invasion simulations

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Alphakiller1101

invasion simulations

Post by Alphakiller1101 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:44 pm

you should be able to simulate an invasion on your own planet to test its defenses.

you could have it so that in the biodome, there are two new buttons: 1) "reset simulation" and 2) "invasion simulation"

when you press the "reset simulation" button, the only effect is that the simulated defenses are set to what it looks like on planet, and when you press the "invasion simulation" button, you are sent to the warp on a simulation of the planet with 16k shields, a full load of nukes, and being blown up counts as being sent back to the dome. multiple "lands" are possible because the simulation hasn't been reset, and when you cap the planet, it gives you a "capture report", where it tells you statistics like shields lost, nukes used, number of deaths, etc/

defending would become a lot easier because you can test the weaknesses yourself, and invading, I think, would become a lot more fun because it allows you to practice on your own monster planets.

what do you think?

Catfish

Re: invasion simulations

Post by Catfish » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:07 pm

sounds great :)

MutedJazz

Post by MutedJazz » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:48 pm

That would be amazing!

And it would allow people to practice invades without costing them millions of exp and numerous amounts of money and nukes.

Chicboy

Post by Chicboy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:16 pm

I dont like the idea. Takes away the edge. Learning how best to defend your planets comes from experience of invading. As for what MutedJazz said, thats what seperates the men from the boys. Having the balls to not care about millions of experience, partly why some are better than others...

Moleman

Post by Moleman » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:24 pm

Chicboy wrote:I dont like the idea. Takes away the edge. Learning how best to defend your planets comes from experience of invading. As for what MutedJazz said, thats what seperates the men from the boys. Having the balls to not care about millions of experience, partly why some are better than others...
1000% agree with chicboy!

Learning the hard way FTW ;)

moleman

buggy

Post by buggy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:58 pm

Moleman wrote:
Chicboy wrote:I dont like the idea. Takes away the edge. Learning how best to defend your planets comes from experience of invading. As for what MutedJazz said, thats what seperates the men from the boys. Having the balls to not care about millions of experience, partly why some are better than others...
1000% agree with chicboy!

Learning the hard way FTW ;)

moleman
i 10000% disagree with both of you

MutedJazz

Post by MutedJazz » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:14 pm

IMO it would allow newer players to learn a larger amount of the game faster. Less people would quit because they couldn't figure out the game and find it boring.

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:19 pm

Alphakiller1101 wrote:you should be able to simulate an invasion on your own planet to test its defenses.

you could have it so that in the biodome, there are two new buttons: 1) "reset simulation" and 2) "invasion simulation"

when you press the "reset simulation" button, the only effect is that the simulated defenses are set to what it looks like on planet, and when you press the "invasion simulation" button, you are sent to the warp on a simulation of the planet with 16k shields, a full load of nukes, and being blown up counts as being sent back to the dome. multiple "lands" are possible because the simulation hasn't been reset, and when you cap the planet, it gives you a "capture report", where it tells you statistics like shields lost, nukes used, number of deaths, etc/

defending would become a lot easier because you can test the weaknesses yourself, and invading, I think, would become a lot more fun because it allows you to practice on your own monster planets.

what do you think?
I don't know, sounds like a good idea, if you don't wanna use it, don't. If you are still learning, seems like it would be fairly helpful... Now, 5 more minutes b4 I gotta get back to game...

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:22 pm

I agree.

The only way I would support a feature like this would be if it costs tokens per use.

duece

Post by duece » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:44 am

Oh hug you guys.. this is a great idea. This way I can set up stunts I want without going out looking for em, or having to make a corpmate sit there and do /takecolony /givecolony while I have all the fun.

MastrIan

Post by MastrIan » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:00 pm

robotchicken wrote:Oh hug you guys.. this is a great idea. This way I can set up stunts I want without going out looking for em, or having to make a corpmate sit there and do /takecolony /givecolony while I have all the fun.
QFT, duece has been begging for this one for quite some time.

Luna

Post by Luna » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:07 am

I've been asking for a way to "practice" invasions forever on preset planets. None of the tutorials address the issue, and frankly while learning the "hard way" is an option, some players don't have enough resources to keep trying 1000 times. Some people get the hang of invasion easily. Some would benefit from unlimited access to practice without it costing them every credit they have.

This would lower the new player frustration, and give them viable skills opportunities. They would still have to take risks when invading other people's colonies. Imagine if newbies were more competitive and less likely to be easy victims. This would make for more battles, excitement and would help even the playing field between newbies and vetran players.

Raviel-PLAGUE-

Post by Raviel-PLAGUE- » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:24 am

Luna wrote:I've been asking for a way to "practice" invasions forever on preset planets. None of the tutorials address the issue, and frankly while learning the "hard way" is an option, some players don't have enough resources to keep trying 1000 times. Some people get the hang of invasion easily. Some would benefit from unlimited access to practice without it costing them every credit they have.

This would lower the new player frustration, and give them viable skills opportunities. They would still have to take risks when invading other people's colonies. Imagine if newbies were more competitive and less likely to be easy victims. This would make for more battles, excitement and would help even the playing field between newbies and vetran players.
you know luna, i look at the post of all these other people in here and their opinions and every time i see one of yours its so intelligible and insightful you really think about these things or maybe your just uber smart idk but im really starting to take a liking to you :D

I think this is an absolutely amazing idea you know as luna said i dont always have the kind of money and hundreds of nukes to set up absolutely amazing domeslides and cap and even when i do i can only accomplish it once giving me so much experience in the matter, plus god this would so massively affect my overall rating of the games fun i always thought about it but never posted it idk why call me a noob but despite what you guys up there say trying to look like big wigs and what not with all your hard learning stuff no matter what way you look at it it sounds like something fun that can really improve the game in a lot of ways.

PLAGUE

Chettoes121

Post by Chettoes121 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:45 pm

this idea has been i my mind but the fact that some fat fucks like idk pimp would do this all day wile he does nothing and not have to worry about fuel/nuke/money
you shouldnt be able to get invasion practice for free

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:41 pm

Chettoes121 wrote:this idea has been i my mind but the fact that some fat fucks like idk pimp would do this all day wile he does nothing and not have to worry about fuel/nuke/money
seriously, are you just going to flame everything/everyone? you've been doing it for days straight now. would be nice if you would hold back such comments.

Chettoes121

Post by Chettoes121 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:34 am

Catfish wrote:
Chettoes121 wrote:this idea has been i my mind but the fact that some fat fucks like idk pimp would do this all day wile he does nothing and not have to worry about fuel/nuke/money
seriously, are you just going to flame everything/everyone? you've been doing it for days straight now. would be nice if you would hold back such comments.
i dont flame everyone? just people who i have found to be donkey holes

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:23 am

Why not make it so that if you die while practicing, you are down to 0 shields. That way, you can still practice, but it takes SOME money(not NEARLY as much as normal deaths).

Suffering

Post by Suffering » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:20 am

Raviel-PLAGUE- wrote:
Luna wrote:I've been asking for a way to "practice" invasions forever on preset planets. None of the tutorials address the issue, and frankly while learning the "hard way" is an option, some players don't have enough resources to keep trying 1000 times. Some people get the hang of invasion easily. Some would benefit from unlimited access to practice without it costing them every credit they have.

you know luna, i look at the post of all these other people in here and their opinions and every time i see one of yours its so intelligible and insightful you really think about these things or maybe your just uber smart idk but im really starting to take a liking to you :D

I think this is an absolutely amazing idea you know as luna said i dont always have the kind of money and hundreds of nukes to set up absolutely amazing domeslides and cap and even when i do i can only accomplish it once giving me so much experience in the matter, plus god this would so massively affect my overall rating of the games fun i always thought about it but never posted it idk why call me a noob but despite what you guys up there say trying to look like big wigs and what not with all your hard learning stuff no matter what way you look at it it sounds like something fun that can really improve the game in a lot of ways.

PLAGUE
Suck up

omlow

Post by omlow » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:02 pm

Alphakiller1101 wrote:you should be able to simulate an invasion on your own planet to test its defenses.

what do you think?
OR just hugging man up a whole lot? thats what i'd do

Alphakiller1101

Post by Alphakiller1101 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:56 pm

...hugging?

omlow

Post by omlow » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:59 pm

thats the censor thing for the f u c k word

Alphakiller1101