Changing Layouts

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Chettoes121

Changing Layouts

Post by Chettoes121 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:57 am

:idea: LAYOUTS SHOULD CHANGE to keep old servers fun by not invading the same 8 layouts 50 times a week :idea: : :idea:
:idea:

:arrow: ----should happen when a Dome dies (and dead dome is gone) or for empty planets Every time monthly xp resets the layout changes(only if no sleepers or mines on it)

Armor

Re: Changing Layouts

Post by Armor » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:40 pm

Do you realize how little sense this makes from a realism aspect? Mountains don't just *disappear*, valleys don't just *form*.

Well, they do, but it takes millions of years.

So, yes, maybe in five million years Toonces XXVII can change the planet layouts on the permas a teensy bit.

Havok

Post by Havok » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:49 pm

a patch like that would just be asking for trouble, so many of them already have issues, if this one was implemented it would likely not only affect undomed planets, but ones with cols on them already, doing who knows what, maybe turning them all into DDs or some BBQ :evil:

pewpewpew
Location: In mah uber dreamsower, shooting nukes at you by the dozen.

Post by pewpewpew » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:33 pm

Armor wrote:Do you realize how little sense this makes from a realism aspect? Mountains don't just *disappear*, valleys don't just *form*.

So, yes, maybe in five million years Toonces XXVII can change the planet layouts on the permas a teensy bit.
Actually TooncesXXVII would be like toonces the 27th
Roman numerals dont stack that well

It would be something like:
Toonces MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMCCCCCCXXXXXXXXXXIV

Also, Code wise, I dont think it would be too difficult, redirect the layout, boot everybody on the planet, and put the link to it in the death sequence code of the biodome.

Armor

Post by Armor » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:13 pm

pewpewpew wrote:
Armor wrote:Do you realize how little sense this makes from a realism aspect? Mountains don't just *disappear*, valleys don't just *form*.

Actually TooncesXXVII would be like toonces the 27th
Roman numerals dont stack that well

It would be something like:
Toonces MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMCCCCCCXXXXXXXXXXIV

Also, Code wise, I dont think it would be too difficult, redirect the layout, boot everybody on the planet, and put the link to it in the death sequence code of the biodome.
Yeah, I know it was 27th, I can read Roman numerals. I didn't feel like calculating exactly what generation of Toonces's we'd be on in 5,002,009. I apologize for my laziness.

WeirdAl34

Post by WeirdAl34 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:09 am

lmfao armor, i got a good long laugh outa this^^