Ability to hide the minimap

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Mabus

Ability to hide the minimap

Post by Mabus » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:01 pm

This doesn't really have any practical application, but in space and on colonies I just feel it would be a nice addition if you could minimize the mini map - everything else is hide-able and it would be quite nice imo to be able to see a full screen's worth of a system or colony.

Major.Arse

Re: Ability to hide the minimap

Post by Major.Arse » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:42 pm

the only two places you need the minimap are in space and on planets.

this is a new one for me. never heard anyone say to remove it.

Mabus

Post by Mabus » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:09 pm

Yes i agree they are the only places you need it :mrgreen: I'm just suggesting maybe a minimize button in the corner of the map, so that when torping or flying for example you can have it out of the way and see what is behind it.

NARUTARD

Post by NARUTARD » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:16 pm

Sounds good to me. Maybe there could be a hotkey to hide your whole interface at once as well if you want to take an epic picture of your ship.

Major.Arse

Post by Major.Arse » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:12 pm

maybe this is why im not the best torper...but i only use the minimap when invading and 1v1's.

my scroll wheel has been broken and ive been getting my arse handed to me lately. i did actually wish i could just hide it thinking back to 2 fights where it was useless to me, so i suppose ill concede there is a place for it.

off topic. how do i change the minimap size without my mousewheel (the baby had a go at sge and ate most of the computer equipment.)

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:54 am

Sometimes when I'm invading and shooting nukes to the bottom right side of my screen, I wish I could see what i'm shooting at, but then again I sort of use the minimap to 'see' since i can't.

Draze

Post by Draze » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:46 am

NARUTARD wrote:Sounds good to me. Maybe there could be a hotkey to hide your whole interface at once as well if you want to take an epic picture of your ship.
/hide I believe... I know there is a command for it...

SiN

Post by SiN » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:35 am

Major.Arse wrote:maybe this is why im not the best torper...but i only use the minimap when invading and 1v1's.

my scroll wheel has been broken and ive been getting my arse handed to me lately. i did actually wish i could just hide it thinking back to 2 fights where it was useless to me, so i suppose ill concede there is a place for it.

off topic. how do i change the minimap size without my mousewheel (the baby had a go at sge and ate most of the computer equipment.)
I believe pg up and down do it? though who could say. I havn't played in a long long time

omlow

Post by omlow » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:02 am

Mabus wrote:Yes i agree they are the only places you need it :mrgreen: I'm just suggesting maybe a minimize button in the corner of the map, so that when torping or flying for example you can have it out of the way and see what is behind it.
torping using the minimap means you get 100% accuracy for 100% of the time unless you do it wrong.

you should only torp using your aiming abilities at close to point blank range, zoom out your ship so you can see where stuff is then shoot

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:06 pm

Major.Arse wrote:maybe this is why im not the best torper...but i only use the minimap when invading and 1v1's.

Far as i have noticed, you can't zoom in and out on mini map w/o wheel..;(

MegaMan

Post by MegaMan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:47 am

holding down alt and pressing + or - will zoom the minimap in and out. This is how I usually do it because when I am flying, particularly in a fight etc I have both hands on the keyboard and don't want to move them all the way to the mouse.