new missiles

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

GuardianDragon

new missiles

Post by GuardianDragon » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:34 am

For some reason a huge collection of possible new missiles came to mind mind over night.

EMP missile: does about 500 damage and shocks engine, so you can't move for only about 2 seconds, not as much as a full EMP
Energy missile: maybe again about 500 damage, hit away more energy
Anti-gravity missile: When you get hit it knocks you in a random direction. (questionable for damage)
Rocket?: strait forward attack, like a nuke but more space in the missile to add power instead of aiming, so like 3000 damage.

flower missile: Shoots over turrets and ships, goes in a strait line, it blows up after a distance, and releases the attack "Flower Power" at the place it blows up.
Repel missile: self explanatory of the missile above.

Edit: (ah ha! one did come back! but now...just how to describe it...)
Rapid fire missile: this one is kind of strange, it shoots guided missiles very quickly but moves at basic speed. does about 100 damage each missile, takes like 50 energy to fire each? And the holds are possibly complicated, each hold carrys (lets say) 20 of these missiles, and the hold doesn't empty until their all gone.

Edit2: All these missiles are Militarily specialized weapons. Only the U.N. are authorized to manufacture. Meaning, Toonces, don't worry about adding all these into Weapon Factories. And since they are "Specialized" they never go on ship secondary. It's like the nuke and neg, they go in the hardware. These are just some of the small things to give players more options on how to fight a fight. Keep in mind they are "specialized" most of these are good for one purpose, and are very good at what they do.
. . . . . . .
There where more missiles, but the dream is starting to fade. But no matter how much it fades.....it was an epic dream. wish it told me what the cool ships did. lolz
I guess most of these would have a good use mostly on blitz. Where the dream took place.
Last edited by GuardianDragon on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

KingDemon

Re: new missiles

Post by KingDemon » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:40 pm

These are just other ships specials with 'missile' on the end and do a little damange.

However the flower power would be good on blitz all you have to do is rapid fp and it blows up and they might not be able to see the dome or defences. BINGO!<3

GuardianDragon

Post by GuardianDragon » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:51 pm

actually I thought into this during school today, I'll do a second edit for it

Jeb

Post by Jeb » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:59 am

They are pretty much just the ship specials, I think the rocket and EMP missile would be pretty sweet though.

But the EMP would be hardly useful at only 2 secs, maybe 5 or 6 but reduced availability?

Perhaps they can be made on cols, at a severely reduced rate?

e.g.
10.0 nuke/day = 4.0 rocket/day = 3.0 emp missile/day

I mean BBQ. Can't be that hard to do that, I could make some rocket skins myself.

GuardianDragon

Post by GuardianDragon » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:50 am

-oh I get what you mean by "other ship specials". Yep, that's what some of them are, but at a range with some damage. the rockets can't replace the real weapons from the way they function.
When I was typing the ideas I was thinking of these missiles to be little things to help at certain times. The little things to give you a more strategic advantage over your enemy.
-like on blitz, there's a ton of people on the dome FPing or repelling and such, you can go at the right distance and get the FP or repel rocket right on top of them and it would give your team a chance through their defenses. Or get the repel rocket stuck at the elbow of the wall next to them and push everyone away from a different angle. If you see someone is chasing your low teammate, you can put their engines off for a second or two and put them off balance giving your teammate the time to run, and you don't need perfect aim to shoot them from across the map to do that like you'd have to need to use the emp.
-I didn't think the emp missile would be good to last for a long time because it's a missile...it does damage and really can't be avoided. It would be to easy to carry 8 of these missiles and stop someone from across the map for 40 seconds. But my thinking may be off, I could be exaggerating the effect in my mind, 5 seconds might be better, it needs testing.
-Though I also would like to these in WF's, I can't imagine how the WF would look with it's current settings to add 6 new missiles, it's list would go off the screen. lol (add one gotta add them all to be fair) But it's mainly up to Toonces about this one.

We need Toonces's expert balancing to tell the strength of these missiles.

Jeb

Post by Jeb » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:08 pm

Yeah fair point, but the GUI's need updated anyways, and as for the emp missiles (idk bout other ones), they should probably do very little or no damage.

GuardianDragon

Post by GuardianDragon » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:35 pm

yea I was thinking about maybe 500 damage? that seems pretty little. But that's a good idea, the Anti-gravity missile should actually do no damage. I'll change my first post for that.
it would be cool if these had cooler names but...they are exactly what the weapon is just as a ranged version.

btw, what is the GUI?
Now the next step...convincing Toonces to make these. Any ideas to persuade Toonces to do these sooner? I don't know what Toonces's plan for the future of Starport is...so it's hard to tell weather of not he'll agree with this. We need to bring up good points...I'll think about this a bit latter.
I have a job and the primary thing I do is to make drop downs for a site. XD I use a drop down that already exists and make small changes. I would think these missiles would be the same, take the neg, throw in a new picture, change the values for damage and whatnot, add the function for the EMP affect and ect. It doesn't sound hard to me since everything already exists...but maybe something like this is different than drop downs. lol

Jeb

Post by Jeb » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:01 am

graphic user interface -- all the interfaces you use in the game. They're pretty old, dude. GUI's would definitely come before new content like missiles.

GuardianDragon

Post by GuardianDragon » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:21 pm

Oh yea, GUI would definitely be updated before much else happens. I don't know much about this though? how hard is it to do that?