Weapon Slots

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

JesusRocks765

Weapon Slots

Post by JesusRocks765 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:29 pm

I mostly play a Diff game, Star Sonata and It does have a good concept of Weapon Slots - which is how many weapons you can hold I suggest that on Good Ships like IGS It be increased to 3 + It's Built in Weapon, and on lower Ships, Like Barge and Merchant Cruiser, maybe just ts Built in 1 + 1 anyways, tell me what you think

General_Neox

Re: Weapon Slots

Post by General_Neox » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:55 am

There should be NO weapon mods.

This is what ruined pvp.

FortyTwoAxes

Post by FortyTwoAxes » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:02 am

Cloud1 wrote:Weapons like Fusion, Grav, and torps didn't ruin the pvp. The only thing that ruined it was PD, Flower, and flight mods. I think new weapons should be added or implemented. I would like to see different types of nukes.
you should of just said mods ruined pvp...

General_Neox

Post by General_Neox » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:42 am

Cloud1 wrote:Weapons like Fusion, Grav, and torps didn't ruin the pvp. The only thing that ruined it was PD, Flower, and flight mods. I think new weapons should be added or implemented. I would like to see different types of nukes.
grav fusion and torps are fine i agree, any weapon that ONLY damages.

but to add to your list,
any special-weapon mods really; cloaking emp tractor and especially afterburners, just get rid of them
thats why we have flagships seths and avengers
im sick of having to look at my enemies ship status whenever im going in to a fight and having to reoutfit my ship all the hugging time to balance the stupid BBQ fighting system
FortyTwoAxes wrote:
you should of just said mods ruined pvp...
Performance mods like steering thrusting energy are fine, and would make fighting just interesting enough and would assist invaders. Flights are ok too but need to be nerfed so either you cant have 8 of them or they get progressively less effective the more u have. Building mods are fine aswell. One can switch between these two whether they want to invade or build at the time.
Mods did not ruin pvp. Special-Weapon mods did. People need to learn to seperate and not throw everything in to one group because some of it sucks.

On this subject. MORE weapon slots would be way to OP, as multiple weapons at once is already OP and annoying

On clouds comment on new weapons. That would be chill, as long as they didnt have stupid unbalanced abilities or ruined fighting more.
Try this on for size. A new type of hacker missile called a "bug" very expensive and slow to build but tracks the enemy it hits for a certain amount of time and takes a certain percentage of the targets money and gives it to the shooter. when used on colonies it can disable mines and lasers for x amount of time instead of destroying them. would be helpful in slide strategies and to preserve defenses but not to OP that you could disable an entire colonies defenses.

Heres one too if u want a different type of nuke.
A dark matter missile. Takes 100 spice 100 equipment to build in WF and is very expensive at base. basically its a non locking hardware missile that does 6 or 7 times more damage then a nuke, it would be very fast but the non-lock on aspect would balance it out, this would be interesting to use in invading AND fighting

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:45 am

lets all go to Star sonata, steal the Game Secrets, and bring them here to make SGE Fun again :D

FortyTwoAxes

Post by FortyTwoAxes » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:12 am

JesusRocks765 wrote:lets all go to Star sonata, steal the Game Secrets, and bring them here to make SGE Fun again :D
Good idea :lol: lets just say we thought of it our selves :roll:

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:39 am

FortyTwoAxes wrote:
JesusRocks765 wrote:lets all go to Star sonata, steal the Game Secrets, and bring them here to make SGE Fun again :D

Already been done.......Trade Wars = Starport: Galactic Empires

FortyTwoAxes

Post by FortyTwoAxes » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:08 am

WeGotDeathStar wrote:
FortyTwoAxes wrote:

Already been done.......Trade Wars = Starport: Galactic Empires
yeah we stole of trade wars already
now we take from star sonta
then we go to eve

invaderzim

Post by invaderzim » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:37 pm

eve has absolutely nothing worth stealing. the fact that you just mentioned eve on our forums just made pvp die a little more