button!
67%
no button..
33%

Total votes: 15

Luumukukko

corping colonies

Post by Luumukukko » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:12 pm

When you change corp or something like that, there should be one button to corp all your planets.

It's pretty annoying to fly around the galaxy to corp your planets.

I just thought that this could be a good improve.

what do ya think?

Tux

Post by Tux » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:53 pm

*marks tally*

Yep, that makes one thousand and one times this has been asked even specifically after they said this would not happen....

Maniacus

Post by Maniacus » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:57 pm

Not to mention most players don't corp ALL their colonies. Perhaps together with check boxes in the holdings menu and a check all option to save time, a player could then unselect the colonies he wants to keep private and then corp the rest.

But the one or other approach would annoy people who would be forced to corp all and then uncorp each they want to keep private.

Jiachi
Location: Earth, vandalizing tunnels to keep the colonial flow going *shh, don't tell*

Post by Jiachi » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:21 pm

Maniacus wrote:Not to mention most players don't corp ALL their colonies. Perhaps together with check boxes in the holdings menu and a check all option to save time, a player could then unselect the colonies he wants to keep private and then corp the rest.

But the one or other approach would annoy people who would be forced to corp all and then uncorp each they want to keep private.
Fuel is still burned, so having it act as 'all-or-nothing' would probably seem more 'reasonable' when tossing it to/at Toonces. :mrgreen:

Maniacus

Post by Maniacus » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:25 pm

My idea was sort of a workaround for the fuel issue....

Check box on each colony would allow you to make a selection.

Check all button would make selecting colonies to corp easier as you could uncheck the ones you want to leave personal.

Then the Corp button would corp all planets checked, or you could check a colony again and click the corp button to uncorp the colony again if you made a mistake.

This would both prevent having to spend fuel to corp a colony, and allow you to corp and uncorp any colony you choose or multiple colonies at will.

This wouldn't be all or nothing, I just must not have explained it well the first time.

Jiachi
Location: Earth, vandalizing tunnels to keep the colonial flow going *shh, don't tell*

Post by Jiachi » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:44 pm

Toonces wants corping to a new group to be fuel-consumingly anal so that people don't make changing them too casual of a choice. This is why I'm saying that the idea stated in the first post would be more plausible than a completely fuel-burning-free checklist. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Jiachi on Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tux

Post by Tux » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:44 pm

I repeat, they said a "corp all" button won't be put in, empires are supposed to be hard to run, and they want it to mean something to be in a corp and being able to transfer corps willy nilly isn't what they want.

Luna

Post by Luna » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:45 pm

Make it cost you a gallon of warp fuel for each colony you corp or something along that line. If you have 300 colonies, there went 300 fuel. Might make you less likely to corp hop frequently. Some variation could be made where it costs you fuel to have the convenience of the button.

Zavrith

Post by Zavrith » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:10 pm

As Tux is saying, it's already been asked for. Some have suggested a fee of maybe a couple thousand tokens for the corp all button, but no, it's just not going to happen.

Khayman

Post by Khayman » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:07 am

Didnt bother to read replies..check my stickied post entitled "Pre-Posted Popular Ideas" pretty sure I mentioned this in there.