a new cloak or change the current one

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

feenix
Location: Join the SGE community in TeamSpeak, url: ygss.dyndns.org

a new cloak or change the current one

Post by feenix » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:46 pm

personnally i use the cloak, great when npc in system and come out with low shields while invading to make sure u don't get hit. but i would love to see a new cloak. called phasing cloak, you can't fire any weapons while it is on, and reason for that is since you are phased u aren't in the same dimension has everyone else. there is no scanners for this, nor do i want one to be. i would like to use cloak and know, no one can see me.

i think this is balanced because even tho no one can see me in the system i can't fire at them untill i turn cloak off thereby exposing my self. i was also thinking that this cloak would work inside a col when invading but again, can't fire anything at lasers. and also can't cap with cloak on. but this last section is just an idea. that is what i would like to see, altho i am sure plp would say it would mess up invading too much, would make it too easy, and i would agree with them but still i would love to see this :D

Mel'Kaven

Re: a new cloak or change the current one

Post by Mel'Kaven » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:16 am

feenix wrote:personnally i use the cloak, great when npc in system and come out with low shields while invading to make sure u don't get hit. but i would love to see a new cloak. called phasing cloak, you can't fire any weapons while it is on, and reason for that is since you are phased u aren't in the same dimension has everyone else. there is no scanners for this, nor do i want one to be. i would like to use cloak and know, no one can see me.

i think this is balanced because even tho no one can see me in the system i can't fire at them untill i turn cloak off thereby exposing my self. i was also thinking that this cloak would work inside a col when invading but again, can't fire anything at lasers. and also can't cap with cloak on. but this last section is just an idea. that is what i would like to see, altho i am sure plp would say it would mess up invading too much, would make it too easy, and i would agree with them but still i would love to see this :D

No still unbalanced:

Leave cloak, fire nukes, cloak. = never get hit.

feenix

Post by feenix » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:44 pm

ok then no cloak while invading, how about in space? is that cool?

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:58 pm

feenix wrote:ok then no cloak while invading, how about in space? is that cool?
More of like a cooldown, if you stop cloaking you have to wait 10 seconds before you can cloak again. Sounds good. Also, people cloud slide to easily in this, any balancing for that?

feenix

Post by feenix » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:24 pm

ya that's a good idea. make it so u can cloak in col but wait 10 secs to recloak i like that
Mel'Kaven wrote: Also, people cloud slide to easily in this, any balancing for that?
what do you mean exactly? im not familiar to this

ohhh lmao. could easily slide.... i got it now

well..... make it so on a planet only that when you uncloak you are visible for 2-5 secs, before you are able to do anything like fire nuke or cap a col. this way you can't get right next to dome, uncloak and cap before solar fires at you. this would let time for solar to turn around and whoop your donkey for trying to cap the cheap way..

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:51 pm

It;s a good idea, but this is toonces we;re talking about - he has NEVER made new weapons, even when he did mods - he just took the TAB weps off his ships - trust me, Toonces is too lazy to create a weapon.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:51 pm

It;s a good idea, but this is toonces we;re talking about - he has NEVER made new weapons, even when he did mods - he just took the TAB weps off his ships - trust me, Toonces is too lazy to create a weapon.

feenix

Post by feenix » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:19 am

agreed, sometimes i wander how he still in business

P-i-m-p

Post by P-i-m-p » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:52 am

feenix wrote:agreed, sometimes i wander how he still in business

feenix

Post by feenix » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:12 pm

P-i-m-p wrote:
and then i stop so i don't get a headache and he's not worth it.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:26 am

feenix wrote:
P-i-m-p wrote:
and then i stop so i don't get a headache and he's not worth it.
I doubt he even reads the research lab :/

feenix

Post by feenix » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:52 am

are you kidding me? he prob doesn't read this forum unless a mod tells him an idea is worth it

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:46 am

feenix wrote:are you kidding me? he prob doesn't read this forum unless a mod tells him an idea is worth it
He reads forums, but its easier to suggest an idea and get everyone to vote on it and then somehow try to personally give him reasoning behind the idea; or, if its simply easy to code, then he will do it right then and there.

feenix

Post by feenix » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:26 pm

lately he seems to ignore us, i saw him on tryed talking to him, as him and i have talked before about the game. but this time he just ignored me completly

Voltage

Post by Voltage » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:34 am

Typical Toonces. :roll:

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:22 am

Voltage wrote:Typical Toonces. :roll:

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:55 pm

Maybe he was afk! :O! so shocking

feenix

Post by feenix » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:46 am

doughtfull but meh! maybe he took a nice after eating the mouse, and mousepad. probably fell asleep on the keyboard

GuardianDragon

Post by GuardianDragon » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:54 am

Well, understand guys that lately we've been asking for more. And since he's still on his own, he can't go any faster than we has before. All he can really do is put more time into like he said he's been doing on the Dev. page.
We are raising our expectations for no real reason. We've been starting to expresses this to Toonces, and well...why could anyone want to talk to someone they know will just ask for more than they can do from them. Not only that, but most of you guys are pretty mean and have no respect for anyone but maybe partially your friends.
And just so you know, he does read the forums, several Ideas have been put into the game. Sure it's a very small amount of what's been mentioned in the forums, but with his sharply limited time, he can really only choose a couple things. Look at his list on the Dev. blog, some of the ideas are on there, but like I said a bit before, he's limited on time, so he only chooses the most reasonable. He has to be picky about them. Come on guys, he's not the magic man.

(I am speaking for him (so you can't go to him and complain about this, because these are my words), he may not agree with everything, but I've taken a lot of time to think about it and I'm confident that most of this are accurate answers to your questions)

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:22 am

Latias wrote:Well, understand guys that lately we've been asking for more. And since he's still on his own, he can't go any faster than we has before. All he can really do is put more time into like he said he's been doing on the Dev. page.
We are raising our expectations for no real reason. We've been starting to expresses this to Toonces, and well...why could anyone want to talk to someone they know will just ask for more than they can do from them. Not only that, but most of you guys are pretty mean and have no respect for anyone but maybe partially your friends.
And just so you know, he does read the forums, several Ideas have been put into the game. Sure it's a very small amount of what's been mentioned in the forums, but with his sharply limited time, he can really only choose a couple things. Look at his list on the Dev. blog, some of the ideas are on there, but like I said a bit before, he's limited on time, so he only chooses the most reasonable. He has to be picky about them. Come on guys, he's not the magic man.

(I am speaking for him (so you can't go to him and complain about this, because these are my words), he may not agree with everything, but I've taken a lot of time to think about it and I'm confident that most of this are accurate answers to your questions)
He worships satan. This is all the justification I need to flame him.

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:21 am

JesusRocks765 wrote:
Latias wrote:Well, understand guys that lately we've been asking for more. And since he's still on his own, he can't go any faster than we has before. All he can really do is put more time into like he said he's been doing on the Dev. page.

rofl you are seriously such a hugging idiot. I wish I was an admin just to ban your donkey so badly. You have no idea.

GuardianDragon

Post by GuardianDragon » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:14 am

you wish you could be an admin just to ban me.
well I guess we know why Toonces silences some of you. He's getting it harder than you and you don't have an ounce of control to hold yourself.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:27 pm

He meant JR

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:34 pm

Mel'Kaven wrote:
JesusRocks765 wrote:

rofl you are seriously such a hugging idiot. I wish I was an admin just to ban your donkey so badly. You have no idea.
I wont give you that chance, im not playing your BBQty copy of a game, get off the forums and move to china, you communist illegitimate child.

Voltage

Post by Voltage » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:06 am

^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GuardianDragon

Post by GuardianDragon » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:27 am

Voltage wrote:^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
^^^^^^^^^agree

JuliusCaesar wrote:He meant JR
aye, sorry couldn't tell.

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:15 am

w/e all 3 Y'all jesusrocks supporters are noobs anyways.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:17 am

Mel'Kaven wrote:w/e all 3 Y'all jesusrocks supporters are noobs anyways.
As Ive said before, I'd rather be a "noob" with a life than a complete vidoe game geek like you.

Get a life and go outside.