No
63%
Needs work (plz post your edits)
19%

Total votes: 16

xi

Vote on new ship

Post by xi » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:12 am

read the ship before you vote...be very careful you only get one vote...

Creator: XI
Type: Sonic Boom
Price: 3mil 10k admiral tokens (maybe a new admiral token ship will earn some cash for the game) 25 colony caps, 100kills, and 1mil xp
Shields: 18k
Cargo Holds: 100-150
Equiptment Bays: 10
Max speed: 10,000
Turning: 90
Thrust: 900
Energy regen: 9
Warp: 8
special weapon: sonic boom (of course)
Activated by tab
uses 500 energy
releases an explosion from the center of the ship, like a big circle that goes outward (like the size of a large planet...not as big as a gas giant). It does 500dmg depending on how close the enemy is, reduces enemies speed/thrust/turn/energy regen as a stun effect, this only lasts like 6 seconds
Explosion does not dmg your ship, but does dmg your allies a smidge

Pitch: not great for capping cols, but can be very successful if used well in combat, this ship is only recommended for the most skilled pilots, it is basically a suped up IG ship, but is much more difficult to use it's secondary successfully

xi

Post by xi » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:13 am

if i wasnt clear enough about the secondary weapon plz let me know...

DarkLordSauron

Post by DarkLordSauron » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:49 am

sonic boom sounds similar to that CEO one i posted a while ago, but yeah it doesnt sound bad...but maybe 25col caps is a little excessive, i mean it then limits the number of people who can have it.

petertje

Post by petertje » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:39 am

the requirements are quite unlike any other ship... 25 col caps = easy (cols can also be undefended crap ones) 100 kills possible in any perma but will be hard for rebangs (can make it to 100 but then the game doesn't take long enough anymore to make it usefull) 1mil xp makes it only for permas and money + tokens, how you want to pay for that? in the admiral club and the shipyard at the same?

about the special weapon: no

Freakazoid

Post by Freakazoid » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:46 pm

Erm, Sonic Boom? Last time I checked, there was no air in space... :roll:

pcman18-destroy

Post by pcman18-destroy » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:14 pm

Well it is about time that we has some new ships, don't you think. However it seems a bit too powerful.

Type: Sonic Boom
Price: 2,500,000
Shields: 14k
Cargo Holds: 100
Equiptment Bays: 8
Max speed: 9,000
Turning: 70
Thrust: 700
Energy regen: 9
Warp: 9
Special weapon: sonic boom: this releases an explosion from the center of the ship (rather like the IG fire wave) outward from the ship (a range of a few inches). It does up to 600 damage depending on how close the enemy is and uses 500 energy

petertje

Post by petertje » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:42 pm

pcman's idea sounds alot better i have to say....

milo

Post by milo » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:45 pm

haven't checked yet xi but i think you used my ship posting format. if you haven't already i would like it if you posted it in my post, "post all new ships here" thanks.
Well it is about time that we has some new ships, don't you think
i posted 10 new ships!!!!!!!!!!! under "Post All New Ships Here!" what are you talking about no new ship ideas

this special type of weapon idea has been arround a while, but it is nice to finally see someone put the rest of the stats with it.

about the ship... it is a bit powerful and the requirements are a bit many, however i like the idea in general, all it needs is a bit of revising

milo

Post by milo » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:47 pm

xi mabe you should consider some of pcman's revisions

xi

Post by xi » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:30 pm

yes but if you are forking over 10k tokens you want a good ship...
it has to be able 2 compete w/ the 16k shields...and it should be the fastest...but b/c of its 2nd weapon it would suck at invading...

DarkLStrike

Post by DarkLStrike » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:20 pm

milo wrote:haven't checked yet xi but i think you used my ship posting format. if you haven't already i would like it if you posted it in my post, "post all new ships here" thanks.
giving yourself too much credit? theres ship format here: viewtopic.php?t=4371

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:47 pm

I do agree that we need some new ships but I have been watching people's posts and i understand why the devs have not yet implemented anybodies ideas

People need to look at the devs example when making ship ideas
Obviously they want the max shields to be 16k since the three most powerful ships all have 16k shields so if u want ur ship considered it shouldnt go over that and it definately shouldnt have better stats than the igs and most importantly it shouldnt radically alter gameplay only make it more interesting

Now that i have said that i think what we need is a ship like the isc/sethdar that will have its own unique weopon but will not overpower the isc/sethdar or perhaps another ship like the battleship as a second option to invading when u dont have the rep to get the isc or seth or are too far away from the piratebase

Stiffler

Post by Stiffler » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:51 am

Pcmans idea is better, and then on ur 3rd post ur right, so 16k sheilds is more fair, no reason to have more than 8 holds. but then again if u dont no body would buy it, cause besides speed there is no reason it better than the isc, i think torp does 4-5 hundred dammage.

duece

Post by duece » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:43 pm

WAAAAAAYYYY to overpowered, ppl buy the ig at 10k tokens, an this is supposed to be faster with more shield? And an easier to use special? The requirements are too easy to reach, but still hard enough to screw over some newbs. Would not be a good addition to the game.