player made events

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

GuardianDragon

player made events

Post by GuardianDragon » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:21 pm

This is an idea, but if you guys agree with it maybe Toonces can move it to "The Tavern"
I think this game lacks change, and I think we should have events. I also play Ace Online and they have a huge war every weekend. where motherships spawn and the two nations have a war.
I was thinking we could do something similar, except without the involvement of the GM, so it's really just a little thing that we can agree on doing.
Here's an example of an event: we'll have a Free For All in Golden Age in the system "insert system here". This means that for the time that we decide to have the event go on for, people can come to that system and have a huge PVP.
We can be creative, someone could organize a tournament and the winner could win like, 50 mill credits, or maybe tokens if someone's willing to use some.

The idea is really just to add something to do, and make a time where people can get together.

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Re: player made events

Post by Saber-Fury » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:15 am

i feel bad for you you post like 4 threads and no replies lol :(

most of the ideas here are never even read, much less implemented. Why? The game's being run by only one guy, who already has tons of other ideas he already knows he likes but no means to implement them :?

GuardianDragon

Re: player made events

Post by GuardianDragon » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:49 pm

lol, it's fine, I'm surprised the threads have so many views.

I'm just trying to help in whatever way I can. lol It's possible Toonces might like one of these more than whatever his next idea is. And anyway, he'll finish his list someday...I hope? haha. XD
Besides, that's why I actually posted this idea, player events. The players take a bit of a lead and do something, so Toonces can continue to do things and we can mix things up a bit on our own. You have a good point, that no one really reads this section, I might just start a new thread in The Tavern introducing the idea, and see how many people will jump in.