no

LordSturm

Re: Ideas Requested: Next Perma

Post by LordSturm » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:46 am

1 shot solars and old nukes server o.0

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:50 am

Giant black hole sucking up other perma's. ;)

Maybe one with anti-stagnation features?

Here's an idea free of charge:

Only allow a limited amount of character creations every week and decrease this amount every week untill the server is "full".

There's a galactic fog of war so only a certain amount of systems are visible. Travelling to systems that are invisible on the map costs more (a lot more for a first time) fuel and maybe other stuff. This way new parts of the galaxy only come availabke when the pressure inside known space forces people outward.

Basically: cost of war<cost of exploration=more war=longer before stagnation.

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:47 am

-nox- wrote:nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

no
and incase once wasnt enough,
-nox- wrote:nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

no

TT

Post by TT » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:33 pm

I like that galactic fog idea MadAce, I don't know how easy to implement that would be.

My idea for the next perma is for it not to be a perma at all, rather another Big Bang.

Burnout

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:08 pm

Please don't...

BardockSGE

Post by BardockSGE » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:46 pm

Can we have another classic server that really is classic? You know, like, 3 years ago classic? ALSO. Can we have a map close to the boundless sea's map, only much bigger. We kind of see the same galaxy map used over and over again, and I think the map on Boundless Sea is what got me to play there, it really is nice. This one should also have just 3 igps, making more than 3 is making them nothing special anymore. If you can't make it like the 3 years ago classic server, how about for this server, researches have more power to them Even if it is only .5x more power added OR give more power to harvesting all together. That military tradition can actually come close to what it used to be, currently, level 5 military doesn't have anything on the old military tradition, really. Have the average .50 fuel regain. MAYBE two pirate bases? Or just one pirate base, but place it relatively close to Sol.

DarkLStrike

Post by DarkLStrike » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:09 pm

Nonexistent.

But if we are going to create one... I don't know. None of the permas are really unique except for the tiny ones.

Armor

Post by Armor » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:08 pm

DarkLStrike wrote:Nonexistent.

But if we are going to create one... I don't know. None of the permas are really unique except for the tiny ones.
Eh, the tiny ones are BBQ. They have the same problems as the big ones just they happen in a month instead of six.

KottonMouthKing

Post by KottonMouthKing » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:14 pm

instead of a perma make it last for like 2yrs. or someting like that .
other wise make it a totaly evil server kinda like pirates hayday but have sol and one other starbase be good and 4 other pirate bases :twisted:

|Stealth|

Post by |Stealth| » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:55 pm

A new Classic perma, Classic Homeworlds as you can tell 30 people on avg play it at a time.. it's really popular and people like to play it because of the lack of pollution.. Make like 4-5 corpmates to no more than that.

squeemish

Post by squeemish » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:27 pm

Although I agree with the "noooooooooo" opinion, I am realistic - there will be more permas.

Start by identifying the most stagnant, and set a "6 months remaining" countdown. This may reinvigorate these old ones too.

For all new ones, give them an expiration date. Two years was mentioned, but I think 1 year is more realistic.

Also, re-brand all permas with a new name instead of "perma" (although I can't seem to think of a good name right now). Don't lump them into "Extended Rebangs" - once they are over they should be considered completed, and a new name/format initiated later.

If old permas continue to go strong (e.g., Classic), leave them alone for now.

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:35 pm

Ok so lets look at things from a different perspective.

People don't really want another Perma, because it simply allows older Permaverses to stagnate even more - which is understandable. However, with the birth of a new perma every half a year or so the vast majority of players abandon their other perma's to play the new one, which creates stagnation - Exactly what we are trying to avoid.

However, on the other hand - there are people who would welcome a new Permaverse. Myself being one of them so i can have a fresh start.

CLASSIC PERMAVERSE

And by classic we mean REALLY classic. None of this pollution crap. If you can't get pre-pollution DON'T BOTHER making it classic.

Can we just emphasise the IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT PRE-POLLUTION THEN DON'T hugging BOTHER MAKING A CLASSIC PERMA!!!

|Stealth|

Post by |Stealth| » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:16 pm

The majority Votes for the old classic.. and i beleive it would be good.

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:25 pm

I say that any perma that does not have at least 30 people log on at any given day(not at same time), it should be deleted. Of course a fluke of a day don't mean anything, it would have to be a sort of thing like, 2 weeks, average people logging per day... 38.

Rant is ending in...

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:33 pm

But what about other peoples empires ...

People who have spent months, maybe years building their empires?

Should it just be that because a permaverse isn't active it should be deleted, thus rendering all that work useless?

Chicboy

Post by Chicboy » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:38 pm

ArdRhys4 wrote:I say that any perma that does not have at least 30 people log on at any given day(not at same time), it should be deleted. Of course a fluke of a day don't mean anything, it would have to be a sort of thing like, 2 weeks, average people logging per day... 38.

Rant is ending in...
So that would mean most servers are deleted?? Away you go and sit in the corner and think about what you have just said....

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:21 pm

M2-Destroyer wrote:Ok so lets look at things from a different perspective.

People don't really want another Perma, because it simply allows older Permaverses to stagnate even more - which is understandable. However, with the birth of a new perma every half a year or so the vast majority of players abandon their other perma's to play the new one, which creates stagnation - Exactly what we are trying to avoid.

However, on the other hand - there are people who would welcome a new Permaverse. Myself being one of them so i can have a fresh start.

CLASSIC PERMAVERSE

And by classic we mean REALLY classic. None of this pollution crap. If you can't get pre-pollution DON'T BOTHER making it classic.

Can we just emphasise the IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT PRE-POLLUTION THEN DON'T hugging BOTHER MAKING A CLASSIC PERMA!!!

agreed. i think a truly classic server would be awesome.

duece

Post by duece » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:22 pm

|Stealth| wrote:A new Classic perma, Classic Homeworlds as you can tell 30 people on avg play it at a time.. it's really popular and people like to play it because of the lack of pollution.. Make like 4-5 corpmates to no more than that.
A new perma would kill the current classic... which I don't want to happen.

Edit: But if you must..

Classic settings, Herculis size map, 6-8 people corp size, permaverse 2 or permaverse 5 style map, only 4 bases but 2 pirate bases, .67 fuel regen, below normal blackhole count. Basically I want a large one where travel is a I love you man!, and force conflicts to localize instead of galactic sized empires.

I'll add more if I think of something.

And I also agree with Stealth that the classic perma being consistently the most active shows how people like that set up.

Unit001

Post by Unit001 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:08 pm

Yeah even now the Classic Homeworlds server is still the busiest server after a year plus. I think another Classic Server would be fun.

Armor

Post by Armor » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:15 pm

robotchicken wrote:
|Stealth| wrote:A new Classic perma, Classic Homeworlds as you can tell 30 people on avg play it at a time.. it's really popular and people like to play it because of the lack of pollution.. Make like 4-5 corpmates to no more than that.

Classic settings, Herculis size map, 6-8 people corp size, permaverse 2 or permaverse 5 style map, only 4 bases but 2 pirate bases, .67 fuel regen, below normal blackhole count. Basically I want a large one where travel is a I love you man!, and force conflicts to localize instead of galactic sized empires.

And I also agree with Stealth that the classic perma being consistently the most active shows how people like that set up.
I like.

I might even play again if you do this.

But only if Pezzer and Johnnyc aren't allowed to play.

Chicboy

Post by Chicboy » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:22 pm

Armor wrote:
robotchicken wrote:

I like.

Why? Cos they got more money than you? Nothing to be embarresed about :D

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:40 am

I don't mean at the same time. I mean like, ok. In 2 weeks, 233 people logged on(different people) and divide that by 14... oh... Yea...

20 people per day?

Armor

Post by Armor » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:13 am

Chicboy wrote:
Armor wrote:I like.

Why? Cos they got more money than you? Nothing to be embarresed about :D
No... 'cause they're dicks.

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:17 am

an authentic classic if there is going to be one at all!

chronas

Post by chronas » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:06 am

1. I would like to see Npc's have the ability to land on degrades
2. A larger Map
3. More IGP's
4. More colonies per system
5. A few killer planets ( these cannot be landed on ) look like normal planets. When you get close to them they wake up and blast you with a solar beam. High dammage so you only have a few seconds to get away. Once thy finish it become a normal planet. Then another planet in a different system becomes the killer. This way they never can be pinpointed. These would be tiny's or gas giants.
6. Add a super bomb that will destroy anything in space with a countdown timer once someone enters the sytem. They have so many seconds to leave before it detonates.
7. Those caught stealing at a port will be vaporized and sent back to sol.
8. Add the ability to jump from point A to E yet you will get charged for the warp fuel that you would have used going from A,B,C,D, to get to E
9. Name for next perma: JERICHO
Last edited by chronas on Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LapidSocnix

Post by LapidSocnix » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:41 pm

toonces make a perma tht will be perma like the ones in 2005 and 2006 wiht 1 shots solar no zoom and old colors of shields and energy and no new layouts and wiht old refinerys and wiht not cmines and when we can put 100% military and the col survive :D

WeirdAl34

Post by WeirdAl34 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:53 pm

Toonces wrote:What should the next perma be like?

Toonces, make it massive scaled, as in maybe 2 or three perma sizes big...if a server were that big, it would be hard to claim with one corp. Even if one corp did, they would die extremely fast due to pollution and such. I personally think the bigger the perma the better, so more corps can control more areas thus preventing one massive corp owning everything. Also, asteroidsSHOULD NOT BE IN IT!!!!!!

WeirdAl34

Post by WeirdAl34 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:58 pm

robotchicken wrote:

Classic settings, Herculis size map, 6-8 people corp size, permaverse 2 or permaverse 5 style map, only 4 bases but 2 pirate bases,

i LOVE the permaverse 2 map..its reeally great, not the sterotype spiral thingy ma-bob.