[Idea] Inactivity penalties for Pax games

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Should Pax games have exp penalties for inactivity?

Yes.
63%
No.
38%

Total votes: 8

Buzz Lightyear

[Idea] Inactivity penalties for Pax games

Post by Buzz Lightyear » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:45 pm

I`m talking about Pax Pleiades mainly but I think this happens on other Pax games too. Top players sitting on their 10 mil exp and logging in only once a month to keep their account alive. I know Pk games have an inactivity penalty and I`m not proposing the same thing here yet, just asking if you think we need a penalty for not playing on a regular basis so as to help the real players climb the board. Ideas to what the penalties should be would be appreciated.

Tux

Post by Tux » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:51 pm

What is the point... the only reason anyone would want to be in top ten is so people you kill always get broadcast, and since it is Pax. :roll:

Buzz Lightyear

Post by Buzz Lightyear » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:37 pm

The point is, as I have stated, top players are logging in for 10 minutes a month and keeping all their exp preventing regular players climbing the leader board. Since you don`t even play on the server in question I don`t even know why you are bothering to post a reply.

Vulg

Post by Vulg » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:57 pm

Because he is a forum whore....

Buzz I understand what you are saying. One of the reasons that leaving Starport was not as painful as it has been in the past was because of that penalty they have on the PK servers.

I dont know if you were around during the time of score adjusts but they were the better then the current system.

I am sure over time Toonces will figure something that works for everyone.

Tux

Post by Tux » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:06 pm

Vulg wrote:Because he is a forum whore....

Buzz I understand what you are saying. One of the reasons that leaving Starport was not as painful as it has been in the past was because of that penalty they have on the PK servers.

I dont know if you were around during the time of score adjusts but they were the better then the current system.

Yes, yes, forum whore.... and just because I don't play that server doesn't mean squat.

Yes, score adjusts were awesome. Should I ever meet Dolphin I may strangle him. :evil:

Buzz Lightyear

Post by Buzz Lightyear » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:02 pm

Vulg wrote: I dont know if you were around during the time of score adjusts but they were the better then the current system.

Score adjusts were so much better, it gave everyone something to play for and made the servers busy on a Friday too. I know lots of players who would love to go back to that system but I think Toonces is more progresive than regresive ( has a game change ever been revoked due to bad reactions from players?)

BLADE2

Post by BLADE2 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:27 pm

How about this: Players inactive for a set amount of time are removed from PAX protection and can be killed by other players, obviously by being a sleeper. I get sick of seeing the same offline players in my system just sitting there with nothing to do about it.

Brande

Post by Brande » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:09 pm

Something should be done with this. Without pk and invasions, building and the resulting xp are the only competitive part of pax. Take that away, and there is no more "game" to it.

Any of the solutions presented previously would be great, whether it's bringing back score adjust or adding an xp penalty for inactivity. Warpmaster's idea from a couple of months ago would be fine too. He suggested ranking by number of followers.

Mua'Dib

Post by Mua'Dib » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:54 pm

Pax needs score resets, and i dont even thing rep resets really matter there.

Genesis

Post by Genesis » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:09 am

Score reset, or even a full wipe on PE, would be nice.
The only reason XP matters is for robbing and such...
Other than that, everything's worthless, and you manage colonies all day.