IDEA solar cannon customization

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

LordSturm

IDEA solar cannon customization

Post by LordSturm » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:50 am

Yes i know there are a few topics about this but they got nowhere and no real ideas were added.

My idea is this. create 3 sliders for the solar cannon inside its page when you click on one in a biodome.

the sliders are damage, energy damage, and burst velocity (different from bursts per minute this refers to how fast the projectiles travel on the planet). for ease of coding they could be the exact same thing as choosing ship stats upon character creation 5 5 5 is a normal solar cannon as they are now. I think allowing players to be able to customize how much damage or how fast a solar is capable of (while having to sacrifice in another area) is a very intersting idea and will certainly allow alot more customization. each slider has a maximum of 15 points to be assigned to it.

we could also have 4 sliders total and the third one would be maximum range but this is up for debate.

NARUTARD

Re: IDEA solar cannon customization

Post by NARUTARD » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:16 am

But unlike yourself I'll explain right away.

0 damage
0 velocity
15 energy
full circle
gg.

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:44 am

NARUTARD wrote:Image

But unlike yourself I'll explain right away.

0 damage
0 velocity
15 energy
full circle
gg.
Rofl. Noob. one person can just sit in front of dome and take dam for cap. -.-

LordSturm is being specific as there wont be any confusion for people like MadAce that CRAVE the specifics so he has something to trash on. Dont be pissed that he pwned you in 'loading people in solars' thread or w/e.

NARUTARD

Post by NARUTARD » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:24 pm

Mel'Kaven wrote:Rofl. Noob. one person can just sit in front of dome and take dam for cap. -.-

LordSturm is being specific as there wont be any confusion for people like MadAce that CRAVE the specifics so he has something to trash on. Dont be pissed that he pwned you in 'loading people in solars' thread or w/e.
Yes making invading require 2 people all the time is a wonderful idea... Do you both really think you can just go and change the solar cannon without completely changing the game up?

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:01 pm

NARUTARD wrote:
Mel'Kaven wrote:Rofl. Noob. one person can just sit in front of dome and take dam for cap. -.-

Yes making invading require 2 people all the time is a wonderful idea... Do you both really think you can just go and change the solar cannon without completely changing the game up?
1) your an idiot
2) that full circle setting with no shields damage would make it incredibly easy to delaser a planet.
3) full circle setting is known to stop firing for a second or 2 because it has difficutly aiming and pauses to "find" you
4) you assume every single planet in the entire game would be set this way when in fact it would only make sense to make this for a 10 shot 120 solar which does not happen on every planet
5) your just pissed i proved your idea was bad. dont go crapping on mine because your mad
6) this would in no way completely change the game, it would meerly allow a larger ammount of defence customization. If i wanted to completely change up the game (which this idea does not do) i could pose my semi automatic solar idea :o

i will concede this idea is better suited for module servers.

and now to get into the details of why your an idiot! if a setting of 5 is what a normal solar is a setting at 10 would be double the normal and 15 triple the normal. so on a 10 shot 120 your going to take triple energy damage from a single shot? thats not a huge increase. full circle solars are only annoying because you get hit right at the dome. taking triple the loss right at the dome is neglegent because it would stop you from capping normally as well.

the thing ive been wondering is should we make things set on 0 be actually at 0 or half of normal. i was thinking half of normal because then a 0 setting for velocity wouldnt move.

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:36 pm

LordSturm wrote:
NARUTARD wrote:

1) your an idiot
2) that full circle setting with no shields damage would make it incredibly easy to delaser a planet.
3) full circle setting is known to stop firing for a second or 2 because it has difficutly aiming and pauses to "find" you
4) you assume every single planet in the entire game would be set this way when in fact it would only make sense to make this for a 10 shot 120 solar which does not happen on every planet
5) your just pissed i proved your idea was bad. dont go crapping on mine because your mad
6) this would in no way completely change the game, it would meerly allow a larger ammount of defence customization. If i wanted to completely change up the game (which this idea does not do) i could pose my semi automatic solar idea :o

and now to get into the details of why your an idiot! if a setting of 5 is what a normal solar is a setting at 10 would be double the normal and 15 triple the normal. so on a 10 shot 120 your going to take triple energy damage from a single shot? thats not a huge increase. full circle solars are only annoying because you get hit right at the dome. taking triple the loss right at the dome is neglegent because it would stop you from capping normally as well.

the thing ive been wondering is should we make things set on 0 be actually at 0 or half of normal. i was thinking half of normal because then a 0 setting for velocity wouldnt move.

Yeah, have a minimum velocity because if its at like 2 Velocity 10/120 It will just sit in front of dome like a wall of Solar. Could very well make some cols Impossible.

NARUTARD

Post by NARUTARD » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:04 pm

LordSturm wrote:
NARUTARD wrote:

1) your an idiot

Name them.

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:28 am

im not stating its impossible to have a 10 shot 120 on each planet. with the right researces any planet in theory can always get you a max solar. i am stating not every colonized can support a stable 10 shot 120 in its current form.

there you go named them, was that really so hard to understand. small monkeys probably figured it out.

and if you set the planet to be full circle and have only energy damage its going to move very slowly and do very little shields damage making delasering the colony incredibly easy.

next time you have a counter argument as to why any idea is bad. have something better than what a preschooler could of come up with.

NARUTARD

Post by NARUTARD » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:56 am

LordSturm wrote:im not stating its impossible to have a 10 shot 120 on each planet. with the right researces any planet in theory can always get you a max solar. i am stating not every colonized can support a stable 10 shot 120 in its current form..
Yes I believe then that would fall under the category you and mel made of nobody would build them, would destroy them or relieve them of any other means. Trust me bud, people were saying to delete servers and he finally did, people asked for no mods he made a no mod server (2 for that matter), and hell people have been asking for DD's for years and he finally put those in. Its laughable you think you can just go and change the settings of the strongest defense on a colony and expect everything to just be dandy (the mass of older players vs. multi-shot battering ram debate). I thought bout the solar sliders myself but the fact is the more control you give to the player over the cannon the more everything will just get messed up. When ya realize this (if you do) you will notice how silly you sound right now thinkin your idea is the best in the universe cause you thought of it.

And btw I think its hilarious you care so much to insult me consistently just cause you couldn't take some smack talk on the game :lol: just so ya know the admins don't take that thing too lightly on the forums

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:48 am

NARUTARD wrote:
LordSturm wrote:im not stating its impossible to have a 10 shot 120 on each planet. with the right researces any planet in theory can always get you a max solar. i am stating not every colonized can support a stable 10 shot 120 in its current form..
Yes I believe then that would fall under the category you and mel made of nobody would build them, would destroy them or relieve them of any other means. Trust me bud, people were saying to delete servers and he finally did, people asked for no mods he made a no mod server (2 for that matter), and hell people have been asking for DD's for years and he finally put those in. Its laughable you think you can just go and change the settings of the strongest defense on a colony and expect everything to just be dandy (the mass of older players vs. multi-shot battering ram debate). I thought bout the solar sliders myself but the fact is the more control you give to the player over the cannon the more everything will just get messed up. When ya realize this (if you do) you will notice how silly you sound right now thinkin your idea is the best in the universe cause you thought of it.

And btw I think its hilarious you care so much to insult me consistently just cause you couldn't take some smack talk on the game :lol: just so ya know the admins don't take that thing too lightly on the forums
oh please NARUTARD Im on forums everyday, they could care less.

And his point was made clear, I dont see any constructive argument in what your saying in this quote. Maybe your just telling us to back down so you can post the same idea in 1 month after you'd assume LordSturm has forgotten.

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:17 pm

Narutard I care to insult you because your an idiot. I never once stated my idea was the best in the universe. grow up and don't put your words in my mouth. My idea is all about trade offs and the entire point of s trade off is recording something you want and sacrificing something else. Under that model I'm confused how someone can receive a massively overpowered colony.