Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

MillionthVector

Jump Gate

Post by MillionthVector » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:51 pm

APNG image:

Cost 10,000,000 credits
Desc:
Can be purchased at any major starport, costs 50 spice and the normal warp fuel rate to use. The jumper has to have the spice in their inventory, it is subtracted as the jump is made. The jump gate can be shot down, and can be used by anyone, it disintegrates after 150 uses. Only the jump gates owner can set its destination. The destination cannot be changed and a jump gate cannot be removed once placed.

Non animated version if your browser doesn't support APNG:

Zangetsu

Re: Jump Gate

Post by Zangetsu » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:08 pm

me likes, would make it easier to build say ur arm is 60hops+ toonces do it :)

DaPirate

Post by DaPirate » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:27 am

Yea, i like the idea, good for builders for easier building but also good for invaders for possible locs on where people are building, could also be a good tactic to run through and shoot it down as if it seal yourself away :)

FortyTwoAxes

Post by FortyTwoAxes » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:22 am

Seems a bit over powered lol

but seems fun

If you could, Just set like 5 of these in one system all next to each other, and jump in a random one to confuse some one chasing you, as long as they're off screen they wouldn't know which one you jumped in :twisted:

duece

Post by duece » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:18 pm

This is one of those rare ideas that sounds cool and actually would make the game more interesting. I like it.

Maybe it should be limited to systems that are close to each other on the galaxy map (but number of hops doesn't matter). Letting it have unlimited range would probably be too much.