NEW Hardware Idea +-(J3B)-+

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Jeb

NEW Hardware Idea +-(J3B)-+

Post by Jeb » Thu May 27, 2010 11:18 pm

Ok i really think this is a good idea - please give feedback and toonces... you know you want to add it...

Transport Systems
This would be a new building available in your colonies. It would cost 4,250,000 to build (Yes it's a bit steep but i think it's worth it) and would essentially drain cash and spice when activated. Activating it (By transporting something from it) would drain 12 spice for G-14s, 25 for nukes, and 50 for lasers/flak. In addition to that, it would drain 100 spice for every 100 holds of cargo transported. But now as to how it works...

The transporter. It would basically be a shipyard-looking building, prerequisites being Weapons Factory and Refinery level 3. It would add on to the refineries and wf's making a new building. At the expense of spice (of course) and money for each trip (100,000 per hop default) it would take an hour per hop to deliver whatever you send. Maximum holds are 200 missiles in addition to 200 mines or turrets and up to 1,500 cargo spaces.

These transporters can go to any colony with another.

EXAMPLE:
Colony Beta Cephei Id would like to transport 43 lasers and 130 nukes to Polaris. They are 18 hops from eachother. This would cost 1,800,000 to send, along with 1,800 spic3, and would take 18 hours.

ArdRhys4

Re: NEW Hardware Idea +-(J3B)-+

Post by ArdRhys4 » Fri May 28, 2010 6:56 pm

Jeb wrote:Ok i really think this is a good idea - please give feedback and toonces... you know you want to add it...

Transport Systems
This would be a new building available in your colonies. It would cost 4,250,000 to build (Yes it's a bit steep but i think it's worth it) and would essentially drain cash and spice when activated. Activating it (By transporting something from it) would drain 12 spice for G-14s, 25 for nukes, and 50 for lasers/flak. In addition to that, it would drain 100 spice for every 100 holds of cargo transported. But now as to how it works...

The transporter. It would basically be a shipyard-looking building, prerequisites being Weapons Factory and Refinery level 3. It would add on to the refineries and wf's making a new building. At the expense of spice (of course) and money for each trip (100,000 per hop default) it would take an hour per hop to deliver whatever you send. Maximum holds are 200 missiles in addition to 200 mines or turrets and up to 1,500 cargo spaces.

These transporters can go to any colony with another.

EXAMPLE:
Colony Beta Cephei Id would like to transport 43 lasers and 130 nukes to Polaris. They are 18 hops from eachother. This would cost 1,800,000 to send, along with 1,800 spic3, and would take 18 hours.
Okay, so the distance does not matter at all other than to the time? I would say that the amount of spice used should be w(distance in hops)*1/2^q(level) * 12x(G-14 negs) * 25y(nukes) * 50z(lasers/flaks) *100a(cargo in 100 holds)
and it should have two levels of strength. Use the formula (extremely simple) and you will see what having level two does.

killintime

Post by killintime » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:58 am

I like the idea, but the whole reason I would want a transporter is to save me time when I am building, maybe reduce the transport time

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:33 am

Good idea but this would make top corps even more powerful, they can spam build nukes deep insde an arm and just send em out every clean run, it puts cols on the frontline pretty much making twice as much as they normaly would