(idea) able to trade resources to players outside of system

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Where we are allowed to trade resources outisde of same system with other players

no
94%
yes
6%

Total votes: 16

giroro

(idea) able to trade resources to players outside of system

Post by giroro » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:31 pm

I mean, its so annoying how u have to waste so much warp fuel running all that time. Saves us some time while building colonies or when we need spice to change into warp fuel. :D :lol: :wink: :o :) xd .

Elemayo

Post by Elemayo » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:24 pm

Would offset the balance of the game.

Nomad

Re: (idea) able to trade resources to players outside of sys

Post by Nomad » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:12 pm

giroro wrote:I mean, its so annoying how u have to waste so much warp fuel running all that time.
i think that's the point, it's not supposed to be easy. If i could transfer resources, i'd built all day long. Get a corp mate to sit on a desert or ocean that's loaded with 50k of each resource and just trade them all, any planet, anywhere could be built in the matter of minutes. Not saying I wouldn't like to be able to do that, but it would screw up the whole game.

mentalbutcher

Post by mentalbutcher » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:48 pm

Money and tokens are digits, that's why they can be beamed, resources and guns are material, and cannot be beamed through the universe...

xi

Post by xi » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:04 am

soooooooo easy to exploit...just building colonies from miles away lol...
2ppl + 1 fully loaded w/ recources = tons of easy building...

Tux

Post by Tux » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:22 am

I support this idea, for the obvious reason of that I could soooo easily win rebangs with it.

duece

Post by duece » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:17 am

Tux wrote:I support this idea, for the obvious reason of that I could soooo easily win rebangs with it.
Everyone else would be using it to... unless theyre retarded of course. But why would you even brag about beating ppl like them. You're a horrible person :)

But um yah bad idea

Tux

Post by Tux » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:01 am

robotchicken wrote:
Tux wrote:I support this idea, for the obvious reason of that I could soooo easily win rebangs with it.
Everyone else would be using it to... unless theyre retarded of course. But why would you even brag about beating ppl like them. You're a horrible person :)

But um yah bad idea
lol, you over estimate their intelligence! lol, but nah, there would still be the issue of finding the right ports/systems that you could use it to effectively win it.

Maniacus

Post by Maniacus » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:25 am

Before everyone goes crazy over my vote of no... Allow me to point out why I voted that way.

Part of the game is dealing with treaties, and trapps. On one hand I'm sure you could find it easy to get someone to trade you spice for fuel this way.. However right now I'd assumne your primary reason for this is to avoid giving your location to somone on the chance they might attack...

By suggesting this you are suggesting nerfing the game again in a way which takes most of the risk out of trusting another player in a time of need.

Also if you din't notice your fuel was low when you had time to do something about it you have dug your own grave and should have to lie in it. Take a chance, hope nobody comes along.. People do it all the time, sometimes they are found and sometimes they are not.

If you take this away from the game you remove yet another element of risk which makes the game fun and exciting.

MegaMan

Post by MegaMan » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:35 am

Maniacus wrote:Before everyone goes crazy over my vote of no...
How DARE you and 13 other people vote no! What is wrong with you all, not wanting to upset the entire structure of the game?!! I mean it's not like anything except the WHOLE GAME would be jacked by this! RAWR you people drive me MAD! You and your LOGIC!!!!!!!1

mentalbutcher

Post by mentalbutcher » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:37 am

@mm
lol XD

Maniacus

Post by Maniacus » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:21 am

You know what... Most people set the yes option at top... I instingtively voted with the bottom option.... I think I gave it it's one yes vote... lol

Crosseyed

Post by Crosseyed » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:11 am

Words fail to describe how stupid this idea is.