TOONCES - Overhaul of Scout Marauder - TOONCES

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Cheesy

TOONCES - Overhaul of Scout Marauder - TOONCES

Post by Cheesy » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:17 am

Basically, the worst ship in the whole game, that no one ever uses, is the scout marauder. basically, besides fuel usage, everything about it sucks. its got a crappy special weapon that has no use, it has 2k sheilds, nothing at all is impressive as far as speed, thrust or turning, and its got horrible holds.

now, lets keep all of these all these stats, EXCEPT the special weapon, ditch the reverse guns and replace it with an in-space intangibility device! intangibility is perfect for the ship, because of its horrid sheilds and bad maneuverability, its balanced, and gives the ship the special ability to travel through asteroid belts, planets, ports etc, once activated.

with this, people will actually use it, in rebangs early on especially, because they will make taxi missions easier on fuel and easier, also boosting the holds to like 150 will make it a prefered building ship early on in rebangs, but please intangibility first!!!

i really hope you swap out the reverse guns for intangibility device cause it'll make the ship useful!

toast

Post by toast » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:22 am

i realllly love this idea. But, make the secondary like t he avengers, so you turn it on, and it stays on until your energy hits zero...this will solve autopilot problems.

Such a good idea. be my fav ship.

OceanJeff35

Post by OceanJeff35 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:45 am

I like this idea. Poll? Voting? I give it a 10, and I vote for it.

All in favor?

later,

jeff

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

TheMcCrazy

Post by TheMcCrazy » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:49 pm

im pretty sure that there are a LOT of people who already use the scout marauder in rebangs...AND at the start of permas, this is the ship thats always seen at the start of every server, well at least from what ive seen throughout my attendance with the game...the intangibility thing would be HELLA tight though haha...so i give that part a 10 :wink:

toast

Post by toast » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:24 pm

yeah i have used it because of the warp fuel...until i can afford ceo.

but i would just assume use the starter ship, because of the thruster.

With this intangibility thing, it would be the only way to go. It would be awesome, and make everyone love toonces again.

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:08 pm

toast wrote: It would be awesome, and make everyone love toonces again.
love? well if coupled with the AAS sure

Tarvok

Post by Tarvok » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:07 pm

I DO hope this intangibility device wouldn't work on planets.

And toast is right. The Scout is a fine ship... on rebangs. It's something to get into until you can afford a better ship... and really, there's no reason to expect an even mix of ships on permas.

Still, replacing that useless rear gun would be nice. The intangibility device seems a bit much, though. I'd almost rather give it the Cruiser's special, and give the Cruiser something different.

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:31 pm

with this overhaul, the scout will be like the pod in that, it cant land on hostile planets, so no worries as far as use for invasion

Cochise...

Post by Cochise... » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:47 pm

Forgive me if I'm wrong....

I thought the Scout Marauder was supposed to suck?

toast

Post by toast » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:12 pm

Cochise... wrote:Forgive me if I'm wrong....

No no no silly that was a mistake. It accidentally sucks.

Cochise...

Post by Cochise... » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:28 pm

toast wrote:
Cochise... wrote:Forgive me if I'm wrong....

No no no silly that was a mistake. It accidentally sucks.

Assuming that's sarcasm, you just proved my point.

If the marauder is meant to suck....why improve it?

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:57 pm

you assumed wrong, it accidentally sucks too much! and for u peeps who actually use the scout, do u really find it worth it? early on i, and most peeps use a falcon based on what ive seen.... i havent seen a player in a scout for..... possibly a year, of not then 6 months atleast

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:37 pm

The only thing i can say to counteract this "anti-Asteroid-Belt" ship is to do taxi's in a pod.

Seriously now.

A pod is the fastest ship in the game, well .. in theory anyway ... combining that with proximity warp, i found that i was making the same, if not more, in the bonus than in the actual fare.

Ok, so asteroid belts kinda put a damper on that, but it still works about 66.66% of the time.

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:15 am

its not really that its anti asteroids, its used, yes, to shorten taxi trips through asteriods as well as planets, but also avoids attacks from enemy ships.

any way, as far as asteriods go the AAS i am still hoping will be implemented

Pwnster

Post by Pwnster » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:30 pm

"4th Reich Gives It a 10/10"

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:19 pm

I think up holds to 75 and put that special attk. Would make it good for beginning but would be meh for middle. It would be like a ok trade ship and good taxi ship.

tekkamanblade

Post by tekkamanblade » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:04 am

i think rather than tampering with ships in a way EVERYONE will have to put up with, you should focus on permas. permas and rebangs aren't the same and should never be thought of as such, especially when mentioning "balance" to ptt.

if the "weak" ships are all so weak (in permas only) and over abundance of credits/fuel is a massive problem (in permas only) then kill two birds with one stone. have some sort of upgrade package for each ship available from all the star bases (would be lost with your ship upon death) at a ridiculous enough price to restrict it in rebangs.

better yet have THREE different packages for each ship. like a hauling (cargo/hardware boost), maneuverability (slight boosts), special weapon swap kits, etc that were hard to pick between or were constantly in need of switching out.

Major.Arse

Post by Major.Arse » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:51 pm

tekkamanblade wrote:i think rather than tampering with ships in a way EVERYONE will have to put up with, you should focus on permas. permas and rebangs aren't the same and should never be thought of as such, especially when mentioning "balance" to ptt.

if the "weak" ships are all so weak (in permas only) and over abundance of credits/fuel is a massive problem (in permas only) then kill two birds with one stone. have some sort of upgrade package for each ship available from all the star bases (would be lost with your ship upon death) at a ridiculous enough price to restrict it in rebangs.

better yet have THREE different packages for each ship. like a hauling (cargo/hardware boost), maneuverability (slight boosts), special weapon swap kits, etc that were hard to pick between or were constantly in need of switching out.
this

amazing what a brain can do

MegaMan

Post by MegaMan » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:27 am

tekkamanblade wrote:i think rather than tampering with ships in a way EVERYONE will have to put up with, you should focus on permas. permas and rebangs aren't the same and should never be thought of as such, especially when mentioning "balance" to ptt.

rly good idea.. the ships have always been relatively balanced from a rebang perspective. This would extend the usefulness of the existing ships for permas, and also provide a late-game cash sink, without messing with rebang balance. Very nice

Deathday

Hmm...

Post by Deathday » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:06 am

Yeah, true, the only time I would ever use the scout would be in a Pax server atm. Oh and I put a grav beam on one once as a joke/ luring in noobs with speedstars and peashooters to get them to attack me and then crush them.