why of course
79%
no -whats a lazer?
21%

Total votes: 28

Mel'Kaven

npcs+lazers = dead npc

Post by Mel'Kaven » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:45 pm

Subject speaks for itself I mean seriosuly why dont lazers kill npcs. Y'know just NOT give you exp for the kill and they can die by lazers. i hate the fact that you have to replace blockades and stuff becuz an npc was killing it all night long. thiss would make arms alot more kewler to control :mrgreen:

Another thing, people think lazers would be in space forever beucz npcs cant kill them off? well thats kinda that point its like established borders of an empire, how is that not cool.

LordSturm

Re: npcs+lazers = dead npc

Post by LordSturm » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:41 am

lasers should do 1/4 regular damage to npcs and you get no exp for them dying by your lasers

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:07 am

this one time, at space camp, an npc actually invaded my planet :cry:

SpaceToast

Post by SpaceToast » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:14 pm

this one time, at space camp, gamanche shoved a rocket half way up his donkey and fired it.

Lockon.Stratos

Post by Lockon.Stratos » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:08 am

Duh for obvious reasons this would hold back any noob player from progressing thru-out the galaxy

NARUTARD

Post by NARUTARD » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:18 am

Lasers and flaks should still damage NPC's but only so very little that they will eventually kill the npc but not without having a fair amount of cannons destroyed by the npc first. Which would be along the lines of only doing 5 or 10 damage per shot since they aim pretty bad sometimes. Doubt the game will ever go back to space cannons doing full damage to npc's. Just saying...

phantomdan

Post by phantomdan » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:08 am

It doesnt make sense for Dick Hurtz's (NPC) plasma shooter to clear a fully lasered system. Definatly lasers should hurt NPC's to add to the overall realism effect. Im sure the 2 main counter-arguements are

1. Lasers systems arent great for new players (this isnt a legitimate arguement as new players can already be killed by lasers, so there is no logic in that arguement)
2. Lasered system may create lag, or use too much bandwidth (thats an issue for toonces, not the players.)

So really, if toonces has the server space to implement lasers being able to kill NPC's he should do it.

tekkamanblade

Post by tekkamanblade » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:59 pm

i would rather have them not shoot at each other at all, because then there would be alot less lag. i would settled for npcs being able to clear lasers, without lasers shooting at them at all. if that were the case, i would up the npc violence towards all space defenses, including cmines, increase their spawn rates, and decrease the rewards per npc killed on cmines.

Camaril

Post by Camaril » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:46 pm

phantomdan wrote:It doesnt make sense for Dick Hurtz's (NPC) plasma shooter to clear a fully lasered system. Definatly lasers should hurt NPC's to add to the overall realism effect. Im sure the 2 main counter-arguements are

1. Lasers systems arent great for new players (this isnt a legitimate arguement as new players can already be killed by lasers, so there is no logic in that arguement)
2. Lasered system may create lag, or use too much bandwidth (thats an issue for toonces, not the players.)

So really, if toonces has the server space to implement lasers being able to kill NPC's he should do it.
is there really an NPC called dick hurtz?

Bartimaeus

Post by Bartimaeus » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:24 pm

Hello Mel.

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:28 am

Bartimaeus wrote:Hello Mel.
o.o hi... does u think npcs should die by lazers? :o

phantomdan

Post by phantomdan » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:13 pm

Camaril wrote:
phantomdan wrote:It doesnt make sense for Dick Hurtz's (NPC) plasma shooter to clear a fully lasered system. Definatly lasers should hurt NPC's to add to the overall realism effect. Im sure the 2 main counter-arguements are

is there really an NPC called dick hurtz?
Yes. Hes a pirate. Also there is Dick Stalin. Now thats enough talk about dicks for one day :shock:

Wrapper

Post by Wrapper » Fri May 07, 2010 4:21 pm

Mel'Kaven wrote:Subject speaks for itself I mean seriosuly why dont lazers kill npcs. Y'know just NOT give you exp for the kill and they can die by lazers. i hate the fact that you have to replace blockades and stuff becuz an npc was killing it all night long. thiss would make arms alot more kewler to control :mrgreen:

Another thing, people think lazers would be in space forever beucz npcs cant kill them off? well thats kinda that point its like established borders of an empire, how is that not cool.
THERE IS A REASON NPCs CLEAR LASER WALLS!!!!!! (caps lock off)

but seriously... no... just no. All you have to go is way back to p1 to realise why this is a horrible idea. Well I guess now we have cloak + surface missile to clear all that junk out but laser walls + rep wars were the reason Broken Monkey lost the war in P1 (36 hops of solid laser walls, and lasered ports from the beggining of the pirate arm to the base). Everyone will just complain again that laser walls are too op and basicly spammed at every possible system imaginable... then everything will be changed back.

I didn't mind laser walls back in p1, but they sure were annoying clearing each system out while you invade (it gave a use to the vulture though :D ). However, it'll just slow the progression of the game definatly with the new mod system, and just be more of an annoyance then an actual effective blockading device (you'll see alot more cloaks with SM running around). Arms are already cool because one is able to litteraly trap a corp in their own system ^.^

Just to predict the future with such a patch... within a week every system will have a laser of some sort, noobie goes out from UN space and gets vaprorized the minute he warps out by a laserwall blockading sol.
Noobs that think its a good idea to clear laser walls near sol will get vaporized by patrolling players via tractor or nukes (like in the good old days ^.^).

MastrIan

Post by MastrIan » Fri May 07, 2010 5:43 pm

Wrapper wrote:
Mel'Kaven wrote:Subject speaks for itself I mean seriosuly why dont lazers kill npcs. Y'know just NOT give you exp for the kill and they can die by lazers. i hate the fact that you have to replace blockades and stuff becuz an npc was killing it all night long. thiss would make arms alot more kewler to control :mrgreen:

THERE IS A REASON NPCs CLEAR LASER WALLS!!!!!! (caps lock off)

but seriously... no... just no. All you have to go is way back to p1 to realise why this is a horrible idea. Well I guess now we have cloak + surface missile to clear all that junk out but laser walls + rep wars were the reason Broken Monkey lost the war in P1 (36 hops of solid laser walls, and lasered ports from the beggining of the pirate arm to the base). Everyone will just complain again that laser walls are too op and basicly spammed at every possible system imaginable... then everything will be changed back.

I didn't mind laser walls back in p1, but they sure were annoying clearing each system out while you invade (it gave a use to the vulture though :D ). However, it'll just slow the progression of the game definatly with the new mod system, and just be more of an annoyance then an actual effective blockading device (you'll see alot more cloaks with SM running around). Arms are already cool because one is able to litteraly trap a corp in their own system ^.^

Just to predict the future with such a patch... within a week every system will have a laser of some sort, noobie goes out from UN space and gets vaprorized the minute he warps out by a laserwall blockading sol.
Noobs that think its a good idea to clear laser walls near sol will get vaporized by patrolling players via tractor or nukes (like in the good old days ^.^).
/agree wrappy, especially with people frequently using cloaks and SM's it would be moot anyways.

nilloc93

Post by nilloc93 » Sat May 29, 2010 11:06 pm

then just have NPC's not shoot the lasers but pass right through them, this way we can keep our lazor walls.
for the noob issue (i am one but i used to play a while ago) just make a sort of UN zone where PVP and colony placement is allowed but placing defenses in space is not

killintime

Post by killintime » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:23 am

I was never there when NPCs could be killed by def and it seems like a good idea to me, I have had my lasered systems taken out by NPCs before. But what I want to know is, how do lasers killing NPCs have anything to do with noobies?