Allow us to place multiple DOMES on a planet.

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

xi

Allow us to place multiple DOMES on a planet.

Post by xi » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:40 pm

i was wondering, would it be possible to find a way to place more domes on a planet at the cost of space...so you would have to consider placing more domes, since the more you place the less turrets/mines you could have.

benefits: makes colony bigger, can produce more/work on different things at the same time

drawbacks: adding to many domes to your planet would make it susceptible to being captured (since each dome is capturable), also would mean less turrets!

also, perhaps there could be different types of colonies: normal, planet capital, corp HQ, mining outpost, military base, and other types...IDK, any thoughts?

pewpewpew
Location: In mah uber dreamsower, shooting nukes at you by the dozen.

Re: Allow us to place multiple DOMES on a planet.

Post by pewpewpew » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:43 pm

I suppose We could have multiple domes and only one solar cannon on the main dome.
Each of these domes would undoubtedly have weight., Decreasing the amount of turrets by a tiny bit.

But I don't really see the advantage of having multiple domes short of coolness factor. It would be hassling running between domes and would take forever to fully build one.

Really all we need is a few more defence types and simpler mechanics to achieve the same goal

toast

Post by toast » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:06 am

Monstaz wrote:Nice idea!

indeed thats uber pwnzor. im surprised no one else thought of this!

Major.Arse

Post by Major.Arse » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:17 am

No.

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:22 am

Major.Arse wrote:No.

MastrIan

Post by MastrIan » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:38 am

How many less defenses would this cost you? 4? 25? 50? On many layouts this wouldn't really effect the defensive capabilities of the colony at all, not when you have a 30 shot solar or something. Double domes were a bug, they are rare and should stay that way.

Big no on this one.

FoggDawg

Post by FoggDawg » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:20 pm

I think we should be able to make DD's just like what thorin said they are rare and well if there is like 100000 planets then like 10 or 15 could br DD's would make sense just that you have to be the lucky one to get the DD chance =)

LapidSocnix

Post by LapidSocnix » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:07 pm

yeah but if we do tht foggdawg all the planets in all the servers in all the systeme in all the areas in all the arms will be dds and sge will have maybe less of new player tht are nubs and tht will mean no more people building cols for invaders like me :( :(

FoggDawg

Post by FoggDawg » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:07 pm

actually lapid like i said they would have to be rare so , even 12 would not be bad it is just like 12 random col can be DD and you have to explore to find them. so 12 col on a server is not much we all know that

MelKaven

Post by MelKaven » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:22 pm

Are you saying 1 more dome but less lazers allowed to be on col? I think thats a great idea but it has to be alot of less lazers though it could make 1 layout untakeable i think teh D-tail would be untakeable so nvm lol

MastrIan

Post by MastrIan » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:26 pm

FoggDawg wrote:I think we should be able to make DD's just like what thorin said they are rare and well if there is like 100000 planets then like 10 or 15 could br DD's would make sense just that you have to be the lucky one to get the DD chance =)
I wasn't suggesting we allow people to make more DD's. I was saying that the few times Toonces has allowed us to build DD's it wasn't easy to do and it was never anounced. This has made them rare, and if Toonces wants to allow them again for a short period so be it, it's fun.