new server-fighters

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

GuardianDragon

new server-fighters

Post by GuardianDragon » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:24 pm

haha, I don't expect all my ideas to become reality, but one idea can spark another, so it's always good to say anything appropriate for improving the game.

New Server: no missles
The purpose for this server is for the hard core dogfighters to shine. No missiles (including SM's), only base weapons. No stock mod, let the people customize their ships. don't worry, 8 flights won't help much when there's no missiles to run from. And you can overcome 8 plates by your skill and maneuverability. This type of combat gives all experienced SGE players a fair chance.
For the planets: all turrets (including solar) must have less attack, slower re attack, and probably less HP. Higher military is a bit different, it increases turret HP, but instead of increasing re attack, I think it should increase bullet speed (how can you evade 1k bullets, nah, lets just make it hard by making it difficult to evade). With this, it makes invading still possible without missiles, but still tough (in a different way).

Corp size:2
fuel regen: very high

Mr Cow

Re: new server-fighters

Post by Mr Cow » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:23 pm

latio idk how you expect to kill ANY one with torps, granted we have some very skilled torpers ;), but unless your having a fair 1v1 you can NOT stop someone from running away with out nukes/negs. And good luck torping out planets.

GuardianDragon

Re: new server-fighters

Post by GuardianDragon » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:57 pm

good point, maybe this server should wait until after we get some new weapons XD