heres an idea for improving the game

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Zanadu

heres an idea for improving the game

Post by Zanadu » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:28 am

add into teh wepons factor teh ability to store biodomes not make them but store them and alow the bank to hold more then 100 million credits

tekkamanblade

Re: heres an idea for improving the game

Post by tekkamanblade » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:58 pm

factories holding but not making domes and beacons and stuff is fine with me, but banks is tricky to balance.

on hand cash limit should be removed entirely, since there is risk of losing it while its in your hands, but the bank doesn't have any risk. if you want to hold more than 100 million in the bank, perhaps making everything over that vulnerable to port robbing would add the required risk to balance it.

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:27 pm

Zanadu wrote:add into teh wepons factor teh ability to store biodomes not make them but store them and alow the bank to hold more then 100 million credits
spell-check...
In all seriousness however, the idea to be able to hold biodomes and beacons is not bad. The bank should be able to hold up to 150 million credits while your hand should be able to hold up to 200 million credits. This way, you can still save up money in your bank, but you can not save up TOO much. You can still however take 200 million while cleaning or if you sell tokens or whatever the case may be. However, if you take 200 million credits on hand and are attacked, you face twice the risk of having 100 million credits on hand. This will/would help builders and invaders. Fighters would not be affected much.

squeemish

Post by squeemish » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:10 am

Zanadu wrote:teh (sic) ability to store biodomes
This has come up before, and I used to be opposed to the idea. With a barge you can make a couple of trips when few people are on (or hire someone to do it for you) and then stay away from the bases for an extended period of time. This isn't good for a social game. Now that you're getting dragged back to SOL or the other bases for modules, the idea is acceptable. I'm neither strongly in favor nor opposed, just pointing out the new element in the old argument.
Zanadu wrote:alow (sic) the bank to hold more then 100 million credits
No. The modules do change the economics a bit, but not enough to make a credit limit change. In non-ending MMO's like S:GE, resources (including cash) need to either be scarce, finite, or there needs to be an inflationary economy. Toonces has chosen "scarce" for bangs and "finite" for permas. Dynamic pricing has given us a tame taste of inflation, but I guarantee you would hate a true inflationary economy. Be careful what you ask for. Please, everyone, stop suggesting higher credit limits.
tekkamanblade wrote:holding but not making .. beacons
This is fine, but not really a big deal. I think beacons need an overhaul anyway.