More Statistics for each server.

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Should we have a massively informational and awesome statistics page on each server?

Yes, should have been here on day one.
70%
No, I want to be kept in the dark...haha
30%

Total votes: 10

OceanJeff35

More Statistics for each server.

Post by OceanJeff35 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:59 am

How about a statistics page?

Everything from how many planets total, to how many colonized, how many colonists, how many resources being generated by planets, how many weapons being made.

I want to know everything!!! <insert lion's roar here>

...and while you're at it, add all the information about the whole universe, all the servers! (yes, I would like the seven course meal with five dessert courses, followed by steam room, massage, pool, tennis and let's go bowling when we're done.)

later,

jeff :lol: :lol:

toast

Post by toast » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:29 am

i said no just because....why?

we have followers, most people are willing to say approximately how many cols they have (and if not, just do the math).

so i guess i dont see much point. Resources generated and that sort of thing is totally irrelevant.

tekkamanblade

Post by tekkamanblade » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:03 am

i think some of those things he mentioned would give a much clearer view of who was actually winning a perma. since, you know, the guy with the most exp on a perma is the one that hasn't be online invading or defending anything for the longest amount of time (thus is actually losing).

however, i do NOT think that toonces should spend all the time and effort coding it into the server list. that list is already a slow loading heap of garbage. if anything we need to be taking things out of there (like 20 something permas).

i'd like to see an option to sort corporations by those kinds of values at some point in the future, for REAL rankings reasons. like toast said though followers is a fairly accurate measure of power and is fine for now.

JD

Post by JD » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:57 am

As you can tell they seem to be working on something close to this.

:arrow: http://starportgame.com/blog/fun-stuff/

Read the blog post

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:01 am

note the date on the blog post is sept 5.

JD

Post by JD » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:10 am

I realize that however, I'm sure this is not at the top of the list to do. Plus depending on what type of database engine they have chosen to use can be the problem as well. I do free-lance programming on the side so I too know how hard or easy this can be. But it would be great if they would keep us up to date on this option they are creating.

squeemish

Post by squeemish » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:59 am

A dashboard might be interesting but I don't see it as a high priority so I choose not to vote either way. If the idea does get accepted, it could be added to the existing "About" screen. Some other nice info might include the galaxy's NPC count, warp regen rate, and the text description of the galaxy as found on the outer-most galaxy selection screen.

OceanJeff35

Post by OceanJeff35 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:29 am

Squeemish, that about idea is perfect.

DONE!

later,
jeff

:D :D :D :D :D