractiveness. which is a false statement.

"self esteem is entirely subjective" .. i disagree with that statement also. you're saying that there are people who can listen to someone complain about how they look 24/7, dress modestly always, let themselves be treated like BBQ... and then think that that person doesnt have low self esteem? i dont think so.

i totally missed the jump from self esteem to ugly people not having sex :roll:

User avatar
omlow
Posts: 1733
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:26 pm
Location: The Ferrari Dealership
Contact:

Re: What SGE people looks like :O

Post by omlow » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:09 pm

LordSturm wrote:countless marriages between people with genetically passable diseases stick together.
highly plausible and i do not disagree, but these genes will amplify within a number of generations, and will eventually kill the carrier of the genes before they are old enough to mate.

User avatar
LordSturm
Posts: 859
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:08 pm
Location: spamming forums to get post count up :}

Re: What SGE people looks like :O

Post by LordSturm » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:46 am

omlow wrote:
LordSturm wrote:countless marriages between people with genetically passable diseases stick together.
highly plausible and i do not disagree, but these genes will amplify within a number of generations, and will eventually kill the carrier of the genes before they are old enough to mate.
actually that is probably the last thing that would happen with things like aids and other diseases. there is a reason aids and other genetically passed diseases kill so slowly. that is to allow for them to be passed to another carrier.

if you happen to have scientific evidence that each new generations aids carriers are dying younger i would be fascinated to see it.

MuTAnT
Posts: 1348
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:19 pm

Re: What SGE people looks like :O

Post by MuTAnT » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:31 pm

Here's a photo of me passed out somewhere. Enjoy!
Image

User avatar
GRAWRG.
Posts: 939
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: What SGE people looks like :O

Post by GRAWRG. » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:08 pm

lmao. ew.

Catfish
Posts: 1896
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 7:47 pm
Contact:

Re: What SGE people looks like :O

Post by Catfish » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:47 pm

what exactly is that left hand doing?.. :lol:

User avatar
nine-breaker
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:48 am
Location: Locked in epic battle with Morgoth

Re: What SGE people looks like :O

Post by nine-breaker » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:11 pm

I've seen that picture on the internet before... so I really hope that isn't you. :P

MuTAnT
Posts: 1348
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:19 pm

Re: What SGE people looks like :O

Post by MuTAnT » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:28 pm

What really?

For the record someone else shoved my hand down my pants.

User avatar
GRAWRG.
Posts: 939
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: What SGE people looks like :O

Post by GRAWRG. » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:07 am

nine said the same thing about copler but it was never confirmed. im starting to think he needs to stop looking at pictures of teenage boys on the internet, its driving him mad o.o

Post Reply